Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by wicked_lord View Post
    You can ban the 71.185.xxx.xxx in CRMOD
    Yeah but you can't do that in the code if admined up in, say, CRMOD. You have to do it outside what Quake provides.

You have access to the server and are doing it by hand there.

[The depth of Tremor's post made it a great read.]
    Quakeone.com - Being exactly one-half good and one-half evil has advantages. When a portal opens to the antimatter universe, my opposite is just me with a goatee.

So while you guys all have to fight your anti-matter counterparts, me and my evil twin will be drinking a beer laughing at you guys ...

Comment

• Originally posted by wicked_lord View Post
      You can ban the 71.185.xxx.xxx in CRMOD. So how is quake incapable of it? I just tested this on CRMOD on my wicked.quakeitup.com server. i switched the mod to CRMOD, then added the ban as 98.18.xxx.xxx and it works. CAx mod does not work in that form.
      Originally posted by Baker View Post
      Yeah but you can't do that in the code if admined up in, say, CRMOD. You have to do it outside what Quake provides.

You have access to the server and are doing it by hand there.

[The depth of Tremor's post made it a great read.]

You don't need physical access to preform the ban function WickedLord is talking about,he already stated he could ban himself with only two specified octets in crmod (probably through editing a ban cfg file,which is accessible through file manager at AOW)

CAx only allows 1 wildcard octet requiring 3 octets specified. The mod should be able to do this, I mean,it is reading from an ip string right?, it seems too easy to be this trivial IF the CRMOD/CTF hybridmod thats running is already doing it. This tells me there is no reason why CAx can't do the same thing the CRMOD is doing :F
      Want to get into playing Quake again? Click here for the Multiplayer-Startup kit! laissez bon temps rouler!

Comment

• Originally posted by Tremor View Post
        I would definitely recommend REMOVING the stat tracking link at the bottom of quakeone.com (Planet with electricity icon). This shows WAY too much information on the individuals who frequent this website. It would be trivial to associate a particular forum post to an individual's personal ip address.
        I just want to point out that IRC shows the entire IP address as well.
        Quakeone.com - Being exactly one-half good and one-half evil has advantages. When a portal opens to the antimatter universe, my opposite is just me with a goatee.

So while you guys all have to fight your anti-matter counterparts, me and my evil twin will be drinking a beer laughing at you guys ...

Comment

• I have him banned on nearly every GameSurge IRC channel im at like this

Mask Set By Triggered Reason
          [20:14] --ChanServ-- *!*@*.east.verizon.net mindzx 1 week and 3 days Bye.

he tried joining 1 week and 3 days ago

I also am masked, he doesn't get my IP from IRC
          [20:15] ->> mindzx is [email protected] (***** said GRAPES)
          [20:15] ->> mindzx is on: @#ashtray +#clanxux @#crctf @#U4 @#clan_hdz @#quakeone @#quake1
          [20:15] ->> mindzx using TAL.DE.EU.GameSurge.net (GameSurge leaf)
          [20:15] ->> mindzx is logged in as mindzx
          [20:15] ->> Actual user@host, Actual IP for mindzx: [email protected], 98.89.155.170
          [20:15] ->> mindzx has been idle for 1 minute 20 seconds (Logged on at 8/22/2012 7:06:20 PM)
          [20:15] ->> mindzx :End of /WHOIS list
          I am,however,easily cherry picked out from that list due to there is only two MS players, Whit/Mindz. He would show up Jackson,MS. I'm the only Gulfport,MS connection hitting Quakeone.com on a frequent basis..... I've also banned kimp a unfathomable amount of times since 2009.
          I tried emailing Avalanche, HDzBot has been gone forever....and I don't know how to operate Armorbot
          Want to get into playing Quake again? Click here for the Multiplayer-Startup kit! laissez bon temps rouler!

Comment

• If the tracker is personally causing you problems, open your hosts files and block it ( c:\windows\System32\drivers\etc\hosts <-- that file)

Edit hosts file in Windows 7 & Windows Vista | Windows Reference

DNS to block: t1.extreme-dm.com by assigning to 127.0.0.1

Then you won't show up in the tracker.

