The Angry Quakers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Zop View Post
    So, trolling is good for the social environment?
    If we are trolling a bunch of little pouty wiener dudes, absolutely.

Look, from the social aspect, think of Monster. And his future. Who are his role models? Can we help him? Can we possibly go back in time and make slight changes to provide him a better future. Are you willing to make that sacrifices? [Say no and you are dick, btw. And if you say I stole that from Quantum Leap, what would Jesus say? But that is between you and Jesus. And I'm staying out of it.]

These are the things we need to know. These are the questions before us.

Now, Zop, the important question is this ... can we put aside our differences for the common good?

And see ... even if your answer is "No", my answer is "Yes! Yes we can".

Don't say I stole that from Obama. That is a settled matter and in my opinion he clearly stole that idea from me. The important aspect is, this is a settled matter. Mmmmkay?

[This is all called "humor". Something the Quake community has been sorely lacking in lately. Mostly because we have ceded this community to pouty little squirreled-sacked jerkwads. So far, none of these negative entities have passed the "nut up or shut up litmus test".]
    Quakeone.com - Being exactly one-half good and one-half evil has advantages. When a portal opens to the antimatter universe, my opposite is just me with a goatee.

So while you guys all have to fight your anti-matter counterparts, me and my evil twin will be drinking a beer laughing at you guys ...

Comment

Don't boo, Vote!
      www.quakeone.com/qrack | www.quakeone.com/cax| http://en.twitch.tv/sputnikutah

Comment

Not directly pointed at you baker, just stating the angry persons sit behind a desk and finger others. Miserable life, obviously need to get laid.

Comment

Originally posted by wicked_lord View Post
          just stating the angry persons ... obviously need to get laid.
          I am certainly not someone to disagree with your insight.

That being said, of these exceptionally angry Quaker that some people say lurk the forums ... why have their been 18 posts and no word from any of the ... ahem ... "Quakers" (Rage-quitters, unsocial-able players, whatever you call them).

The short version goes like this: it's bald-face cowardice.

Now, before someone says "This is obvious troll thread" like Zop already pointed out --- and it clearly is --- but why are these people unable to back up their beliefs and my point here is specifically to emphasize the festering cowardice.

/Enough said. For now ...
          Quakeone.com - Being exactly one-half good and one-half evil has advantages. When a portal opens to the antimatter universe, my opposite is just me with a goatee.

So while you guys all have to fight your anti-matter counterparts, me and my evil twin will be drinking a beer laughing at you guys ...

Comment

But I'm an unusually smart one, considering my origins.
            Baker, I value your enthusiasm and everything, and I hate to point this out to you, but this really is hard to read with a straight face. Will you not stop it?

Baker talking is now a news item? Please.
            Scout's Journey
            Rune of Earth Magic

Comment

Hee heee,
              You just need some patience GB,bait presentation is key.It needs to appear weak,tender and juicy.
              WARNING
              May be too intense for some viewers.
              Stress Relief Device
              ....BANG HEAD HERE....
              ---------------------------
              .--------------------------

Comment

Hi

@Baker

For me the anger is like the pain, it doesn't last

The Raven

Once upon a midnight dreary, while I pondered weak and weary,
                Over many a quaint and curious volume of forgotten lore,
                While I nodded, nearly napping, suddenly there came a tapping,
                As of some one gently rapping, rapping at my chamber door.
                `'Tis some visitor,' I muttered, `tapping at my chamber door -
                Only this, and nothing more.'

Edgar Allan Poe: The Raven

One shot of this old dark knight, for all those quakers that I like.

Peace,

Sean

Comment

glad this was made. was getting tired of all the anger and frustration over little things.
                  My Avatars!
                  Quake Leagues
                  Quake 1.5!!!
                  Definitive HD Quake

Comment

Originally posted by golden_boy View Post
                    this really is hard to read with a straight face.
                    You've been around here and often been a critic of how childish some of the American NetQuake players are. And our community is so small. You never see this kind of corrosive attitude that sometimes surfaces in, say, the European Quakeworld community. This is a rather American thing.

