Please clarify.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please clarify.

Please help me clarify the difference between Quakeworld and what I play here, and explain it the same way a teacher asks you to write an essay the teacher is going to grade, writing the essay in a way assuming the teacher knows absolutely nothing about the subject.

I played Mplayer, and I remember such mods like Qball, I remember playing Team Fortress also where I was able to select like either Medic, sniper, etc. Is TF still populated anywhere out there? Is there other Quakers I have yet to PWN that have not been PWN'd before?

Or am I just completely inaccurate and TF = CTF and QW is just some fallacy, (damnit Stung) that doesn't exist or noone plays it.

Quakeworld is an "internet optimized" version of Quake that was released not too long after Quake came out.

It has prediction and client side movement, automatic map/model download and basically infinite bunny hopping acceleration. The clients are pretty much techologically superior to the standard Quake clients. The way it is actually played by players does not resemble ProQuake cheat-free, full bright solid color skins are the norm, straight shaft and often solid color textures.

In North America (USA/Canada):

TeamFortress is very popular and there are probably at least 3 or 4 populated servers in the evening. There is at least one free-for-all deathmatch server that usually has 3 or 4 players at it (Nobodies Alternative) and usually has a 1 "8-playing-players capacity" Clan Arena server going.

If you want to try Quakeworld, either download a QW client (EZQuake probably is the best choice) from the http://ezquake.sourceforge.net or the Quakeworld installer at http://fquake.sourceforge.net/

I play some Quakeworld just to get away from DM3, I like FFA deathmatch.
    Quakeone.com - Being exactly one-half good and one-half evil has advantages. When a portal opens to the antimatter universe, my opposite is just me with a goatee.

So while you guys all have to fight your anti-matter counterparts, me and my evil twin will be drinking a beer laughing at you guys ...

Comment

^what he said.

Comment

ezQuake turned into fQuake , to my knowledge, fQuake is merely a super-duper-installer of ezQuake. I have already installed fQuake (ezQuake) , simply becuz those homos like tical and sh00rty kept nagging me to download it.
        rofl
        Want to get into playing Quake again? Click here for the Multiplayer-Startup kit! laissez bon temps rouler!

Comment

fQuake is also open sourced and completely legal

Comment

Prozac Custom Team Fortress - 70.77.145.111
            Pleasure and Pain Mega Team Fortress - 66.246.246.9:27501
            Amnesia Mega Team Fortress - popular server - 209.9.227.18:27502

Obviously these are all QW servers. Amnesia is usually busy any time of the day in my experience, rarely see less than 12 players or so at a time.

And yeah, QW is basically Quake but optimized when broadband was not the norm at all. Its what I played up until just a few years ago when I was on broadband and started using DP.

Originally posted by Baker
            full bright solid color skins are the norm, ... often solid color textures.
            And that is why I cant stand to watch avis of QW activities, they make it look worse than, erm, well, Im not going to name names. But dear God if you need to ugly up a 10 year old game for some framerate edge, your pc sucks. If thats not the case... well. Please, release the demos, not your avis, because it looks completely blah and your music taste isnt that good... Rant over until someone responds.
            Inside3d - Because you can't be Outside 3D!

Comment

ezquake is an engine, fquake is in easy-to-use quakeworld all-in-one installer. both rock!

oh, and I mostly play with single colors too. not because of some framerate, but because i love the aesthetics and it is easier to play with fullbright enemies.
              Quake 1 Singleplayer Maps and Mods

Comment

yes but when I visited the ezQuake website,it said it had moved ----> here, which was a fQuake website.

go figure
                Want to get into playing Quake again? Click here for the Multiplayer-Startup kit! laissez bon temps rouler!

Comment

Working...
                X