New Particlefont from Nexuiz

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey Sean,
    Thanks for keeping the smoke as close to the original and the decals are a nice touch. I have a bug however. I no longer have rain on maps that are supposed to have it. I get the drops on the ground showing, but no rain is visible??? Any ideas?

Comment

Hi

i didnt notice...should have done some more testing on it. i just tested this one out a bit and it seems good, the blood is more red and less black, but still has contrast.

heres a preview

link `particles-seanstar.rar

regards

Sean

Comment

No problems. Thanks for fixing.

Comment

looks nice sean, i love the more hi-res and the more detail of a lot of the particles

especially the blood splats look great

im using it without the modified effectinfo you provided with the particlefont and it looks great that way,
          same as before but your particles look a lot more detailed, and i love detail

was a bit hesitantly to try your particlefont cuz i didnt like some of the pics you showed, but i tried it anyway,
          and when not using the effectinfo you provided the particles look the same but with a lot more detail, which i absolutely love

its great that you made it usable too without being forced to use it in combination with your effectinfo by keeping the particles the same placement and such and just made more detailed versions of every particle, and didnt completely scramble it which would make you have to use your effectinfo too

anyways, great work i love your particlefont, love the more detailed looks of them!
          Last edited by talisa; 06-03-2012, 02:44 AM.
          are you curious about what all there is out there in terms of HD content for quake?
          > then make sure to check out my 'definitive' HD replacement content thread! <
          everything that is out there for quake and both mission-packs, compiled into one massive thread

Comment

Yes, the detail springs out at you now and it is nice to keep the original effects. Good work on this.

Comment

yeah exactly. and i love how the blood splats are more like smeared splats in some parts of the textures and how they are a mix of splats and spray, looks more real then just purely spray like with sevens particlefont
              are you curious about what all there is out there in terms of HD content for quake?
              > then make sure to check out my 'definitive' HD replacement content thread! <
              everything that is out there for quake and both mission-packs, compiled into one massive thread

Comment

Hi

hope you like it...i'm sorry but i've already replaced one blood particle as its distinct shape looked obvious.

ill post the new one maybe on this friday, after i do some testing.

also worked on the blood effect a little last night, trying to slow the blood from falling flat, and making it more full but not gross.
                //blood shower when hitting the enemies
                effect TE_BLOOD
                count 1
                type blood
                tex 16 23
                size 2 4
                alpha 100 384 192
                bounce -1
                airfriction 8
                liquidfriction 4
                velocityjitter 128 128 128
                velocitymultiplier 1

from effectinfo.txt

regards

Sean

Comment

Nexuiz and Xonotic is my loves !!

Thank you a lot, I will add this to my maps and to the particles folder soon I hope )))))
                  Last edited by LordCortcha; 06-24-2012, 08:16 AM.

Comment

Working...
                  X