It is absolutely amazing how self-destructive, bitter a small, but vocal, part of our player base is. Like a whole bunch of little angry festering pus-monsters.

Especially for such a really small community.

And these people think they are "normal". And the world is going to cater to their wants. It's insane. Some of these people could set the world-record for magnitude of being a loser.

And what's funny is there are some people like Monster, who actually look up to them. A "monkey see, monkey do" thing.

Will you not stop it?

Baker talking is now a news item? Please.
                    Here in a few hours, I'll turn it into a regular thread. I think 5-6 more hours. But this is an issue that needs to be addressed and we keep ducking it.

You've seen this problem in our community over the years. You know we have this issue. Other communities know we have this issue.
                    Last edited by Baker; 09-06-2012, 10:09 AM.

Comment

Yes, I'm aware of the problem, Baker.
                      Scout's Journey
                      Rune of Earth Magic

Comment

Yes, I'm aware of the problem, Baker.
                        Ignore problem, problem just goes away right?

And you don't need to answer to that, obviously. I'm not trying to draw you into this. I'm explaining that without looking a problem in the eye, nothing will change.

Comment

None of it makes any sense whatsoever. I condensed a wall of text into these two sentences.

Your Welcome,
                          Mindz
                          Want to get into playing Quake again? Click here for the Multiplayer-Startup kit! laissez bon temps rouler!

Comment

"Anger is an energy"

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jPj-8_wOZcA]Public Image Ltd - Rise - YouTube[/ame]

It's what you do with the energy that matters. You can do positive constructive stuff with it - "I'm pissed off with this situation and want to make it better" - or you can channel it negatively in bitching, moaning and generally bringing other people down. The trick is to learn how to do the former, and that's something that we can spend an entire lifetime at.

It's not anger that's the real problem, it's hate. Hate of something because it's different, hate of something because it challenges your assumptions, hate of something because someone did what they wanted rather than what you wanted, hate of something because it conflicts with what you've been brought up to believe, hate of something because you want to be one of what you perceive as the cool kids, hate of something because hating is what you do.

Anger can be turned and made positive, hate cannot.
                            Last edited by MH; 09-06-2012, 11:30 AM.
                            IT LIVES! http://directq.blogspot.com/

Comment

Baker: You are misinterpreting me. I was criticizing _how_ you are doing this. Let's take it to PM if necessary.
                              Scout's Journey
                              Rune of Earth Magic

Comment

Baker: You are misinterpreting me. I was criticizing _how_ you are doing this. Let's take it to PM if necessary.
                                I make an ass out of myself a lot. And I do unconventional things frequently and I sometimes I see gasoline and I have a match and I think "Why not do the opposite of common sense here and see what happens!".

That's just me. People judge you by your intentions, ultimately. And my intentions are in every way the right ones.

Originally posted by MH View Post
                                It's not anger that's the real problem, it's hate. Hate of something because it's different, hate of something because it challenges your assumptions, hate of something because someone did what they wanted rather than what you wanted, hate of something because it conflicts with what you've been brought up to believe, hate of something because you want to be one of what you perceive as the cool kids, hate of something because hating is what you do.

Anger can be turned and made positive, hate cannot.
                                I'll be damned. That's some brilliant analysis.

I don't usually talk about this kind of thing ... but here we go ... I used to have --- well --- there is no "good" way to say this --- I had a very confrontational personality at times. On a dare to prove someone wrong, I got anger management counselling.

Holy hell! Surprisingly, it was awesome. And I *never* saw the negative consequences and how had I let other people control me. It was amazing.

So when I see <insert someone fuming in real life or on internet> I kind of think "Sheesh, what a lack of self-control. You let other people push all your buttons." When I interact with these people, I patiently try to get them to think and use their head.
                                Last edited by Baker; 09-06-2012, 01:02 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X