No announcement yet.

drake power-ups HD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

didnt edit the texture, thats just DarkPlaces RT-lights which added that shadow

but yeah, it does look neat, not? mebbe ill edit the texture and add similar dark areas to it,
    since maps for drake are meant to be played without RT-lights anyway and thus the shadowing on texture wont clash with RT-shadows
    are you curious about what all there is out there in terms of HD content for quake?
    > then make sure to check out my 'definitive' HD replacement content thread! <
    everything that is out there for quake and both mission-packs, compiled into one massive thread

Comment

The shadows did everything I saw in my head when I made my suggestion post. It brought the top to life. IMO, it now looks very good together. Also, kudos to you for taking suggestions and rolling with them - pretty fast, too.

When are you going to make the snow-globe that you promised with your life to make?

Originally posted by Talisa
      I promise with my life to make a snow-globe for Gypsy, so he can beat an ogre in the face with it.
      See, I have the quote right there - except you don't type like that. Let's just overlook that for now.
      Last edited by MadGypsy; 11-16-2013, 06:12 PM.
      http://www.nextgenquake.com

Comment

hows this?

decided to try and add fake 45° downwards-angle of shadowing to the flask-lid texture,
        blurred the texture itself a lil bit before adding fake shadowing to it cuz it was rather noisy-looking originally,
        and i also darkened the bottom part which is inside the flask an extra amount on top of the normal shadowing

Originally posted by MadGypsy View Post
        When are you going to make the snow-globe that you promised with your life to make?
        are you curious about what all there is out there in terms of HD content for quake?
        everything that is out there for quake and both mission-packs, compiled into one massive thread

Comment

Something weird about it. I think the lid is just too bright. You have a golden lid on a flask of vomit water. It probably works for some of the other colors, but not this one (imo). The shadows aren't bad for having to be static, though.

Comment

lol they're supposed to be funky-colored magical potions
            also thanx, i quite like the shadows myself. ill put out an update in a bit with new fake shadows added to the lid

also.... here's your quake snowglobe

was bored after adding fake shadowing on flask, and couldnt resist

Comment

again, update time!

added the new textures with shadowing

>LINKS REMOVED, NEWER VERSION CAN BE FOUND IN FIRST POST OF THREAD<
              Last edited by talisa; 12-03-2013, 06:36 PM.

Comment

@ snow-globe... me like

Comment

consider it my early X-mas gift
                  Last edited by talisa; 11-16-2013, 10:17 PM.

Comment

also, new pic for flask which shows all colors in a map without RT-lights

Comment

just started on the second potion-container a while ago

progress so far:

as you can see the model is done, so another time i can get to UV-mapping it and then create texture for it

also, yeah... as you can see blender is is obviously not made with transparent textures in mind
                      the alpha-sorting is horrible in blender, lol

PS JD or anyone else know if this model is used anywhere in any maps, and if so can tell me which map and show me where with a pic?

Comment

I love this stuff, too bad my PC was confiscated and I don't know when it comes back and when I can have access to Quake again.

Comment

le voila

potion2 is done!

>LINK REMOVED, NEWER VERSION CAN BE FOUND IN FIRST POST OF THREAD<

also, noticed i accidentially forgot to include cubemaps with the other flask and with cross of deflection.
                          so i updated those to include the cubemaps which are required for the reflect
                          Last edited by talisa; 12-03-2013, 06:37 PM.

Comment

thanx iron, glad you like my models

Comment

Of course, and can't wait to have back my PC to test them.

Comment

You know i cant think of a map where its used... theres a lot in drake and not all of whats in the qc and progs has been used... can you do the gemni logo? its the shotgun powerup for soe i think its called the equalizer. keep up the good work!

Comment

Working...
                                X