No announcement yet.

Custom HUD with CSQC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oh? Wow! very cool!..Thanx Smith!...downloading again.

Comment

• This hud mostly worked as intended but was not user friendly, so I revisited it once more.
      In the end this unspectacular update costed me as much work as everything I've done with it before.
      It should be at least more friendly to both: users and someone who will eventually try to modify it further now.
      Old nahuel's sources included, unused stuff from them may be useful to someone.

Changes:
      Old and new customizations available now via autoexec.cfg and ingame sbar/ibar settings are stored between levels and game sessions.
      Smiths's layout now looks correct with larger then QRP icons. Restored full functionality of dark places hud, DP scorebar.

@Nahuel: You could add this link and feature description in the opening post of this thread. Otherwise it get burried soon.

HUD_v4.5_Nahuel_Dresk_Smith.zip

Hud displays map name after level load. Can display custom inventory layout, compass.
      Optionally can intruduce water fog. ( not compatible with world fog via .ent files )

Ingame settings:

keys"+""-" full classic hud - custom inventory layout - status bar only - hide hud
      key "v" show/hide inventory
      Above settings will be stored between levels and game sessions.

key "c" show/hide compass
      key "tab" hold to show scorebar

autoexec.cfg settings:

set hud_ibar 0 - custom inventory layout won't be available
      set hud_ibar 1 - Smith's custom inventory layout == default
      set hud_ibar 2 - Nahuels's custom inventory layout

set hud_weapons_offset - move up/down custom inventory weapons and ammocounts ( value +/- 40 is about 10% screen height up/down ), 0 == default

set hud_compass 0/1 - turn on/off compass on level load, 0 == default
      set waterfog 0/1 - turn on/off waterfog, 0 == default

console:
      sbar_alpha_bg, sbar_alpha_fg DP cvars will now affect all hud graphics

transparent sbar/ibar texture - if you want fully transparent sbar background, replace ibar/sbar textures with included transparent textures ( from QRP: qrp.quakeone.com )
      Last edited by _Smith_; 01-22-2012, 07:55 AM.
      Quake HD: Embrace the decline and have some guilty pleasure with it, or join a club for monocled gentlemen at quaddicted and play Quake the way it's meant to be played.

Comment

• very good work smith!! i added your stuff to the thread!!
        the invasion has begun! hide your children, grab the guns, and pack sandwiches.

syluxman2803

Comment

• Yea, nice so far. Can you put in the option for the runes with my mod?

Also I noticed when I run one of them in listen mode, it wont let me load a map - says csprogs.dat are out of date. I think you guys may be floating stuff in a conflicting location is what that means.....

Comment

• tried the hud again after i saw that you could revert back to the old-style hud too,
            and its awesomes

the compass at top can be real usefull at moments,
            and the map name appearing on screen and shaking a bit is totally awesomes
            that is just to awesomes

been using this add-on all the time since i tried it again earlier.

when i tried it before long ago i didnt like it cuz i prefer the normal hud layout,
            but now that it optionally has the original layout i love it

i has request though.... for the powerups...
            could you add it to the hud itll show a timer next to pickups which shows how long it takes before the power up times out?
            just like they have in the kleshik mod

tried kleshik a few weeks ago and i found that really usefull, to be able to see how long power-ups still last
            cuz in original quake there is no way at all to know how long a powerup still has till it works out, beside counting in your head

it would be totally awesome if your knowledge of csqc would be good enough to be able to add that
            are you curious about what all there is out there in terms of HD content for quake?
            > then make sure to check out my 'definitive' HD replacement content thread! <
            everything that is out there for quake and both mission-packs, compiled into one massive thread

Comment

• Originally posted by splitterface View Post
              tried the hud again after i saw that you could revert back to the old-style hud too,
              and its awesomes

the compass at top can be real usefull at moments,
              and the map name appearing on screen and shaking a bit is totally awesomes
              that is just to awesomes

been using this add-on all the time since i tried it again earlier.

when i tried it before long ago i didnt like it cuz i prefer the normal hud layout,
              but now that it optionally has the original layout i love it

i has request though.... for the powerups...
              could you add it to the hud itll show a timer next to pickups which shows how long it takes before the power up times out?
              just like they have in the kleshik mod

tried kleshik a few weeks ago and i found that really usefull, to be able to see how long power-ups still last
              cuz in original quake there is no way at all to know how long a powerup still has till it works out, beside counting in your head

it would be totally awesome if your knowledge of csqc would be good enough to be able to add that
              I have done some experiments in this matter, not very perfects aniway Otherwise to have these features you need to have a custom ssqc (progs.dat) to share information with csqc. You need declare new stats (the time of the items) you can see the (ugly) experiments here http://quakeone.com/forums/quake-mod...-hud-bars.html Obviously, i can change the ugly bars for a nice digital timer (like kleshik)

syluxman2803

Comment

• neat! would be totally awesomes if you could do that
                are you curious about what all there is out there in terms of HD content for quake?
                everything that is out there for quake and both mission-packs, compiled into one massive thread

Comment

• Nahuel: I have a problem that is happening with the csqc. Seems that the fixangle no longer works. This is the command issued between level changes when you are suppose to be set at a camera intermisison. I can change my angle with the mouse during the intermission, and the view never moves to the camera intermissions anyway, that has always been like that. Any plans to improve?

