Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by powerzord View Post
    Ur gaming pc should not be used for browsing the net
    They need to make a browser that runs in its own virtual machine. The malware that some browser exploit "installed" ends up in magical "la la" land of fake memory or disk space that never truly existed.
    Quakeone.com - Being exactly one-half good and one-half evil has advantages. When a portal opens to the antimatter universe, my opposite is just me with a goatee.

So while you guys all have to fight your anti-matter counterparts, me and my evil twin will be drinking a beer laughing at you guys ...

Comment

Avast has sandbox support sort of the same thing.
      Want to get into playing Quake again? Click here for the Multiplayer-Startup kit! laissez bon temps rouler!

Comment

Originally posted by grave_digga View Post
        Quake 4 works on Win 7 64Bit. I needed about 1 minute to find out how. Copy the content of the Q4 CD to your HDD and run the installer from there. That's all. Well, if that is going over your computer skills then use XP 32Bit instead.
        What do you think I did?

Comment

Originally posted by Grim Warlock View Post
          What do you think I did?
          Something wrong, otherwise it would work.

Comment

I can tell you what you did wrong, you just told me to copy the whole CD to my hard drive to play it when you're meant to run the setup to install it properly.

Comment

Upgraded to win7 64 bit over a year ago, the only problem I've had is the lack of IPX support, but I found a "fake" IPX for games so I basically have no reason to go back to XP. I even have XP on a computer with almost the same specs next to me and it just runs slower (though still fast) then my win7 machine does

Comment

Is there an ignore list here somewhere?

Comment

Is there an ignore list here somewhere?
                  yeah of course.

just open the profile of the person you wanna add to ignore list,
                  and then on their profile right below the users profile pic,
                  click the button 'user lists' and then 'add to ignore list'

ive done that to grim ages ago
                  are you curious about what all there is out there in terms of HD content for quake?
                  > then make sure to check out my 'definitive' HD replacement content thread! <
                  everything that is out there for quake and both mission-packs, compiled into one massive thread

Comment

I recently built a new computer:
                    core i5-2500k
                    nvidia 560ti
                    16gb RAM
                    Win7 64bit

I have not had a single issue with this build or OS. If you're building a new computer, I totally recommend going the 64bit route. Nearly all new computers are 64bit - 32bit is finally starting to see the back burner. If nothing else, the ability to address so much more RAM is worth it.

I agree with pretty much everything MH said (except for the part about 64bit being mainstream since XP64 =) )

Comment

Originally posted by Grim Warlock View Post
                      I can tell you what you did wrong, you just told me to copy the whole CD to my hard drive to play it when you're meant to run the setup to install it properly.
                      Please stop lying. Or if you misread something, don't be so agressive about it. Just admit you got it wrong and move on.

Quake 4 works on Win 7 64Bit. I needed about 1 minute to find out how. Copy the content of the Q4 CD to your HDD AND RUN THE INSTALLER FROM THERE. That's all. Well, if that is going over your computer skills then use XP 32Bit instead.
                      (My emphasis).
                      IT LIVES! http://directq.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Tremor View Post
                        I recently built a new computer:
                        core i5-2500k
                        nvidia 560ti
                        16gb RAM
                        Win7 64bit

I have not had a single issue with this build or OS. If you're building a new computer, I totally recommend going the 64bit route. Nearly all new computers are 64bit - 32bit is finally starting to see the back burner. If nothing else, the ability to address so much more RAM is worth it.

I agree with pretty much everything MH said (except for the part about 64bit being mainstream since XP64 =) )
                        I am already 2 years into this current Windows 7 32bit install, and I've been trying to justify losing a 200gb Windows installation for starting over with 64bit Windows.

I noticed that no one really mentioned anything that justified some awesome performance feature that warrants the FDISK & Reloading.

This however will be my last 32bit Windows install,from here on out it will be 64bit.

The memorly limit in 32bit has my system using the left over 1GB of memory for my video memory, wtf? Horrible, my video memory is DDR5 and the system memory is DDR3. That must be bad

ATI Radeon HD 5700 Series
                        Total available graphics memory 3327 MB
                        Dedicated graphics memory 2048 MB

Aside from Windows donating my unused memory to my vram total. HEH, 64bit Windows would alleviate that problem Im presuming.
                        Want to get into playing Quake again? Click here for the Multiplayer-Startup kit! laissez bon temps rouler!

Comment

What r u losing, just reinstall your shit, after u get your shit
                          Running, I prefer win xp pro though for the mouse movemt ,
                          Just my graphics and system too high tech , so. I have xp and 7 in
                          Diff comps

Comment

Originally posted by powerzord View Post
                            What r u losing, just reinstall your shit, after u get your shit
                            Running, I prefer win xp pro though for the mouse movemt ,
                            Just my graphics and system too high tech , so. I have xp and 7 in
                            Diff comps
                            The mouse movement should be identical across both systems...you probably have mouse acceleration enabled in one and disabled in the other (disabled is preferred).
                            www.youtube.com/user/KillPixel

Comment

Originally posted by MH View Post
                              Please stop lying. Or if you misread something, don't be so agressive about it. Just admit you got it wrong and move on.

(My emphasis).
                              Yes I misread it, got a problem with that buddy? You can't tell my emotions over the internet, please stop lying. Anyway that's still wrong, you don't copy it on to the PC to install it you install it from the CD. Either way I've already tried that (and everything else) and it didn't work.

Comment

Working...
                              X