No announcement yet.

A DeathRow Inmate returns to Quake1 !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Some of these guys can get fairly famous.

I was watching TLC or Discovery back in 2002 I think it was when I first started playing online. They had a documentary on guys making their living playing online games like that.

One guy made over 100g's a year just playing Golden Tee Golf the arcade game.

Another guy I think was an Unreal Tournament champion. He would go from town to town and state to state staying at players houses and pay no rent or buy food(well he probably did, but why stay at a players house?). Plus be paid big $$ for the tourneys he won. These players whose house he chose to stay at would be calling up their friends and saying 'KickassX is coming to my house to stay! The tourneys in our city and he asked if he could crash at my pad! HollEEEEE he's famuzzzzz!!!' They do seem to get to Rock Star status in some internet circles at least.

And then they'd interview these guys and the UT champ said he played 12 or 18 hours a day or some insane # of hrs and likened it to an athlete training for a match or something.

As we were watching this documentary my cousin started cracking up and saying these are the insane muthas I'm nuts enough to jump online with and try to beat at Quake.
    'My teammates are no good to me alive.' -Bank on CA.

'I'll cry when I'm done killin!' -A REAL Patriot

Clan TU

Your own... personal... Shambler
    someone to hear your prayers
    someone who cares
    your own... personal... Shambie
    someone whos there

Comment

I'll travel to your town and stay at your house, make a public appearance, sign autographs and lan quake with you for $1,000.

Comment

I'll bet you would.

Clan TU

someone who cares
        someone whos there

Comment

you'd have to pay for his flight though

edit:

Originally posted by Mindf!3ldzX View Post
          one less newb I have to bother with,that doesnt even play Quake (or rarely)
          Yea that's because 0.5% of my life revolves around Quake. I have real life commitments that have a higher priority than a game I've played since the beginning. Usual response I give to the generic newb calling me a newb: "play me on LAN or I shall keelhaul you "

BTW I'd like to thank the others such as Tical, Baker, etc who have enlightened me on what this topic was about. I have changed my mind on this guy and think that it's really cool to have him back in Quake. When I first saw this topic, I was confused that it was a real Death Row inmate. Then it just sounded like some nobody that I didn't know. I'd like to thank Tical and Baker for actually explaining it all

Mindz, next time you make a topic like this, please put more detail into it so people like me that have played more LAN than he has Online would understand
          Last edited by Canadian*Sniper; 08-29-2006, 12:03 AM.

Comment

YOu have to adjust canadian. I dont really think that you would play any better.

Comment

I would say im sorry , but im not Why would I dumb down the forum explaining what Deathrow was/is , that would just be stupid. the majoirty of the Q1 community knows what Deathrow is,thos who dont can catch on at their own pace,and when they ask stupid questions and make stupid statements like Bank about how for example DR isnt a famous clan,it just shines a big "NEWB" flashing light on your foreheads.
              and monster is right , the only thing you'll gain from a LAN ping is easier reaction timing,aim and movements wont become any better based on ping alone.we are talking about milliseconds difference,it really isnt that much of a factor.
              as for commitments, and playing since the beginning, I tend to spend my free time Quaking,its a passion of mine since I was 16. I have 2 kids,I know about commitment. I never knew a Bank or Canadian Sniper in all my years of playing Quake,and it doesnt hurt me to forget them and leave it that way. Just face up with the fact that you spend more time playing them newer newb games like MGO rather than Q1, I'm one die-hard motherfucker :x I gave my Axis-Pad PC Controller to my two kids for them to use,I dont need it.All I need is Quake,a Mouse,and a keyboard. gg

mindzy
              Want to get into playing Quake again? Click here for the Multiplayer-Startup kit! laissez bon temps rouler!

Comment

I've play some MGO lately mainly because Quake online has been sketchy as hell for me. At first I thought it was darkplaces on my new computer but now I noticed my old comp using proquake acts the same way. Until my connection works fully again, you won't see me quaking.

ps - you're not going to forget Me or Bank ;0 you talk behind our backs too much

Comment

I've probably heard of DeathRow back in the day. The "famous" clan I knew about were the Men of War (MOW) clan. Supposedly, you had to get invited to join their clan, you couldn't ask to join or they'd automatically reject you.

Of course, back then I was really crappy so I never would have gotten in. They were looking for the best players for the clan.

Comment

Well it is good to know that da5id is "back" so tooo say.

hmmm daethrow

Comment

After watching the demos it appears Bryant recorded his own demo because it focused on him mostly. Didn't anyone bother to observer and record Da5id?

Clan TU

someone who cares
                      someone whos there

Comment

Originally posted by Fuzznut View Post
                        Some of these guys can get fairly famous.

I was watching TLC or Discovery back in 2002 I think it was when I first started playing online.
                        Well this seems to be in error. According to my posts in Gamespy's PlanetQuake I was asking for help getting online with Quake sometime in '03.

Man, seems like longer than that.

Clan TU

someone who cares
                        someone whos there

Comment

Hmm... so um, WTF???

This is really an interesting interview with D15-Da5id.

Strangely enough, it's some imposter pretending to be D15-Da5id of the clan Death Row.

The reason I know this is because I'm D15-Da5id and I stopped playing Quake I shortly after we flew to Sweden to battle Clan9 in 1998.

So, WTF is up with this guy pretending to be me? It's really weird.

-Da5id

Comment

Originally posted by D15-Da5id View Post
                            This is really an interesting interview with D15-Da5id.

Strangely enough, it's some imposter pretending to be D15-Da5id of the clan Death Row.

The reason I know this is because I'm D15-Da5id and I stopped playing Quake I shortly after we flew to Sweden to battle Clan9 in 1998.

So, WTF is up with this guy pretending to be me? It's really weird.

-Da5id
                            Lag? Your post is really late... o_O

If you really are D15 you should Quake with us.
                            e|------------------------0---------------
                            B|---------------0^1----------------1----
                            G|---------------2------2------0^2-------
                            D|---------------2-------2--2-------------
                            A|---------------0------------------------
                            E|----------------------------------------

Comment

Hehe, not the first imposter that's for sure. Way too late to do anything about it now, that was September of last year, I think.

Frenzy had said he had some proof positive it was Da5id when he did the interview.

Identity theft on the internet? Who'd have thought that!
                              Quakeone.com - Being exactly one-half good and one-half evil has advantages. When a portal opens to the antimatter universe, my opposite is just me with a goatee.

So while you guys all have to fight your anti-matter counterparts, me and my evil twin will be drinking a beer laughing at you guys ...

Comment

Wow, I never saw this thread before... ...and glad I hadn't until now, sheesh.

And all over a faked interview, nice.
                                Inside3d - Because you can't be Outside 3D!

Comment

Working...
                                X