Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by OoPpEe View Post
    I do have to side with Frenzy on this.
    This whole bitching about server admins/kimp/"kimp supporters" is just WAY out of hand to the point that this whole forum is NOTHING but complaining. I knew at one point we'd need someone to finally step up and put a end to it. Most of the issues people are complaining about could of been resolved via PM. Instead people have to go out of their way and make a public thread to call someone out. The PM function is there for a reason, use it.
    i didn't make this thread i only replied to it. Kimp isnt the issue, he's minute to this thread.

Comment

My post was directed at Frenzy's first post in the thread, not at you - sorry if there was any confusion.

Comment

Originally posted by OoPpEe View Post
        My post was directed at Frenzy's first post in the thread, not at you - sorry if there was any confusion.
        its cool

Comment

Originally posted by muller View Post
          Personally, I would create a brand new sub-forum in these hallowed halls so that people could start their own threads inside.

Call it 'What Happened Last Night' or 'Kimp's Corner' or 'If Magnus Ruled the Earth,' just something funny and clever. And then, if you don't want to read what's inside, don't go in.
          Good idea!

Create a "Shit-talk" section (rated R of course and just let assholes go in there and rage for a while... it will keep them off the normal forums and people don't have to constantly see it!

But they wouldn't get cookies and milk like the normal forums. They get to play on a broke version of CAx all day.
          Last edited by Phenom; 08-12-2011, 09:22 PM.
          QuakeOne.com
          Quake One Resurrection

QuakeOne.com/qrack
          Great Quake engine

Qrack 1.60.1 Ubuntu Guide
          Get Qrack 1.60.1 running in Ubuntu!

Comment

Frenzy, you need to be removed from admin, or you need to shape up. You're constantly making poor decisions and you can't see or learn from your mistakes.

You've had issues before with your pressured censorship and now again.

I'm glad others have spoken up as well. It's a shame that it takes all this drama just to point out that removing discussions from the community is not the proper way to run a forum.

I'll continue to stick around because I believe we are making progress, and, more than a patriot of the game, I am a patriot of the community.

Comment

Originally posted by magnus View Post
              i'm glad others have spoken up as well. It's a shame that it takes all this drama just to point out that removing discussions from the community is not the proper way to run a forum.

I'll continue to stick around because i believe we are making progress, and, more than a patriot of the game, i am a patriot of the community.

Shit just got real.

Glad to hear you're going to stay with us Maggy
              QuakeOne.com
              Quake One Resurrection

QuakeOne.com/qrack
              Great Quake engine

Qrack 1.60.1 Ubuntu Guide
              Get Qrack 1.60.1 running in Ubuntu!

Comment

Comment

mindz ctf isnt crap.

I personally think everything would be fine. if everyone just banned kimp. he is 90% of the problem. nevertheless.. I would just recommend that all dm players move to hdz dm. He can be banned there no problem. Once people stop playing on servers where kimp is not only allowed - but wanted - then they will get the picture.

I just cant get into dm because of the people who play. This is why I like ctf (although I think ctf players who play dm are starting to get that dm personality (CD)).
                  Cbuf_AddText (va("say ZeroQuake GL version 1.10\n"));

Comment

Last edited by bluntz; 09-26-2011, 07:06 PM.
                    WARNING
                    May be too intense for some viewers.
                    Stress Relief Device
                    ....BANG HEAD HERE....
                    ---------------------------
                    .--------------------------

Comment

I don't weigh in often but I find my time checking in a watse of time, I was hoping to learn and educate myself here......had enough and moving along. Sorry dudes but for months it's the same old shit.....happy huntng!
                      EzJacK

Comment

Originally posted by ezjack View Post
                        i don't weigh in often but i find my time checking in a watse of time, i was hoping to learn and educate myself here......had enough and moving along. Sorry dudes but for months it's the same old shit.....happy huntng!
                        Ezjack

Bula !!
                        Want to get into playing Quake again? Click here for the Multiplayer-Startup kit! laissez bon temps rouler!

Comment

Originally posted by Magnus View Post
                          Frenzy, you need to be removed from admin, or you need to shape up. You're constantly making poor decisions and you can't see or learn from your mistakes.

You've had issues before with your pressured censorship and now again.

I'm glad others have spoken up as well. It's a shame that it takes all this drama just to point out that removing discussions from the community is not the proper way to run a forum.

