Nexuiz

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nexuiz

so i thought that Nexuiz was a tcm made by lord havoc that he built DP for? just saw it on steam for pre purchase using cry engine 3.. is he still the developer for this or did he sell it to a company? just wondering

i unno. i saw it too on steam a few times yes

i think they might just coincentially have the same name.

cuz the nexuiz you mean is indeed the name for the darkplaces version for mac.

so i think most likely the two might just share the same name?
    are you curious about what all there is out there in terms of HD content for quake?
    > then make sure to check out my 'definitive' HD replacement content thread! <
    everything that is out there for quake and both mission-packs, compiled into one massive thread

Comment

NEXUIZ WAS SOLD / ETC. It was horrible, just google it brah...

FAQ | Xonotic
      Originally posted by Xonotic.org
      Lee Vermeulen, the Nexuiz project founder, decided to license the Nexuiz code (with LordHavoc licensing the Darkplaces engine) to a new game development company named Illfonic so that they could develop a closed-source version for the PS3. As part of this deal, IllFonic acquired the rights to use the name Nexuiz along with the domain nexuiz.com, and are under no obligation to contribute code back to the open-source Nexuiz project (and have stated that they have no intention of doing so).

When this was announced, the response from the Nexuiz community was overwhelming negative, even among the development team and main contributors. Vermeulen had not actively participated in the project for several years and all development had been done by the community. Most members have expressed a sense of betrayal and cited the project as an example of mushroom management. Vermeulen essentially cashed in on the hard work of others and sold the code, name and reputation that they had built up over years without him.
      Want to get into playing Quake again? Click here for the Multiplayer-Startup kit! laissez bon temps rouler!

Comment

wow... just wow....

thats low of the founder of nexuiz, to just do that and practially cashing in on others work.
        are you curious about what all there is out there in terms of HD content for quake?
        > then make sure to check out my 'definitive' HD replacement content thread! <
        everything that is out there for quake and both mission-packs, compiled into one massive thread

Comment

http://www.facebook.com/lee.vermeulen , If you was wondering,I dug around the internet , and this is what the fn deuce bag looks like
          Want to get into playing Quake again? Click here for the Multiplayer-Startup kit! laissez bon temps rouler!

Comment

Seems like you are rather bad at digging around the internet. The Vermeulen you blindly linked here is from Wisconsin, while the one you hate is from Canada...
            Quake 1 Singleplayer Maps and Mods

Comment

lame. though, maybe LH will have time to release another official build...being that the last one is nearly a year old.

I'm still buying nexuiz though, looks awesome.
              www.youtube.com/user/KillPixel

Comment

I used to play Nexuiz pretty frequently. I enjoyed it more than quake3 for sure. I don't think it was trash at all. In fact, the CTF maps were fantastic. I figure the quake CTF community would benefit greatly from taking a few cues from Nexuiz (hint: convert nexuiz maps to quake)

Anyway, it was sold, but some of the Nexuiz guys split off into another community. They took most of the source and created a game called Xonotic, which is essentially the exact same as Nexuiz with upgraded skins/weapons/models/maps.

Xonotic is free.

http://www.xonotic.org/media/video-gallery/

Comment

Originally posted by Tremor View Post
                  Xonotic is free.

Xonotic is divVerent

Comment

Originally posted by Spirit View Post
                    Seems like you are rather bad at digging around the internet. The Vermeulen you blindly linked here is from Wisconsin, while the one you hate is from Canada...

Uhhh...

Programmer at Alientrap
                    Studied Computer Science at University of Saskatchewan
                    Lives in Saskatoon, Saskatchewan
                    Male

http://www.facebook.com/lee.vermeulen

The guy's fn canadian yes, I linked the appropriate person.

Comment

good grief. i might check out Xonotic sometime tho

Comment

Working...
                      X