[I haven't tried this, I'm rather sure this is all that is required.]

Comment

• I forgot about HOSTS file ;F I'll let you know tomorrow morning im bout to crash

edited;Fail.
              Last edited by Mindf!3ldzX; 08-22-2012, 09:05 PM.

Comment

• Here is what I did:

Code:
                # Copyright (c) 1993-2009 Microsoft Corp.
                #
                # This is a sample HOSTS file used by Microsoft TCP/IP for Windows.
                #
                # This file contains the mappings of IP addresses to host names. Each
                # entry should be kept on an individual line. The IP address should
                # be placed in the first column followed by the corresponding host name.
                # The IP address and the host name should be separated by at least one
                # space.
                #
                # Additionally, comments (such as these) may be inserted on individual
                # lines or following the machine name denoted by a '#' symbol.
                #
                # For example:
                #
                #      102.54.94.97     rhino.acme.com          # source server
                #       38.25.63.10     x.acme.com              # x client host

# localhost name resolution is handled within DNS itself.
                #	127.0.0.1       localhost
                #	::1             localhost

127.0.0.1		t1.extreme-dm.com
                Seeing if it works ... won't know for a while for certain.

Comment

• Originally posted by Baker View Post
                  Seeing if it works ... won't know for a while for certain.
                  All the evidence I'm seeing is that is working.

Remember when trying this to clear your cache during testing.

Comment

• Dude you just flew up your own ass by dns poisoning the tracker and inadvertently discovered how kimp is getting around the ban?Too funny.....
                    WARNING
                    May be too intense for some viewers.
                    Stress Relief Device
                    ....BANG HEAD HERE....
                    ---------------------------
                    .--------------------------

Comment

• Originally posted by bluntz View Post
                      Dude you just flew up your own ass by dns poisoning the tracker and inadvertently discovered how kimp is getting around the ban?Too funny.....
                      lol funny

Comment

• Originally posted by Mindf!3ldzX View Post
                        You don't need physical access to preform the ban function WickedLord is talking about,he already stated he could ban himself with only two specified octets in crmod (probably through editing a ban cfg file,which is accessible through file manager at AOW)

CAx only allows 1 wildcard octet requiring 3 octets specified. The mod should be able to do this, I mean,it is reading from an ip string right?, it seems too easy to be this trivial IF the CRMOD/CTF hybridmod thats running is already doing it. This tells me there is no reason why CAx can't do the same thing the CRMOD is doing :F
                        In CAx:

u can do 127;*;*;* and ban anything under
                        or 127;0;*;*
                        or 127;0;0;*

im obv using 127.0.0.1 as an example
                        www.quakeone.com/qrack | www.quakeone.com/cax| http://en.twitch.tv/sputnikutah

Comment

• Quick ban 127.0.0.1!!!!!!
                          WARNING
                          May be too intense for some viewers.
                          Stress Relief Device
                          ....BANG HEAD HERE....
                          ---------------------------
                          .--------------------------

Comment

• Originally posted by R00k View Post
                            In CAx:

u can do 127;*;*;* and ban anything under
                            or 127;0;*;*
                            or 127;0;0;*

im obv using 127.0.0.1 as an example
                            Ok, so i don't need to add the 127;0;banned? like that?

Just as you have it 127;0;*;* right?

Comment

• Here is what is in the ban.cfg as of right now.. first ip = kimp obv, and second = mine.. Ive done restart the server etc, trying to ban myself.. still does not work.

71;185;14;banned
                              98;18;*;*

Comment

• I basically said a bunch of this somewhere else on the forum. I just didn't know what the CAx method was. However, I'm thinking that WL's server does not give him access to the server root, only a branch of it. So, there probably isn't a way for CAx to have a server ban unless his service begins to offer it.

If I had the source of the QC I could implement what mindz suggests, but I don't believe it would be effective. If kimp actually does have a way around the banlist you could perform all the checks you want and all he has to do is set up some kind of listener to over ride it. ALternately, you would have to know how Kimp is gaming the system in order to test if the extra checks are even doing anything at all.
                                http://www.nextgenquake.com

Comment

Working...
                                X