Best vid card for...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

thanks guys.
    "When I was your age, we used to rocket jump all the way to school, up hill both ways - IN BOILING LAVA!"

Comment

Originally posted by MH View Post
      Well the OP listed Rage as one of the games he wants to run so I believe it's relevant.
      Relevant,but I'm doubting fault lays entirely with AMD.
      Want to get into playing Quake again? Click here for the Multiplayer-Startup kit! laissez bon temps rouler!

Comment

Originally posted by rev View Post
        as soon as i saw i only had a 250w psu i knew i'd have to replace that.

so no issues with having an AMD processor and using an NVIDIA card?
        Absolutely not. Have an AMD CPU and my motherboard sports an Nvidia chipset, and I've used both AMD and Nvidia cards on it.
        e|------------------------0---------------
        B|---------------0^1----------------1----
        G|---------------2------2------0^2-------
        D|---------------2-------2--2-------------
        A|---------------0------------------------
        E|----------------------------------------

Comment

Originally posted by Mindf!3ldzX View Post
          Relevant,but I'm doubting fault lays entirely with AMD.
          Remember, MH is not advocating OPENGL over DIRECTX as his current coding project is DIRECT X 9 version of Quake! He's saying that Rage works better on nVidia cards due to the "once again" ATI drivers not holding it's weight for openGL support. AMD/ATI has relations with MicroSoft for the xbox so their R&D team takes DirectX priority one; openGL gets second fiddle.
          Last edited by R00k; 11-22-2011, 10:31 AM.
          www.quakeone.com/qrack | www.quakeone.com/cax| http://en.twitch.tv/sputnikutah

Comment

Nice find Mindzx. Just what I've been looking for!

Comment

Originally posted by R00k View Post
              Remember, MH is not advocating OPENGL over DIRECTX as his current coding project is DIRECT X 9 version of Quake! He's saying that Rage works better on nVidia cards due to the "once again" ATI drivers not holding it's weight for openGL support. AMD/ATI has relations with MicroSoft for the xbox so their R&D team takes DirectX priority one; openGL gets second fiddle.
              In the normal run of things I favour D3D; in cases where OpenGL is important for end-users I favour NVIDIA; in cases where OpenGL is important for developers I favour Intel or AMD. Think that about sums it up.

I notice too that the recent AMD 11.11a driver update has resolved all issues with Rage, so my objections to AMD for the purposes of this thread can be considered gone.
              IT LIVES! http://directq.blogspot.com/

Comment

Working...
              X