2007 - The Music Scene

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2007 - The Music Scene

So how has the 2007 music scene been? Any good CDs you've gotten so far? Anything you're looking forward to? Any concerts you've been to??

For me, some good albums have been released this year:

Evan's Blue - The Pursuit Begins When This Portrayal of Life Ends -- an awsome CD, much better than their first, and their first was pretty darn good!

Linkin Park - Minutes to Midnight -- much different than their first few albums but definately decent.

Smashing Pumpkins - Zeitgeist -- was looking forward to this one but was disappointed. The single was released and it sounded like the old Pumpkins from the Gish years but the rest of the album pretty much sucked as usual.

Finger Eleven - Them vs. Me vs You -- great CD. I love this band.

----

Looking forward to:

Alter Bridge - Blackbird -- can't wait for this. they are definately my fav band

Foo Fighters new album -- the single The Pretender is pretty cool

There's lots more that I'm just not thinking of.. I'm sure I'll post more later...

I agree about Evan's Blue's CD. Very badass, and I prefer it over the first album.

I got Chevelle's CD, "Vena Sera", but I really wasn't impressed by it. I also got Mudvayne's "The End of All Things to Come", but I really haven't gotten into it (still digging one of their previous albums, "Lost and Found").

Great White just released a new CD, but I haven't gotten ahold of it yet. Same goes for Puddle of Mudd's new CD.

I've heard that Bon Jovi's new CD is amazing.

Probably the best CD I've gotten from this year, though, is Fall Out Boy's "Infinity on High". I decided to try them out recently and was really suprised - there aren't any songs on the album I hate/don't like.

I'm still excited about going to Bayfest in October. They only have a handful of bands they've announced but they include Ludacris, Boys II Men, Alice in Chains, Velvet Revolver, and Chris Daughtry. I'm hoping they announce a band I'm really into - last year I went just to see Shinedown and got into a bunch of bands like 10 Years, Hinder, and Andre & the Night Hounds

Comment

There's a lot of good music out there now, but they aren't popular. Popular music has gone down hill IMHO.

Comment

Behemoth - The Apostasy was a bit of a let down after Demigod.

Novembers Doom - The Novella Reservoir from what I have heard of it is pretty good, the new Arch Enemy - Rise of the Tyrant though not quite yet released *ahem* has some very strong elements to it, though many tracks aren't quite memorable sadly.

Nile has a new album out, though I'm yet to hear anything from it, it is Nile and they are absolutely awesome. Always worth checking out if you have a good and quick ear to appreciate their work.

Devin Townsend - Ziltoid the Omniscient is something I am looking forward to, being one of the few composers out there who is legitimately progressive beyond the boundaries of his starting genres, and not afraid of a little humor.

Plenty more, don't feel like typing more. Supposedly Opeth might have a new album out this year which would be amazing but I wouldn't be surprised if its not until 2008.
        Inside3d - Because you can't be Outside 3D!

Comment

Originally posted by scar3crow View Post
          Devin Townsend - Ziltoid the Omniscient is something I am looking forward to, being one of the few composers out there who is legitimately progressive beyond the boundaries of his starting genres, and not afraid of a little humor.
          Looking forward to? It's out for ages! And it's one of the most awesome metal albums I know. Just bought it some days ago on eBay and I am eagerly waiting to hold the real copy in my hands (and listen to the bonus tracks).

The cover sums it up so nicely:
          Quake 1 Singleplayer Maps and Mods

Comment

The new Nile album is superb, full of the bombastic infantile literacy that Nile excell at. Definately get's my vote in the battle of the skullets, DT is brilliant but his post SYL stuff is just way too chirpy.
            EDIT:
            Blatantly forgot to mention The Berzerkers awesome Animosity, brutal cyborg death-grind. "Something so scary it will clear 300 square miles of every living christian soul."
            Last edited by Senban; 08-21-2007, 09:32 AM.
            Qoetia B4 == 1.93Mb

Expo Booth '08
            !AXATAXA! == 355.24 Kb Want to take on Quake with only your axe?
            Hunting shamblers since 1996.

Comment

Spirit - I can look forward to something I don't have.
              Inside3d - Because you can't be Outside 3D!

Comment

i personally miss outkast. they havent released a killer album for a while, ever since the "Hey Ya" craze died out 2 years ago and they made that godamn movie. As for me, i like lame pop music, so often if theres a really popular song i will get to like it too, from hearing it on the radio so much; so i wont burden you guys will saying what ive liked lately

Comment

^ lol, lame-o.

Comment

I liked SYL back in my angry teenager/early 20s days, especially the self titled album in the post 9-11 era. Behemoth always bored the hell out of me, save 3-4 songs that were absolutely brilliant. I'm more into melodious styles--Scar Symmetry's 2005 was pretty innovative, though I heard the 2006 was hit or miss with many people.

Haven't listened to much in the last few years but Oceansize seems like decent Rock.

Comment

Originally posted by Solecord View Post
                      ^ lol, lame-o.
                      This coming from a Creed fanboy

Comment

Creed > you

Comment

bloc party - a weekend in the city = fantastic, 9/10
                          modest mouse - we were dead... = fantastic, 10/10
                          matthew good - hospital music = not bad, not great 7/10
                          the national - boxer = really good 8/10
                          peter bjorn and john - writer's block = pretty good 7/10
                          gogol bordello - super taranta = uhm, interesting. 7/10
                          against me! - new wave = disappointing, great band that keeps getting worse 4/10
                          mad caddies - keep it going = good, 6.5/10
                          interpol - our love to admire = disappointing, 5/10
                          queens of the stone age - era vulgaris = overrated, 4/10
                          white stripes - icky thump = pretty good, 7
                          big d and the kids table - strictly rude = great, 8.5/10
                          the shins - wincing the night away = good, 7/10
                          neil young - live at messey hall = good, 7.5/10

favourite song not by modest mouse this year is easily: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D8oM_-K9rXY
                          Last edited by lennon; 09-14-2007, 11:13 PM.

Comment

Wow, just got new Foo Fighters CD... amazing disc! I'm not a huge fan of the Foos but this CD is simply excellent. Best of the year so far in my book. Definately check it out.

Comment

Working...
                            X