No announcement yet.

Preferred Mouse Type

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There is but overall they are the same in sense of how they operate.
    Laser mice are much higher in DPI - you can find some that have 5000dpi whereas usually the highest optical mouse you will find is about 1000.
    Overall Laser mice are more sensitive as their resolution for movement is much greater.
    Laser uses a fine beam for tracking, whereas optical uses a LED light. Guess best way to explain is take a highly sharpened pencil and make a dot on a page. Now do the same with one of those fat crayola markers and do the same. That dot represents the area for tracking. Laser would be more precise.
    They are GREAT for graphic design because of how precise they can get. With my current optical, getting that one pixel can be a issue - I have to zoom in 800% to select it as it would move to all the pixels around it normally - laser doesn't have that issue.

They also dont have the issue of surfaces. You can use a laser on a shiney black surface and won't encounter issues but with a optical it will jump around.

Ask the Editors: How are laser and optical mice different? - CNET Reviews

This explains it simpler. Unless you are heavy into gaming or graphic design - they are not worth the money. I want the Naga just for all the bindable buttons. Graphics in 3D Programs and PaintShop Pro 7 will go so much easier and faster as I can bind all the commands I want right to one of the side buttons - without having to Shift+B or Ctrl+Shift+K (delete keyframe) I could just simply click the side button.

Comment

Working...
    X