Custom HUD with CSQC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by NightFright View Post
    Updated lightning/plasma gun icons to fit into HUD properly (sean's versions had gaps to the right):

Revised DoE highres HUD MoonDrunk style (2.5 MB)

I love this QRP hud gfx style. Actual pixel art instead of boring renders.
    Great work, I hope you both will team up to make SoA icons soon.
    Quake HD: Embrace the decline and have some guilty pleasure with it, or join a club for monocled gentlemen at quaddicted and play Quake the way it's meant to be played.

Comment

• You will laugh, I actually just either modified MoonDrunk's excellent graphics until they looked like the Rogue stuff or took screenshots from the ingame models (ammo or powerups) and played around with them in Paint.NET.

Anyway, the result is what matters, and it looks really nice. I am working on a similar pack for SoA right now. Then, we would have MoonDrunk highres HUD support for both addons as well.
      Authentic Models Pack
      OriOn's ID1 Model Fixes for MP1+2
      LIT/VIS files for Quake addons

Comment

• Hi

@smith
        nice work on the huds=P

@nightfright
        yes that icon was for my nahuel hud mod thats to the side...my version was over contrast.

i had ammo icons in my upload, not sure if you were aware of that.

the two textures look similar but are little different...it took me about one minute to size it to the box.

ive been making a few icons for hipnotic that look good...but if i post them,

wont they just get reposted by someone else in five minutes.

Sean

Comment

• Good evening, guys
          NightFright, thank you very much for your hud! Prox gun is perfect, but laser and Mjolnir both look a bit weird, like they don't belong to this iconset. It is seen good when compared with original low-res icons.

Sean, I think everyone would be glad to see your work. Almost everything you did is amazingly beautiful!

Comment

• Yeah well, for the other icons, there haven't been any existing MoonDrunk graphics, and I am not exactly a genius in creating new stuff from scratch... The proxmine launcher is actually the only piece in the whole pack I am really satisfied with. The powerup icons aren't that great, either (at least, the wetsuit icon is more recognizable than the original one), but they are meant more like placeholders anyway until the real artists finally get things done.

Maybe this inspires some of you to provide alternatives which fit better. I would be glad to include anything that looks more like the other MoonDrunk items!
            Authentic Models Pack

Comment

• hi

good job on the hud...Nightfright.

@FC Zvyozdochka
              i wasnt going to upload my icons...but because of your nice comment i will.

just going to wait a little while, i dont want to step on nightfrights work.

regards

Sean

Comment

• That won't be a problem. I would actually gladly use something that looks better by myself! If you have stuff to show, there is really no reason for delays. ^^
                Authentic Models Pack

Comment

• I think if Sean delays the release of his beautiful icons pack then he really has a reason to do (and no matter what kind of reason he has), so we have to wait a while, especially considering that your version is good too, NightFright.
                  Last edited by FC Zvyozdochka; 01-04-2012, 01:05 PM.

Comment

• Sean, good day for you!
                    Can't wait for your version of Hipnotic HUD icons Isn't there a time for it to release?

Comment

• Hi

@FC Zvyozdochka
                      you got it...i think that nighfrights alt prox is good, i didnt put the alt on my version though.

i hope you like them

z87-hipnotic-gfx.zip

regards

Sean

Comment

• Thanx, Sean Lasgun is especialy cool, liked it the most!

Comment

• Thanks, now I only wait for final release of SoA reforged skins, and will finally play the thing.
                          Quake HD: Embrace the decline and have some guilty pleasure with it, or join a club for monocled gentlemen at quaddicted and play Quake the way it's meant to be played.

Comment

• Nahuel? I am using Seven's transparent HUD and I love it. I added your mod to it but it wasn't for me....except for having the map name at the beginning of the level!..thats so cool! Is there any way you can create a simple mod just for that? I'd like to add that to Q1 and MP1 and 2. Please.

Comment

• @papamac

Do you have last update v4.4 ?

Key 'h' will switch you back to classic hud. Versions for MPs included.
                              You can change one variable in the code and recompile to have classic hud by default. Follow instructions in the linked post.

Comment

Working...
                              X