No announcement yet.

drake power-ups HD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

nvm about the flask, i just checked the version included with NSOE and it indeed has just one texture,
    which is that swamp-brown/yellow-ish color, which is the second color in the version of standard drake

whipped up a version of pk3 specially for NSOE which has only this color included:

>LINK REMOVED, NEWER VERSION CAN BE FOUND IN FIRST POST OF THREAD<
    Last edited by talisa; 12-03-2013, 06:35 PM.
    are you curious about what all there is out there in terms of HD content for quake?
    > then make sure to check out my 'definitive' HD replacement content thread! <
    everything that is out there for quake and both mission-packs, compiled into one massive thread

Comment

What does the flask do?

Your glass effect is neat. I never messed with transparent textures or "container" structures but, I get what you did.

@JD - your new avatar is Fing with me. I keep thinking you are not you.
      Last edited by MadGypsy; 11-15-2013, 07:05 PM.
      http://www.nextgenquake.com

Comment

@gypsy
        i think it restores some health, just like in heretic&hexen, which is where this item originates from

havent played NSOE in quite a while though, so JD prolly knows that better

also thanx, glad you like the glass effect! got the idea from psychikons HD quartz-flask for doomsday
        are you curious about what all there is out there in terms of HD content for quake?
        everything that is out there for quake and both mission-packs, compiled into one massive thread

Comment

suggestion: Take some of the ripple out of the liquid and make it transparent too. It kinda looks like a psychedelic stone (to me). Maybe even just a hint of transparency would be enough and you can even leave the ripple.

Maybe even get real involved and decide the "thickness" for each one. Like, red is probably blood and blood isn't transparent, but blood wouldn't have those ripples.

Comment

yeah i thought of doing that, but itll probably give problems with alpha-sorting, to have both layers transparent, which is why i havent done it. i havent tested it, but i remember when i once tried playing around with a partial transparent texture on a model it caused problems with that

but i guess i can try to see what happens if i make the texture of the liquid-layer transparent

Comment

just tried adding transparency to test it, and it seems to work fine without causing problems with alpha-sorting

Comment

more suggestions: the liquid is still too busy. It just seems like there is an awful lot of implied movement for liquid sitting in a jar.

bubbles?

edit: wait, those darker areas are coming from the flask?

Comment

also made new version of normal drake version with all colors with transparent liquids

Comment

@gypsy
                    yeah i think thats the glass texture.
                    ill look into using some gausian blur on the glass texture so it doesnt look so busy

Comment

What if you made it a bsp and really put "water" in it? Maybe even pretty water. Prolly be too busy, but it might be cool anyway. Then your liquid could just be a shader.

You could make a different shape and put a ballerina at the bottom. Why stop there? With some real tinkering you could make a snow-globe.

We need that! A Quake snow-globe. It could be in SMC. There will be a 13% chance that they appear instead of shells. . If you kick one, it breaks and you get toxic poisoning from the crap inside... summin like that.

Maybe it could even be a melee weapon. Beat an Ogre in the face with a snow-globe. The irony, right? Cause like, it's snowing but, things are dieing.
                      Last edited by MadGypsy; 11-15-2013, 07:57 PM.

Comment

that could be done, and i dun even need to make a bsp of it, just add the pretty-water shader to the texture i use for the liquid layer of the flask. but nah, i wont do that

anyway, i played around with the glass-texture, and after a bit i noticed the texture wasnt equally transparent all over, it seemed to become less transparent to one side.
                        so i decided to get a different glass-texture which wasnt transparent at all and add transparency to it myself so it would be same amount of transparency all over.

nowhere near as busy looking now

>LINKS REMOVED, NEWER VERSION CAN BE FOUND IN FIRST POST OF THREAD<
                        Last edited by talisa; 12-03-2013, 06:36 PM.

Comment

Yeah! That looks much better. I have one final suggestion. The lid (to me) doesn't match at all. The shape is fine, it's the texture. Maybe even use more than "one" color. Maybe a dark color for the part that is inside of the bottle, possibly even make that part look like cork, rubber, diamond, whatever. Then, the biggest square hunk could maybe have something inscribed on it, possibly even runes. The rest could maybe stay the same but I think it is too bright. It needs a deeper, richer color.

That's my final suggestion. Even if you did none of this, though, kudos to your for making this.

I still like my idea about the snow-globe, though. It could even have real falling snow. Just use a very very small weather entity.

Comment

@gypsy
                            maybe another time ill look into texture, but right now i first wanna continue recreating more items from drake in hi-poly

up next... the shotgun optimizer, which can be found in first map of unforgiven

(in unf1 theres lots of lights which make the item look overly bright, which is why i made pic in wickedend instead)

also this item has fancy reflect to give it that lovely glossy look

DOWNLOAD SHOTGUN OPTIMIZER

Comment

random screenshot i wanted to make of all colors of new improved flask

also, i decided to change the first post, and keep a list of all items done in first post with pics and links
                              Last edited by talisa; 11-16-2013, 05:31 PM.

Comment

The texture for the top looks good with the shadows included

Comment

Working...
                                X