Quake Champions Interview

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DeathMaster View Post
    I thought it was because we're all sad and lonely on the inside with utter disdain for the rest of the planet and Quake was the only way we could reach catharsis without violence, right?
    I just load up Brutal Doom. Its pretty fucking violent.

Comment

Quake III Arena, and it’s free-to-play follow-up Quake Live,...
      Wait a minute... QuakeLive is free? I thought you had to pay for a subscription to something kinda like with iRacing or World of Warcraft, which is why I never got into those games either.

Dunno that I'd care much about this new Quake game. Looks like it's nothing more than reworked carbon copy of Quake3Arena. I never could really get into that one too much. It was cool at the time just because in terms of graphics it looked better than Q2. But I always had more fun playing Q2 and still do. I always liked the movement physics of Q2 better than anything else. Strafe jumping for increased speed and distance, wall strafing, etc.

Comment

Your info on QL seems outdated, but it's complicated. TLDR: Unless you already have it in your Steam library now, it costs $10 once. No subscription needed.

Long story:
        When QL came out, it had a weird browser-based launcher. To play, you could chose between 2 options:
        1) play for free but get only some maps you can play on
        2) pay subscription fee for full access ("pro account", no idea how much it was)
        At some point they made a new launcher I think, but still same payment options.

Then, they integrated it into Steam, so you could start it from there. Still same 2 payment options. So you could download and play for free on some maps, and pay subscription fee to play more maps.

Then, they ditched the subscription option and made the game $10 on steam for new players. Those who had already downloaded QL in Steam were allowed to keep their copy, no matter whether they had ever payed anything for it or not.

I don't play much and was lucky to download it early on Steam, so I never payed anything for it.
        dfsp*spirit
        my FPS maps

Comment

Yeah I'm usually playing and hopping Brutal Doom coop servers on Zandronum via Doomseeker. Usually on at least an hour some where between 10PM and 3AM nightly, but I do play other mods though.

Originally posted by Voros View Post
          I just load up Brutal Doom. Its pretty fucking violent.

Comment

Originally posted by xaGe View Post
            Yeah I'm usually playing and hopping Brutal Doom coop servers on Zandronum via Doomseeker. Usually on at least an hour some where between 10PM and 3AM nightly, but I do play other mods though.
            Haven´t you played Samsara Extra Heroes?

Comment

Working...
            X