good dmsp and omicron bot dm map packs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• good dmsp and omicron bot dm map packs

Anyone know any good dm map packs for use with omicron bots and dmsp2? Un-modded packs that is? I'm guessing modded dm maps won't work with these.
    Also, is ther a better Quake bot out there? Thanks.

-Legend

http://mpqarchive.pauked.com

Frogbot as well as Frikbot are better from what I know.
    Quake 1 Singleplayer Maps and Mods

Comment

Frogbot owns frikbot and omicron bot , in 2v1
      "

Comment

Does frogbot support mods and the mission packs? Does frikbot? I want to be able to play the soe dm maps and the mission pack dm maps with the new items and weapons.

-Legend

Comment

Frogbot needs waypoints. There is a huge collection by Trinca but it only works in Quakeworld engines. The netquake version of Frogbot only supports a handful of maps. But it IS very good.

Omicron supports any map, because it learns the map from the player or something like that. This means that Omicron bots will play better and better the longer you run the map. I found them quite adequate.

FrikbotX is very good, and IIRC it doesn't need waypoints.

Concerning mods, well Omicron will sure use the maps, but probably not any new weapons etc. Same with Frikbot. You normally need a dedicated bot for a certain mod if you want it to use the custom stuff.

IIRC there is one dedicated bot that can play Runequake. Quake Terminus has a list of bots, you can look there.
          Scout's Journey
          Rune of Earth Magic

Comment

Working...
          X