No announcement yet.

how did you choose your username

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mine is not that interesting, there is a character on a game called Guilty Gear XX named Kliff, and I just added "ington" at the end because I thought it was fun to say, the end.

I've used it for years, and never tried to sign up and had that name taken.

I used to use "Darklink" a lot as a screen name because I am a huge fan of The Legend of Zelda, but I wanted something more original.
    Last edited by Kliffington; 02-12-2013, 09:16 AM.
    +Rep! I'm going to the top!

Comment

Mine's from the ole school Metallica haydays, "Damage Incorporated" from the "Master of Puppets" CD. I just thought the lyrics, song and name were just purrrfect for deathmatch I used it from Doom thru Q3A, then I just stopped PC gaming until I joined here recently.

Blood will follow blood
      Dying time is here
      Damage Incorporated(whispered)

youtube link for anyone interested: Metallica - Damage, Inc (Studio Version) - YouTube Sounds a bit dated to me now but still ok.
      Name's damage_inc, and killing is my business. Don't worry though, it's nothing personal! Oh wait... maybe it is

Comment

I'm a big Megadeth fan. I like Metallica's older songs, but that is also because Dave Mustaine helped write a lot of those

Comment

♪ some people risk to employ me, some people live to destroy me
          (grrrr) Either way they die, they dii-iiiieeee ♪
          http://www.nextgenquake.com

Comment

Originally posted by Kliffington View Post
            I'm a big Megadeth fan. I like Metallica's older songs, but that is also because Dave Mustaine helped write a lot of those
            Are you serious? A "WOOT" can go either way!

Nah, can't be... not old enough!!!
            Name's damage_inc, and killing is my business. Don't worry though, it's nothing personal! Oh wait... maybe it is

Comment

Sure, if you download any of their songs from iTunes now, you will find Dave Mustaine's name as one of the Composers because he wrote many of the guitar riffs and lyrical content

A good example of this are these two songs:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rAuYaeQjBXc]Megadeth - Mechanix - YouTube[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C4nCy5CITc8]The Four Horsemen - Metallica - YouTube[/ame]

The riffs are pretty much exactly the same, but Dave wrote it.
              Now, Dave co-wrote the lyrical content, so it's a lot of debate on who actually wrote what...

What really matters is now we have two amazing Thrash Metal bands to enjoy instead of just one

Comment

FOKKK... I read your post all WRONG Kliffington!

I read this "... because Dave Mustaine helped "me" write a lot of those." DOH!

Comment

ah-hahaha! No worries
                  Though I wish it were true...

Comment

Once upon a time...
                    I was reading a tattoo-magazine. I don't exactly remember why, but for some reason I folded one page and by doing so the words "Ink" and "Shock", each from a different ad, aligned so I took that.

That's it
                    The worst thing I can be is the same as everybody else. I hate that.
                    - Arnold Schwarzenegger

Comment

History of our nicknames

During a friendly game of runequake, our good pal Quakenekkid suggested there be a thread about how we got our Quake nicknames, he's a smart man. I'll go first. I made the name "Quakeman" when I was around 3 years old. I used it to refer to the Quake marine, and the super hero nickname just seemed to fit him perfectly.

Now, we always hear "Doomguy" but for some reason people call Quakeman "Ranger". Why? Quake 3 didn't count! Quakeman seems like the most logical name to call the guy, crazy to me that no one else seems to say it. So I decided I would take the name that no one seemed to use for myself, and with it hoping more people would refer to the Quake marine as Quakeman.

Anyway, enough of my rambling. I'd like to hear the stories you guys have about your names. Let us share and have a wonderful discussion!

Comment

mine isnt that interesting....

i came up with my name when i made a mermaid-character for roleplay in SL
                        and was trying to think of an interesting outlandish-sounding name for a mermaid,
                        and after trying to come up with names for a while i came up with Talisa

and i liked the name so much i decided to also use it outside of the RP
                        and to use it as my name everywhere to identify myself with

and after finding out it was an extremely rarely used name i felt it seemed a perfect name to use
                        as no matter where id register there would be extremely little chance id get confused with someone else
                        cuz of how extremely rare the name is used by anyone anywhere
                        Last edited by talisa; 10-18-2015, 06:48 PM.
                        are you curious about what all there is out there in terms of HD content for quake?
                        > then make sure to check out my 'definitive' HD replacement content thread! <
                        everything that is out there for quake and both mission-packs, compiled into one massive thread

Comment

My original game name is Striker. The way I came up with it is simple, I use to bowl as a kid/teen and I was nicknamed 'The Striker' because I rolled my first 300 game at the age of 12 pretty much at the start of quake in 1996. People would call me striker at the bowling alley, by age 15 I had a 211 average which is professional average and had been to many tournaments therefore the name fit extremely well with me so that is how I got it. Until this day some people in person still call me striker even though its been 13 years since I have touched a bowling ball.

Wicked Lord came about one day in 2011 when I was looking to make a come back in quake as I found this site and did not want to be revealed as my old name so after days of thinking I came up with Wicked Lord.

Comment

Haha,
                            I'm sure everyone can guess why I used EzJacK....

Comment

Originally posted by wicked_lord View Post
                              My original game name is Striker. The way I came up with it is simple, I use to bowl as a kid/teen and I was nicknamed 'The Striker' because I rolled my first 300 game at the age of 12 pretty much at the start of quake in 1996. People would call me striker at the bowling alley, by age 15 I had a 211 average which is professional average and had been to many tournaments therefore the name fit extremely well with me so that is how I got it. Until this day some people in person still call me striker even though its been 13 years since I have touched a bowling ball.

Wicked Lord came about one day in 2011 when I was looking to make a come back in quake as I found this site and did not want to be revealed as my old name so after days of thinking I came up with Wicked Lord.
                              We got a bowling champ over here boy! Very detailed story. Happy endings are always accepted You will be picking up the bowl again soon my man, keep getting those turkeys.

Comment

Well mine's easy, check sig - so I shortened it :p Quake is great and great topic btw
                                The gemstone of gaming is Quake, so load it up and play some

Comment

Working...
                                X