No announcement yet.

A message to every Quake moder/coder/lover

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

dude you speak codes... why you go offline every 5 min... may be you are too high or something. Go better to sleep and we will write later.
    Last edited by Sza; 03-01-2014, 01:35 AM.

Comment

It's Friday night isn't

Comment

I know because i was drunken too... my head ...

Comment

I'm not sure who's trolling who any more.

Sza, the way you totally dismissed Seven was way out of line. I don't even use the stuff he links, but he and his buddies have been improving Quake's appearance for years, so I give them mad props.

But I see you say graphics aren't the issue. I guess you want new maps? A team of quake modders doing... stuff? You're much too nebulous.

I did sift through your posts, trying to understand your goal, and I saw you want to keep Quake 1 alive by bringing in new players. The huge issue is competing against modern games. Game companies spend who knows how much on stuff just to make a game popular... marketing, management, and even psychologists are used to heighten a game's fun factor (especially to make free to play games addictive).

But, for fun, what is this ideal you seek, exactly?

Comment

^What Zop said.

And sorry for being rude, I was actually just really annoyed at how you were treating Seven, I don't use his stuff much myself either, but for people new to the game who want a pretty build of quake, he's made it so easy. Whilst making sure content creators get their credit.
            twitch
            wew lad

Comment

@OMac no problem i understand. Every human is making mistakes, even me. Sry for that.

Guys... sevens ideas are even very good(some of them even bad ass ). He just pissed me off and i have lost my controll(sry for that). He said to Dutch that he should make his own mod more old skool because of the "performance" but he (seven) self is doing sometime so much stuff for DP that this game is sometimes unpleyable... and saying(not direct) almost every time that my ideas are worth shit is not very nice(once again i mean Seven). But fok it i will forget it faster than you can imagine.

NOW THE TOPIC. I have wrote everything everything about what we need but i will write about it one more time.

@Zop thinking like this is wrong and you know it. If we do nothing we will se no changes. We have enough possibilities but we have no team work. The way you have wrote about it will bring no help to us/quake. There will be every day less players playing this game till everybodys forgot... just like it happend to the q2. Sry, dont understand me wrong but you should read the thread from the begin. I mean i/we love old skool but the young players loves new skool... so we know exactly what they want. Saying everyday that i am foken old skool will bring this game faster to the grave than you can imagine it. I dont want to write about it 1000 foken times because its stupid and our conversation is a non sense if u think that i am trolling here someone. I have better things to do in my Life than losing my time for trolling aomeone i some forum... and i am not a foken attention whore. Sry guys but all i wanted to do is only to help a litlle bit and share my ideas with you. Thats all. Alone i can do nothing. The power is in your hands.

For example take a look on the quake live.

Once again we should move forward to the MP. We nee to improve the models a litlle bit(there are some guys who already doing it). We need some different and good looking player models. We need some different nice players skins... and may be some coloreful item skins so we can see it better in a MP. We need some fast and good designed mp maps. We need some luncher which will help many people to download the maps and other updates for example direct to the DP folder. May be the couple arms in the fps camera perspective? idk... There are very much ideas which could bring new players to the servers and the possibilities are infinite. We have here enough very much talented moders but they dont work in a team. The moderators/admins should make some challanges or events some times... There are very much possibilities.

Kind Regards Szaone
              Last edited by Sza; 03-02-2014, 03:33 PM.

Comment

A new client/server setup where players have fully unique profiles would be great.

And could even make money through mapping; (I'll give an example)

Mr Map Maker creates a map and submits it to a monthly competition where a small cash prize is up for the winners and the maps that win are available for purchase for a dollar (or more if the user wants to contribute more) and the maps would be released over the next month for free. (But all maps can be paid for to support the creators.

Probably a 50/50 Host/Map creator payment system. Ergo, servers can be paid for, and creators can make a small living from it.

I'm currently still dealing with a hangover from where my girlfriend's father challenged me to a drinking competition and I've decided to never touch cider again in my life. XD

(I lost, but it was a great night)

Edit : this is probably really random, but I can explain properly another time. When my head isn't pounding.
                twitch
                wew lad

Comment

Originally posted by OMacKnight View Post
                  A new client/server setup where players have fully unique profiles would be great.
                  Yep. Definitely yes!

And could even make money through mapping; (I'll give an example)

Mr Map Maker creates a map and submits it to a monthly competition where a small cash prize is up for the winners and the maps that win are available for purchase for a dollar (or more if the user wants to contribute more) and the maps would be released over the next month for free. (But all maps can be paid for to support the creators.

