No announcement yet.

Which female player owns you the worst?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Frankly, I would love to do some Quake oriented death metal, be it goofy or serious it would be awesome.
    Inside3d - Because you can't be Outside 3D!

Comment

I beat Tia once or twice in a 1v1 and she beat me once or twice in a 1v1. I haven't 1v1'ed Cherrie.

I keep hearing a lot of people say Cherrie is better than Toyo and they fear her more than Toyo but I have to say the opposite. No disrespect to Cherrie because she owns, but I think Toyo is a better player than Cherrie. I think he moves around the maps a bit better than Cherrie, and uses the LG with a bit better accuracy which gives him an advantage.

Comment

I have about as much skill with the lightning gun as vomit does at cleaning floors.
        Inside3d - Because you can't be Outside 3D!

Comment

I own the LG. I mostly prefer it over RL. You people should see TICAL's SHAFT. Usually he doesn't use it though, because it pisses everyone off. He has like 100% shaft aim.

Comment

Ooh tough choice....

Tia has always been cool, but I'm now finding out that Cherrie was a member of the legendary [MoW] Men of War clan (a clan I was VERY familiar with back in the day when I was in the Angels of Death), so I dunno who to pick....

Comment

Cherrie? A member of MEN of war? Eh??!

Comment

Originally posted by Monster
                Cherrie? A member of MEN of war? Eh??!
                Monst, don't EVER insult the Men of War. They were the #1 clan for the longest.

Comment

I meant that she is a woMAN, not a man. How can she be in MEN of war?

Comment

While MOW was a mostly male-dominated clan, there were two female members, myself and Sis (wife of Bro). I was with MOW for quite a while and still consider it the best Clan community I've ever been in. We just meshed well as a group and had a lot of fun together.

While I appreciate that some of you are more threatened by me than Toyo, that tells me you haven't played with him enough. He is, by far, a better Quake player than I. Sixty-percent of the time we play together he straight out owns me, the remaining forty percent of the time I can either keep up, or on rare occasions actually beat him.

Tia and I have 1v1 several times, I believe the last time she beat me. I don't play Quake as much these days as I did in years past, and it certainly isn't crucial that I "own" persay, although I do enjoy those occasions when I do. I am mostly out there just to have a good time and do my part to keep the game alive.

I appreciate all the compliments I've received in this thread, but do not be afraid to play with me, I am just there to enjoy the game I've loved for years.

Comment

Yes. We must have 1-1. Soon.

Comment

Let's see, how should I begin this.

Let's just say that I admit that I am better then Cherrie. She is a great player but however lacks some finesse and tactics.

As for female players also Vixen or PeaPod (forgot her exact name) were also very good, too bad they are not playing anymore.

While it is true I beat PenDragon and Steve in 1on1s, they sometimes beat me in FFA. I haven't figured out why yet. They are somehow able to cover distances way faster then me (and kill people in the process), and I am more slow and tactical.

I can beat Quazy maybe in RuneQuake, but in straight DM he beats me.

Now about Toyo, he is a great player as well. He is very calculated, and often times I lose to him in FFA by a few points. I haven't 1on1 him so I don't know who would beat who. It could go either way. He is a very balanced player and uses runes very well. Me, on the other hand I tend to stick to strong runes, and don't use all the runes as well as he does. I once fought him 1on1 for a brief time, and he caught and trapped me many times with various trap runes. He is also an expert user of the Shield Rune, which makes it very hard to take him down.

Now to you Monster and Baker, often times I go easier on you guys for the fun of the game. Monster reminds me of how I used to think how important it is to win, so that's why I let him have it sometimes.

Up to the recent past I was confused about which configuration is best, (now I found it based on experimentation) so I was not very good, solid or consistent at times, as I was in an "experimentation" phase. So that explains my weakness for certain periods of time.

I came to the final conclusion that your config should complete and help boost your natural talents. Which means that you pick one that makes you the best, and don't pick a pre-determined one, just because somebody else is awesome with it. You have to be open minded and flexible and make any changes to your config as the situation requires.

So some people are good ground players, that is they can aim very good when on the ground, others are good air players, meaning the can hit very good when shooting from the air. (I am a combination of both).

So people have different sets of natural skills and they should pick the config that takes best advantage of those skills.

The conclusion of all this is who is best depends on a lot of factors. Some have natural talent but bad configs and mouse settings or bad pings or crappy computers, some have a good config but lack the skills. The best players tend to have a combination of these, whether they know it or not.

Finally I want to stress that this is a game after all, you do not get paid to win. I changed my philosophy from playing to win to playing for fun. Most importantly one should play focused but with an open mind of both doing good and having fun (not being stressed), playing in a relaxed manner. Often times, this brings out the optimal and best results (so I found out for myself).

Also RuneQuake with hook is very complex and offers many possibilities of play. It is way different and evolved from regular Quake, and makes use of a different and vast set of skills.

I hope this post is beneficial to others and it clears up much of the uncertainties of the topic of who is best and why, and how you can see that.

Well bye,
                        Much love,
                        -Tia.
                        Last edited by Paradi$e; 04-02-2006, 01:03 PM.

Comment

I think a lot of us are glad you showed up here, and it's nice you returned after an absence of a few months. Some of us missed having you around.
                          Quakeone.com - Being exactly one-half good and one-half evil has advantages. When a portal opens to the antimatter universe, my opposite is just me with a goatee.

So while you guys all have to fight your anti-matter counterparts, me and my evil twin will be drinking a beer laughing at you guys ...

Comment

wb
                            lmbaoo
                            haha
                            Want to get into playing Quake again? Click here for the Multiplayer-Startup kit! laissez bon temps rouler!

Comment

Girly!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Paradi$e
                                Let's just say that I admit that I am better then Cherrie. She is a great player but however lacks some finesse and tactics.
                                Paradise is so humble, isn't she?

Originally posted by Paradi$e
                                As for female players also Vixen
                                Vixen always kept asking me if I wanted to drive down to Kentucky, which I found annoying ... twice as annoying because some people thought she was a "he". She was always trying to suck up to me because I was an admin and kept a close eye on her and Blaze because for a while I felt like something wasn't right about her/his/their play. But that was back in the days when cheating was rather commonplace.

Some people said she was "he". I never bought into all of that Blaze is when "my brother is using the computer."

I think she was a she. But I don't think Blaze was a different person. I don't know, then again Lord Ices kicks ass and his sister is even better. And, even then again, I think sometimes Vixen played Quake with, I guess, it was her mom.

The last time I heard from Vixen, she private messaged me asking me "Is Chuck still around?" I private messaged back saying "Yes" and I knew she wouldn't be coming back. There was some weird story involving Fnee Fnee that I never heard and probably don't want to hear.

[/old story]
                                Quakeone.com - Being exactly one-half good and one-half evil has advantages. When a portal opens to the antimatter universe, my opposite is just me with a goatee.

So while you guys all have to fight your anti-matter counterparts, me and my evil twin will be drinking a beer laughing at you guys ...

Comment

Working...
                                X