X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• enderandrew
    replied
    Originally posted by talisa View Post
    just thought id let you all know i started on HD-ifying Pulsar & EricW's 'Terror Fuma'

ive currently finished 81 textures, which is 28% (280 textures total)

the base theme isnt exactly my favourite & it'll involve lots of copy&paste (which also isnt that fun) to do the 'speedy' texture-set,
    but i really enjoyed terror fuma and want to fancify the map with some lovely HD-textures
    Perhaps this is a stupid question, but I think for the AoP texture pack someone used a script to point AoP texture names back to ID1 textures. So if you were using a HD texture pack for ID1, you were covered. For some of the larger AD texture packs, are you ever just reusing ID1 HD textures and renaming them? If so, would it make sense to perhaps copy the method used in the AoP pack?

Leave a comment:

• talisa
    replied
    just thought id let you all know i started on HD-ifying Pulsar & EricW's 'Terror Fuma'

ive currently finished 81 textures, which is 28% (280 textures total)

the base theme isnt exactly my favourite & it'll involve lots of copy&paste (which also isnt that fun) to do the 'speedy' texture-set,
    but i really enjoyed terror fuma and want to fancify the map with some lovely HD-textures

Leave a comment:

• talisa
    replied
    yeah guess so, its an official map that is just not finished yet

Leave a comment:

• Blood Vengeance
    replied
    And what about AD_Sepulcher? There is the beta available (and is fully playable) and was part of the official AD package even if it was scrapped. So when I release the texture pack will be included in the official texture packs?

Leave a comment:

• talisa
    replied
    not included in either of the AD start-maps, so unofficial.

if sock adds it to either start-map in an update to AD then it will be moved to official maps

Leave a comment:

• Blood Vengeance
    replied
    Oh by the way I'm finishing AD_scastle....even if not part of the main AD package, should be considered an official map? Afterall was made by Sock himself

Leave a comment:

• Blood Vengeance
    replied
    Since all the maps that aren't in AD last version contains very few textures, I was thinking of making a single .pk3 file that contains the textures for the maps that aren't in AD last version (ad_e3m2, ad_sepulcher, mjb_horse, ad_fenrir)

Leave a comment:

• talisa
    replied
    made two small updates to the AD_magna texture-pack:
    -i noticed i forgot to do rtex278, so i made that one and included it
    -i forgot to convert the textures to TGA before packing them up last time

so i updated the entire texture-pack to include all textures as TGA,
    and i also added rtex278 which was missing before

Leave a comment:

• Blood Vengeance
    replied
    Of course! Since there is the beta version of AD_Sepulcher available here:
    http://www.quaketastic.com/files/sin...1_50_fanP1.zip

I'll make an HD texture pack for it, very few textures and very easy to do, I'll start tomorrow

Leave a comment:

• talisa
    replied
    hope you like it

Leave a comment:

• Blood Vengeance
    replied

Leave a comment:

• talisa
    replied
    just finished the texture-pack for Ionous' & Pulsar's "Leptis Magna"!

as always, you can find link in first post of thread

Leave a comment:

• talisa
    replied
    just 16 more textures left to go for leptis magna

Leave a comment:

• Blood Vengeance
    replied
    I don't know how to register and host files at quaketastic

Leave a comment:

• enderandrew
    replied
    Originally posted by Blood Vengeance View Post
    That's a good idea, but never used google drive. I was thinking of using moddb.com: files stay "forever" and reach more people
    I love Google Drive but I wonder if they have caps on bandwidth or how many people can download from a Google Drive share.

Moddb.com may be the way to go.

Or I wonder if you and Talisa should see about getting your packs hosted on Quaketastic

Leave a comment:

Working...
X