Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

nice thread, Nahuel is my real name
    so i do not have nickname :/
    the invasion has begun! hide your children, grab the guns, and pack sandwiches.

syluxman2803

Comment

I use Freeman in Quake now but I used to use pointfile for everything,
      I still do use it for a lot of things.

Back in the mists of time, around '97 I started messing with Quake mapping,
      because I was starting out, I would get carried away and end up with leaks in my maps.

A pointfile is generated to show you where the leak is.
      Username : Atomic Robokid on Steam

Please check out my Quake made things:

https://www.indiedb.com/games/run-over
      https://adam-freeman.itch.io/hazard
      https://adam-freeman.itch.io/diver
      https://adam-freeman.itch.io/beyond

Comment

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=alkbZPXbnJk[/ame]

Originally posted by mindfields
        This is dangerous
        Open up your head filled with shell shock
        This is dangerous
        I walk through mindfields, I watch your head rot

This is dangerous

This is dangerous
        This is dangerous

This is dangerous
        This is dangerous

I watch your head rot
        This is also an indication of how long I used this name as an internet nickname.
        The community of IHOC (International House of Cheese) shortened my chosen nickname to my current given nickname Mindzy.
        Want to get into playing Quake again? Click here for the Multiplayer-Startup kit! laissez bon temps rouler!

Comment

"Quakenekkid suggested there be a thread about how we got our Quake nicknames"...

http://quakeone.com/forums/quake-tal...-username.html

Comment

This is cool.

Back in the early days ('96-98 or so) I used the name "Peekaboom" ... which I originally thought of having watched Picabo Street ski around that time. The boom made sense in the context of quake + doom and jumping out at people ....

... then the internet happened and every time I tried to register for something I'd end up being Peekaboom573 or some shit. F-that.

... then I stated using the name Mezmorelda, which was based on a Morrowind RPG character I was playing at the time. Except then people kept asking me about my gender. F-that.

... so then I switched it to Mezmor**** (for the funny), except of course half the forums I tried to register for banned **** in user names, go figure. Oh, and,m F-that.

... then I was playing some Warhammer 40k game with orcs and needed a name for my awesome Ork Warboss. I took the "Mezmor" and added the "ki" to the end, which are the starting letters of my last name. Hence Mezmorki. It has the advantage of not being used anywhere that I've come across. Finally!

Comment

Originally posted by Anubis View Post
              "Quakenekkid suggested there be a thread about how we got our Quake nicknames"...

http://quakeone.com/forums/quake-tal...-username.html
              Thanks for pointing to a locked thread that none of the newer community members would be able to participate in, those who had posted in it prior can check that out too. Unlocked and merged into this thread.
              Want to get into playing Quake again? Click here for the Multiplayer-Startup kit! laissez bon temps rouler!

Comment

Mindz - I didn't realize it was locked (my mistake). I remembered we had this username post before so, I found it and linked it.

Comment

If you hadn't found it, we wouldn't have been able to merge them and build upon what was already there. I worded my post incorrectly, I wasn't chastising or trying to be rude.

Sorry for choosing my words incorrectly, I knew what I wanted to say but I had a brainfart when it left my fingers. What you did was a good thing!

I would never had bothered to search the forums for a previous post of this nature, I'm just glad you knew about this post from 2012 started by Michael. I'm willing to bet there is an even older one, if you find it I'll merge that one too!

And yeah , there is a 1year inactive post locking feature. In the past, necroposting was a real issue that you don't see much of now days.

Kudo's!

While your here, why did you choose Anubis? Do you like Ancient Egypt stuff? I'm kind of particular to Khonsu, but never used it as a nickname.
                  Last edited by Mindf!3ldzX; 10-20-2015, 01:54 PM. Reason: Italics section is the editing!

Comment

Should this post

http://quakeone.com/forums/quake-tal...r-names-4.html

be merged as well?

Comment

• Mindz (regarding Anubis) - I used to study mythologies, and back then Anubis was my favorite. I used the name for everything and it became common-place for me to do so. Not really an interesting reason but, it's the only one I have.

Michael is the one that pointed it out to me that he made the username post years ago. He didn't ask me to link it though. I did that on my own.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mindf!3ldzX View Post
                        And yeah , there is a 1year inactive post locking feature. In the past, necroposting was a real issue that you don't see much of now days.
                        [/i]

Ha! Had heard of Zombie Threads, but I LOL'd at necroposting!

Nekkid

Comment

• I'm sorry that happened to you.

Comment

• loll

Clan Seven Sins 96'

pride
                            greed
                            lust[7]
                            envy
                            gluttony
                            wrath
                            sloth

name seemd to stick with me since im lazy and not original

Comment

• Zeus - SC1 / WC3 / Quake3 / AoE2 and some others
                              Zeus sounded cool

K1ng / Domin4tor - DotA
                              K1ng sounded cool until I was in the top 200 eu players, then became Domin4tor

ToonBen - Smash Bros Melee
                              irl nickname

OMacKnight or Banjoman64 - everything since
                              my birth name was going to be Orlando
                              so, (O)rlando(MacKnight), and banjoman is an irl nickname
                              twitch
                              wew lad

Comment

• One username I used I got from a name generator lol.

Comment

Working...
                                X