Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hi All. I'm new here, and I need Your help...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The easiest way to do this, but the equipment would not support it, would be for all the players to use DarkPlaces and launch the server in listen mode from a client and set it to a public server and then the players connect via the DarkPlaces server browser.

I don't know if hubs and switches can be used successfully with a server.

With standard Quake or ProQuake server, setting up a router with all UDP traffic port forwarded to the proper server IP and no firewall blocking ports.

But even if that worked, serving Quake off a home internet connection with multiple players is not going to be enjoyable.

It would be much better to locate a server in the region that isn't being used an connect to it. I don't know the country in question, but if it is either the USA/Canada, Europe or Brazil a server in this list (list) would work.

If in another region of the world, checking http://www.quakeservers.net for a Quakeworld server would be easier.

I've never played on a home-served Quake server over the internet where the quality of the connection was good enough to be enjoyed (might be tolerable for a 1 on 1).
    Quakeone.com - Being exactly one-half good and one-half evil has advantages. When a portal opens to the antimatter universe, my opposite is just me with a goatee.

So while you guys all have to fight your anti-matter counterparts, me and my evil twin will be drinking a beer laughing at you guys ...

Comment

Originally posted by Baker View Post
      serving Quake off a home internet connection with multiple players is not going to be enjoyable.
      that is entirely your opinion only. LAN > servers

Comment

Run Proquake with the -dedicated command line and everyone connect to that.
        Chuck

Comment

Working...
        X