I'll continue to stick around because I believe we are making progress, and, more than a patriot of the game, I am a patriot of the community.
                          I clearly stated that it was nothing personal. The problem you have sometimes Magnus is that you fail to read what people say, and just start replying. Read what I say, then "attack" accordingly. I don't need to correct you again, that's not as an admin whatsoever, that's me to you.

I have no problems with censorship. And I hardly believe I'll be removed as admin because (1.) Mindz is throwing a fit as a baby does because that's what Mindz does (My guess is that it's because he was removed as Admin for his actions and this is his tantrum time again). He never threw these tantrums until then about me. And (2.) Because you think me correcting something, for the "hysteria", not because I believe I was wrong, will be subject matter in the event that I did lose my Admin.

You probably won't like every one of my decisions. However, I will not fail to listen to the community on the issue at hand (even if it be me) and do what I then think is best. That's one of my clear responsibilities.

I moved the threads back, as I said, some of you would keep crying, duly noted.

Foq, it's because of your long term trolling before it's your truck posting. However, if you feel you're being attacked personally, I'm sorry, that's not the case.

And Mindz, I don't have much to say to you. I don't need to disrespect you to get a point across.

And I'm glad you're a "Patriot of the Community", welcome to my ranks.
                          However, being a Patriot doesn't mean you're always right, as you always think you are. You won't get an apology out of me for doing what I thought was best, and harming nobody in the meanwhile. I didn't move them back because I felt I was wrong, I moved them back to save face, and more of this drama you guys are on a serious quest for

I closed 1 thread. I'll stick to that decision. And I'll repeat, the threads were put back. So you guys are welcome to act the age you say you are and move on to the next subject.
                          Last edited by Frenzy; 08-13-2011, 12:28 AM.
                          uakene.com

Comment

Frenzy, you are 100% delusional, I'm sure of that now.

I also find it insulting that you compare community patriotism to mine.

Comment

Originally posted by Magnus View Post
                              Frenzy, you are 100% delusional, I'm sure of that now.

I also find it insulting that you compare community patriotism to mine.
                              You're entitled to your opinion. However you don't have community patriotism, you have DM Patriotism
                              uakene.com

Comment

Reading back through some of the responses there seems to be 2 seperate threads here so it would seem wise for me to stick on topic.

Frenzy, to get back to the original post, I like the idea of a little more possitivity in the site my friend. It seems a sensible way forward and it would be good to see some more comeradery and good natured, sportsmanship return to the game with players showing respect for each other in game and by extension here on the site.

Perhaps more emphasis on the recent acheivements of possitive influences like Oppee, Rook, Seven, MH and Baker might help attract ppl to the site rather than repel them with negativity.
                                Perhaps an "idiots guide to... " various quake activities might be good "sticky" threads. E.g. a simple newbie friendly guide to pimping your quake using different textures and skins,
                                mod reviews, etc.
                                I;m sure we all appreciate and enjoy the free speech principle but I think it was Rook who, in his usual entertaining but concise way, suggested that just because you can say whatever you like on this forum doesn't necessarily mean that you should. The idea mentioned by a couple of earlier contributors of having a dedicated area or a means of quckly identifying the more "negative" or abusive postings can be a) contained and read by those that are interested and b)easily be ignored/avoided by those that are not, could work very well. I'm sure there are some that enjoy, and indeed thrive, on this kind of engagement but clearly it's not for everyone.
                                [Edit: after wading through some of the other threads some of this appears to have already happened so keep up the good work ]

Lately this site, to me at least, feels like it is in danger of becoming an increasingly unpleasant place to be. It's reassuring to see that you guys are putting in some initiatives to try and improve things. Well done for your attempts to reverse this trend guys - it clearly isnt easy but keep plugging away and I'm sure we'll get there

Kind regards

Monty
                                Last edited by Mr.Burns; 08-13-2011, 04:39 PM.
                                Mr.Burns
                                "Helping to keep this community friendly, helpful, and clean of spammers since 2006"
                                WWW: Quake Terminus , QuakeVoid You Tube: QuakeVoid
                                Servers: Quake.shmack.net, damage.servequake.com

News: JCR's excellent ctsj_jcr map is being ported to OOT

Comment

Working...
                                X