ZDaemon Speech (again)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Monster
    i don't like the newer engines that enable mouselook. It just ruins the feel of the game, and the way the game was meant to be played. It is kind of like Quake with the grappling hook.
    Mouselook has been with Quake since forever.

Comment

Originally posted by CheapAlert
      Mouselook has been with Quake since forever.
      You know he's talking about Doom and not Quake right?

Comment

Duh. The mouselook can be disabled.

Or you just can go play on a classic server.

Comment

Todd Hollenshead is now aware of the Zdaemon getwad issues.

Comment

I wonder what will happen. I think Megazoid noticed that last year.

I never tried ZDaemon. I went by what 3 or 4 other ppl said.

I did check out there forum and noticed some guy that worked on the project had got banned from his own forum or something like that.

Seemed to have a lot of "drama" there.
            Quakeone.com - Being exactly one-half good and one-half evil has advantages. When a portal opens to the antimatter universe, my opposite is just me with a goatee.

So while you guys all have to fight your anti-matter counterparts, me and my evil twin will be drinking a beer laughing at you guys ...

Comment

Originally posted by Baker
              Does Darkplace's server browser display all the (Net)Quake servers? It is my understanding that DP only is aware of DP servers, at least on the NQ side, but I haven't checked it in a long time.

I figure DP uses whatever EZQuake uses to detect QW servers.
              DarkPlaces uses master servers (like QW), so unless a NQ server sends heartbeats to the masterserver it won't get picked up. All the old NQ server browsers (gamespy, gameaholic, ironman) used weird methods, like gathering from various web pages.

Comment

I noticed something?

Yeah, I was quite amazed that ZDaemon automatically searched for Doom Wads. ZDaemon, with built in warez searching - what could possibly go wrong?

That is the whole problem with trying to dumb down Quake & Doom installation, and trying to introduce new people to these games, is that people can not get their heads around the fact that they are both commercial games. What....? I have to PAY for a 10 year old game??? F*CK THAT!!!

Perhaps people like CheapAlert can come up with an acceptable open sores alternative to Quake, or perhaps ID will release it as freeware at some point.
                Quaketerminus.com Quake files & links

Comment

there's openquartz and freedoom but the usual newbie mentality discards them as "gay"

Comment

but the usual newbie mentality discards them as "gay"
                    Whereas you recycle them calling them "crap" and attempting to make something with them!
                    Inside3d - Because you can't be Outside 3D!

Comment

From http://www.zdaemon.org Main page

Clarification: If you install and use any kind of cheat for the purpose of watching someone else to see if they cheat, you yourself will still be considered a cheater. If you join any server while using any type of cheat YOU WILL BE BANNED. It does not matter what your reason is for doing so. We will accept NO EXCUSES.

lol

isn't there always a way that someone will just break the damn engine?

Comment

Working...
                      X