particlefonts for dp

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• particlefonts for dp

hey guys there was an old wip thread by seanstar where he was using a nexuiz particlefont, and the screenshots looked real cool. does anyone have the final version of his nexuiz particlefont and the effectinfo.txt file he made to go with it? his wip thread is marked as the project is finished but i didnt find any finished version of files or another thread in the finished section.

on another note, what part of the particlefont picture causes sparks, smoke, blood, etc. is there a standard layout for this file if i want to modify it myself? thanks

about the sparks and such, you can have this by using seven's small mod compilation:
    http://quakeone.com/forums/quake-mod...mpilation.html

and yeah, sure i have his particlefont, here it is:
    sean's particlefont

and it just works fine to just use the standard effectinfo from the smc with it

and about his thread, seanstar was such an ass to suddenly out of nowhere delete everything he made from the forum for no reason

EDIT: wait correction, you dont need the SMC mod to have the effects, but the smc does add a lot which vanilla quake normally doesnt have, like muzzle-flash and adding fancy effects to powerups and such.
    but i have a version which i modified to work with vanilla quake without any mods which i use myself for online play, here is a copy of it:
    effectinfo for vanilla quake in DP

you wont have all the effects with it that you have with the SMC, but all the ones that are possible in vanilla quake are there

(BTW sorry for all the edits, but i was trying to rush reply since i was busy with stuff, but i kept thinking of stuff )
    Last edited by talisa; 08-25-2012, 08:28 PM.
    are you curious about what all there is out there in terms of HD content for quake?
    > then make sure to check out my 'definitive' HD replacement content thread! <
    everything that is out there for quake and both mission-packs, compiled into one massive thread

Comment

I'm done posting files on this forum because of splitterface posting files ive worked on against my wishes. After posting these files without
      asking, when I nicely asked to remove them you said basically, fuck you I'm doing a service...this made up my mind not to help ungrateful and
      dishonorable people anymore.

Comment

Comment

got just 3 words for you sean:
          GET OVER IT
          are you curious about what all there is out there in terms of HD content for quake?
          everything that is out there for quake and both mission-packs, compiled into one massive thread

Comment

The Nexuiz particle font is GPL. You modify it and distribute, you are granting a right to redistribute it.

End of story.

[If someone does not like the terms outlined in the GPL, don't modify a GPL work ...]
            Quakeone.com - Being exactly one-half good and one-half evil has advantages. When a portal opens to the antimatter universe, my opposite is just me with a goatee.

So while you guys all have to fight your anti-matter counterparts, me and my evil twin will be drinking a beer laughing at you guys ...

Comment

Thank you baker!

Comment

i don't understand what this is all about, you shared the files here yourself originally, you obviously wanted people to have them, why would it matter if someone posted a copy? i did ask you directly for them, but i didn't know if you would get my message so i asked the forum as well.

Comment

Originally posted by seanstar View Post
                  ...this made up my mind not to help ungrateful and
                  dishonorable people anymore.
                  Hi Sean,

I do hope you reconsider. Although my rather limited hardware doesn't allow me to take full advantage of your excellent work, I'm sure others can and it is always pleasing (imho) to see a new and inventive approach taken to Quake to keep it fresh and interesting. Perhaps the comment wasn't intended to come over in the way it did?

We need all the talented contributors willing to share their works with the community that we can get so please don't let one incident put you off.

Kind regards

Monty
                  Mr.Burns
                  "Helping to keep this community friendly, helpful, and clean of spammers since 2006"
                  WWW: Quake Terminus , QuakeVoid You Tube: QuakeVoid
                  Servers: Quake.shmack.net, damage.servequake.com

News: JCR's excellent ctsj_jcr map is being ported to OOT

Comment

@gdiddy

@splitterface

@baker

What do you know about it?...I never uploaded this particlefont with added flies, I sent it as a test version to two people
                    I thought were honest.

Its ok though, because the world is round and it all comes back around.

@burns
                    I'm done modding quake and playing video games in general...I do have some of the best monster skins
                    ever made for quake, but they wont get uploaded, you can thank splitterface for that.

Comment

@sean
                      oh yeah sure, so its my fault that you are an asshole?
                      im not the one who gave birth to you and raised you, thank your mum for that

and you obviously didnt read what baker said. GPL means its free for anyone to share no matter what you do to it. you shared it with me, gives me the right to share it with anyone i want

Comment

Originally posted by seanstar View Post
                        I'm done modding quake and playing video games in general...I do have some of the best monster skins
                        ever made for quake, but they wont get uploaded, you can thank splitterface for that.
                        And that is true, some of the stuff you've done was awesome.

And enjoy the not playing video games thing.
                        Quakeone.com - Being exactly one-half good and one-half evil has advantages. When a portal opens to the antimatter universe, my opposite is just me with a goatee.

So while you guys all have to fight your anti-matter counterparts, me and my evil twin will be drinking a beer laughing at you guys ...

Comment

@Sean

You're still trying to convince others what a GOD you are at modding Quake.
                          As Baker said you have made some beautiful things...BUT...don't let the door hit you in the behind on the way to no games or modding...sheesh...

Comment

I think Sean just means he has completed is goals in Quake and is moving on...

Though, most of the content from Sean is just cut/paste of other games. DOOM3 ?!
                            Sean you must expect people to share your work. Take it as a compliment. Even if you just modified someone's work to begin with.
                            And there's nothing wrong with that. This is a sharing community where assets are limited.
                            Last edited by R00k; 08-28-2012, 12:30 PM.
                            www.quakeone.com/qrack | www.quakeone.com/cax| http://en.twitch.tv/sputnikutah

Comment

LOL... Sean what the fuck is your problem man? Did you produce these things just to keep them under lock and key, never to see the light of day? You made something, you put it out there, why would you be upset that somebody is spreading your work? What, were you planning to sell it? I certainly hope not... I haven't ever seen anyone on this forum sell any work they've done for Quake, ever. (Don't think you could legally do that because of the GPL anyway.) He even credited you on it. It's not like splitterface came in and said "that guy's work is shit, check out my particlefronts instead <insert sean's particlefronts>". He straight up posted your work, gave you credit for it and that was that. And you're upset? Shouldn't you be happy that your work is being spread, used, even asked for?

e|------------------------0---------------
                              B|---------------0^1----------------1----
                              G|---------------2------2------0^2-------
                              D|---------------2-------2--2-------------
                              A|---------------0------------------------
                              E|----------------------------------------

Comment

Working...
                              X