X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mindf!3ldzX View Post
    http://quakeone.com/forums/quake-tal...tml#post109016

TRUUUUUUUUUCK

Now that you've directly joined the post, what jollies do you get out of being a nay-sayer?
    I wish there would be another surge in Quake activity, but I just don't see it happening. I just say what I think. I don't get any jollies out of it.
    e|------------------------0---------------
    B|---------------0^1----------------1----
    G|---------------2------2------0^2-------
    D|---------------2-------2--2-------------
    A|---------------0------------------------
    E|----------------------------------------

Comment

My ignore list was created when there used to be excessive trolling at this forum. Most people on it don't post atm, and those who do post and are on my list have earned the honour at some point.

It's a traditional means (since usenet or even older) to keep your environment more palatable to yourself while not directly banning others.

Mind you, I also think mods should have zero problem with permabanning trolls. On other forums I visit, when you're banned you're banned and everybody knows it. It really works in keeping the noise level down. If this means banning 50% of the remaining community, then hell yeah, I wouldn't think twice about it. It doesn't work here though because no one wants to hurt anybody out of fear over losing players.

The smaller a community, the harder it is to deal with trolls because they're at the same time players and no one wants to lose players. Catch-22. How that problem can be solved, I don't know.
      Scout's Journey
      Rune of Earth Magic

Comment

mutes based on IP. Duh,Winning.
        Want to get into playing Quake again? Click here for the Multiplayer-Startup kit! laissez bon temps rouler!

Comment

All of a sudden, Henry scrounger turns up!

I felt the urge to add some 'background' on the glorious waste of DNA that is, Pitbull. But with respect to Baker et all, I felt it may derail/hijack the thread.
          So instead I'll just pick out a few relevant points from my dreadfully long ramble that I prepared earlier.

But first of all; Yay Mindf!3ldzX, avatar bloke!
          I was there sharing your Pit experience the other day

"About 350 years ago Pit was a 'bot user'. In my book anyone pursuing this is lower than whale shit and should have his eyes scooped out with a rusty spoon dipped in habanero sauce."

"There's a common misconception that he is a 'player'. He is not. And never has been. Ever since he stopped 'botting' all he does is camp, whine for quad, bully vote for roughly 4 maps and badmouthing ppl thinking he's witty and 'winding people up' for fun. This has been going on for maybe.. 10years?"

"He REALLY does act like a petulant 9 year old"

"In all fairness, for many years, I have honestly believed he has real mental issues. No-one could be like that for so many years for the fun of it.. unless maybe you have an IQ of a small sack of rodents. Voles maybe?"

So apologies if some of that sounds harsh, esp. presuming his mental state.
          I'm sure my fellow Euro Quakers are aware I toned it down a little (Compared to how angry I got with him many years ago anyway)
          I don't think we should be too angry (easier said than done I'm sure) but he really is a part of the old 'furniture' of the server. Even if I feel like wrenching off his digits with a claw hammer some days. If he thinks he's special, maybe we should placate that. Apparently he's married, spawned offspring and has opposable thumbs...! that frightens the love juice out of me.
          The horror! the horror!

~H
          Last edited by Sir Henry; 09-09-2012, 01:36 PM. Reason: **lolz 6 years and 18 posts. Proud to be part of the community :)
          "If I had all the money I'd spent on drink, I'd spend it on drink" - Sir Henry of Rawlinson End

LastFM - [Noise]

Comment

Well done sir (no sarcasm intended!) I salute you

One has to admire that much restraint given the years of provocation

Kr's
            Monty
            Last edited by Mr.Burns; 09-10-2012, 04:55 AM.
            Mr.Burns
            "Helping to keep this community friendly, helpful, and clean of spammers since 2006"
            WWW: Quake Terminus , QuakeVoid You Tube: QuakeVoid
            Servers: Quake.shmack.net, damage.servequake.com

News: JCR's excellent ctsj_jcr map is being ported to OOT

Comment

I had been away from online quake since 10 years now... can anyone explain what an angry Quaker is?
              Contradiction is truth. Fear is freedom. Rights are privileges. Job is a commodity. Ignorance is strength.

Comment

Hi Ezze,

From what I can gather it's really just as the name suggests, a Quake player that appears to be so angry for some reason that they may lose control and "vent their spleans" as it were. Baker summarised this quite nicely in post 1 of this thread.

Hope this helps

Monty
                Mr.Burns
                "Helping to keep this community friendly, helpful, and clean of spammers since 2006"
                WWW: Quake Terminus , QuakeVoid You Tube: QuakeVoid
                Servers: Quake.shmack.net, damage.servequake.com

News: JCR's excellent ctsj_jcr map is being ported to OOT

Comment

So? What is the point?
                  Contradiction is truth. Fear is freedom. Rights are privileges. Job is a commodity. Ignorance is strength.