Comment

• Originally posted by Cobalt View Post
                    Nahuel: I have a problem that is happening with the csqc. Seems that the fixangle no longer works. This is the command issued between level changes when you are suppose to be set at a camera intermisison. I can change my angle with the mouse during the intermission, and the view never moves to the camera intermissions anyway, that has always been like that. Any plans to improve?
                    please!! check the _smith_ update

syluxman2803

Comment

• erm, nahuel?

your hud causes probs again with shub. with shub i get that same incorrect camera placement again when tp-ing into shub
                      [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2I3VLk-Yq54&context=C4e23789ADvjVQa1PpcFPUlXAF4FSNAqYeqOL eMc-nIKH64se--sI=[/ame]

and in hipnotic using your hud causes an even weirder problem. it causes that when killing armagon when you kill him he'll scream, but instead of dieing half of the time he'll just keep walking around the map. you do however get the end-cinemating after a few seconds, but there again the camera is also wrongly placed, and armagon will just keep walking around the map all the time and he doesnt die at all
                      [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kJCknoSmaEc&context=C4212f16ADvjVQa1PpcFPU lXAF4FSNAggcIELMb33f7D1NRGtbCGs=[/ame]

im using the latest version of the hud, the _smith_ 4.5 update

EDIT: just tried with rogue, and there it seems to cause the same problem with camera not moving to the right position but staying at the position the player last was
                      Last edited by talisa; 03-22-2012, 02:00 PM.

Comment

• I've done some investigation on the issue...

I didn't try to read through darkplaces source code to figure out what exactly is happening,
                        but it looks like csqc ignore imput from ssqc once it receive:
                        Code:
                        WriteByte (MSG_ALL, SVC_INTERMISSION); // or:
                        WriteByte (MSG_ALL, SVC_FINALE);
                        Since CSQC_UpdateView in csqc is actualized only once per frame.
                        My solution so far was to delay in ssqc above commands just a little bit so csqc has time to execute CSQC_UpdateView after player moved into itntermission spot.
                        It turned out however that final boss has separate code from regular intermission, so final boss problem was in fact never solved.
                        I've tried yesterday and failed to do the same trick with this sequence.

I've done something in csqc itself, though. In CSQC_UpdateView :
                        Code:
                        if (intermission) 
                        {
                        R_SetView(VF_ORIGIN, pmove_org);
                        if((autocvar_intermission)||(mapname == "maps/end.bsp"))R_SetView(VF_ANGLES, input_angles);
                        }
                        First line will tie camera position with player entity, it solves all isues with wrong point of view.
                        Second will not set proper view angle but give you free mouse look during intermission instead.

autoexec.cfg
                        set intermission 0 – locked intermission camera like it was in v4.5, except for final boss level – default
                        set intermission 1 – free mouse look intermission camera on all levels ( initial angle for regular levels will still be correct like was in v4.5 )

I've set intermission_delay before as a think for entity that called execute_changelevel function, that can potentially break some scripting.
                        So I've added now separate timer entity to do that. It may, or may not fix armagon issue.

For id1 it is implemented now in my addon for SMCv3.76

MPs fix for SMCv3.61 *deleted*
                        There are two versions: A with fix as described above and B with all changes to intermission code removed.
                        If none of these versions solve armagon issue than it is not caused by my code.
                        If both solve it, A will be better since B will not set proper intermission view angle on normal levels.

I do not played MPs yet so I don't want to spoil it for myself by testing mods, so if there are any issues with MPs left I'll leave it for Seven or Nahuel to eventually solve.

@Splitterface or anyone interested:
                        If you have time you could thoroughly test final levels for all episodes in Quake and MPs and report issues ( if any left ) here.
                        If there is no issues please report too
                        Last edited by _Smith_; 03-25-2012, 12:10 PM.
                        Quake HD: Embrace the decline and have some guilty pleasure with it, or join a club for monocled gentlemen at quaddicted and play Quake the way it's meant to be played.

Comment

• thanx _smith_ ,
                          ill try them out and see if it fixes the problem with shub and armagon

and let you know if it fixes it or not

Comment

• UPDATE: for ID1 the update seems to work fine, tried it with both 'set intemission' set to 0 and to 1 and both seem to work fine. with shubs though both settings seem to be the same and allow for free look. but at least it fixes the wrong camera position so i dun mind

for hipnotic though changing 'set intermission' doesnt do a thing. with both settings the camera is unmovable, and i still get the same wrong camera position when armagon is killed

rogue i just tried it with too, and same there as with hipnotic. setting 'set intermission' to 0 or 1 doesnt make a difference,
                            and at end after dragon the camera still stays at position player was looking at last instead of moving to correct position

Comment

• Bottom line is: with Quake it works, with MPs it works except for final "cutscene".

You also didn't try fixed MP smc to check if it fixed armagon not dying since no one downloaded it
                              But it doesn't matter. After your report I have suspection I want to check.

Please provide me your saves for mission packs few seconds before finale. I'll dig into it later and do further testing myself.

Comment

• well no of course i didnt download it,
                                cuz i dont have the problem when using only the smc and not the hud as well,
                                the problems are only there when i use the hud too

i tested hipnotic and rogue both when using only the smc and not the hud,
                                and with only smc i dont have these camera probs with both hipnotic and rogue.

so the problem is really with the huds csqc, and not with the qc of the smc

and i also already tried seeing wether or not it made difference wether the smc or the hud gets loaded last by darkplaces,
                                but that makes no difference at all
                                Last edited by talisa; 03-24-2012, 12:30 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X