Comment

the point is bad anger=problems!
                    My Avatars!
                    Quake Leagues
                    Quake 1.5!!!
                    Definitive HD Quake

Comment

blaze..the end
                      Rambo[RuM]
                      I support:
                      Quakeone.com ..... of Course!
                      Qrack - Thank You r00k
                      Yayo Industries - Thank you frenzy
                      Zero CTF - Thanks mono

Comment

Originally posted by Baker
                        P.S. Now look, seriously you choose (notice the word choose) to live in a city known for violent crime. I wouldn't choose to live in New Orleans, but if I did I'd be armed. You do realize part of being a superior species is that humans get to use their brain and choose where to live. It wouldn't be me in the ambulance, I'm just saying ... why do you live there? I'd be as likely to move to New Orleans or Memphis or Detroit as move to Afghanistan.
                        Because you don't know what the hell you are talking about. It's not like every square inch of this city is crawling with murderers. It's a very nice place to live as long as you don't move into the projects or go walking around in the dark parts of the Quarter looking like a tourist.

Get a clue man. Every metropolis has it's problems with crime, but it isn't like the entire city is "inner-city". Go to the Lower Garden District and tell me how threatened you feel. It's gorgeous. Historical architecture, gigantic gardens, parks all over the place..

Oh noos, some harmless kids are playing in the leaves. Run for your life! (lol, that house is actually right around the corner from my last one). That's a corner of the life threatening Coliseum Dog Park. Right behind the camera-person is a gigantic, maintained, working fountain. Your biggest concern (which is very very rare) is stepping in dog shit.

This is obviously a crackhouse

So much of the city looks like this that it is unreal. I'm not saying that there is no dilapidation, crime or other problems. I'm saying that this place is nothing like you seem to believe it is.

My city is rich in history, pride & culture. We invented Second Line Jazz and the drum-kit. That's right, you can thank New Orleans for the invention of drums as modern music knows them. We throw the biggest party in the world...it's called Mardi Gras. It doesn't take up a block or a street. It spans 5 cities (Metairie, Chalmette, New Orleans, Slidell & Gretna - there is an entire river and a lake separating some of this) and lasts 2 weeks. And even though there are thousands of people on the streets, the entire 2 week affair creates less crime then when it isn't Mardi Gras. We are considered to have the best food in the entire world. We have one of the most important ports in the entire nation. I'm not sure exactly where you are but you would possibly live in squalor if it wasn't for New Orleans. You (depending on location) would have nothing, no gas, food, furniture, nothing....nothing imported anyway.

Robert E Lee, PGT Beauregard, Jean Lafitte - HUMUNGOUS historical figures... did it all here. Brad Pitt, Angelina Jolie(-sp), Anne Rice and like 50 other incredibly famous people live here. We are the home of Hollywood South and some excellent movies have been (are being) filmed here, but it isn't all pretentious and fucked up like real Hollywood. This place isn't one gigantic blinking light or so exclusive that regular people can't live a normal life here. I could keep going man, I have barely scratched the surface. Why do I live here? Cause it is awesome and arguably the most famous place on the entire planet.
                        Last edited by MadGypsy; 09-06-2013, 01:24 PM.
                        http://www.nextgenquake.com

Comment

this thread is old dead and useless.

baker isnt active enough to defend his point, this thread should be locked.

( i didnt read any of the prior posts) just saying..
                          www.quakeone.com/qrack | www.quakeone.com/cax| http://en.twitch.tv/sputnikutah

Comment

He'll be back. Also there is nothing to defend. He would have to live here to make some actual point. Which actually, that is the point. He portrayed my city as some kind of murderous slum or something and he doesn't know what he's talking about. Like seriously, no clue what-so-ever.

Right there in his quote he compared my city to Afghanistan? Uh there s no military presence, war or terrorists organizations trying to overthrow our government...lol. Just retarded.

FYI, I followed some guest here and stumbled upon his whatever that was. He asked a question and I answered it.
                            http://www.nextgenquake.com

Comment

Am I an angry Quaker?

Comment

Originally posted by MadGypsy View Post
                                ... < wall of text >
                                The definition of complete and absolute defeat =

500 word reply to 1 year old post to some cursory reply I made to a knuckleheaded post.

I mean, seriously?? The definition of a man is that a man deals with adversity the way a duck lets water roll off his back, where women obsess about minutia.

Sure, I've done crazy and provocative posts and all, but the healthy alpha male with truckloads of self-esteem doesn't stew over old crap in some ancient thread.

If you see what I'm saying here ...
                                Quakeone.com - Being exactly one-half good and one-half evil has advantages. When a portal opens to the antimatter universe, my opposite is just me with a goatee.

So while you guys all have to fight your anti-matter counterparts, me and my evil twin will be drinking a beer laughing at you guys ...

Comment

Working...
                                X