Probably a 50/50 Host/Map creator payment system. Ergo, servers can be paid for, and creators can make a small living from it.
                  I think its makable if the maps will be enough good. Once again a very good idea.

I'm currently still dealing with a hangover from where my girlfriend's father challenged me to a drinking competition and I've decided to never touch cider again in my life. XD

(I lost, but it was a great night)

Edit : this is probably really random, but I can explain properly another time. When my head isn't pounding.
                  I had a hard weekend ( to much vodka... ) and a big head too I cant look on the alcohol anymore
                  Last edited by Sza; 03-03-2014, 04:03 PM.

Comment

Sza, have you looked into Baker's Proquake? It added some things, like a server browser and automatic map download (for people missing the map on the server). Perhaps it can help you.

Comment

Sza, I've been thinking this for ages. Most likely because I play far too much league of legends which was half of the inspiration for this.

Also the map idea was originally by James "2GD" Harding, who is now more interested in DOTA2, but is gets rid of the particularly bad maps whilst allowing the best to get through. Obviously people will share their maps, but this is for the creators who simply blow minds with how they can build maps. As far as I'm aware, MadGypsy has basically done a crap tonne to help people get into mapping for quake, through radiant if I recall. Which I really need to start using.

(single malt scotch for me. But my god it was good scotch)
                      twitch
                      wew lad

Comment

BUMP, WHERE THE FUCK WAS I @? (probably playing CAx/TDM)

Wow someone do me the favor, next time I'm under a rock, pick it up and let the sunlight in. If I don't open my eyes, kick me real hard until I do.
                        Want to get into playing Quake again? Click here for the Multiplayer-Startup kit! laissez bon temps rouler!

Comment

I just read this post in its entirety and all I can say is WOW WHAT A CLUSTER FUCK.

More lost in translation has occurred in this post than I have ever witnessed on these forums, and the kick in the teeth? I want the exact same thing, and officially Sza is banned? IIRC this was a request for a simple Title chance but Sza hasn't been around since 03-21-2014.

I can shake my head and walk away from this post feeling a bit depressed because well,the unfaithful free version of Quake I would love to see exist in any title'd form (I chose Seismic because it had the same meaning) language barriers and the actual intentions of words strung together to deliver a point across to another person ruined the fuck out of this,due to misunderstandings (OBVIOUSLY,Just read Mark and Sza's conversation and it becomes quite obvious, when two forum members are communicating in english (as a SECOND language), someone to interpret is invaluable.

Seven and I have even had language barrier issues from time to time where what we are saying and WANTING to convey to one another fail to successfully be said/heard in the original intentions or posturing.

I'm volunteering myself as a 1st language speaker of English, to be the medium that 2nd language english speakers/writers can call upon to avoid this happening again.

never,the fuck,again.
                          Want to get into playing Quake again? Click here for the Multiplayer-Startup kit! laissez bon temps rouler!

Comment

-snip wall of text now exists here-

One instance where I made use of this is a negative reputation point given to myself that read "Mindz farts again!",
                            waaay back in like 2009 when foq had inquired about vis'ing maps and then misread some post by =peg= and made an ass of myself.

The community here grows every day and we become more and more diverse, and as a primarily english spoken forum,
                            we will inevitably run into more instances where members are using english as their 2nd language and honest to goodness intentions might be lost in translation as english being a second language.
                            When I farted I really farted, I had no excuses, everyone was speaking plain english. Public apologies to =Peg= are in order, Cobalt recently brought to my attention I was horrible to him and he basically dropped off Quakeone.com due to this.
                            I conveyed honest apologies to him via PM and I was oblivious to the issues that transpired until recently he reminded me "Hey,you farted again btw" and I just want this issue to become non-issue for anyone in the future.

We've been given 999 view slots of what we're either doing RIGHT or WRONG, you can view you Reputation points along with a description whether you was +'d or -'d in rep points here
                            Hope everyone finds this change in total viewable Rep Points useful,
                            and sorry for the delay. This has been in place for almost going on a month now, but I forgot to mention it.

English as a second language and misunderstandings are now apart of my offerings. Are you and another forum member having trouble conveying your thoughts into words? I'm your man. Witness why this news update even exists here

Sza basically said the same the exact same thing I said(New players,Quake1), but in an entirely different wording/approach. I was under a rock apparently,kicking myself in the ass for this even though I had no part in it, I can do what I can in the future to avoid this. This community is too awesome for misunderstandings to cause members to leave or not participate as often as they normally would due to trivial language barriers. Intermediary also available for those who feel another member is out of line, TELL ME! I'll approach with as much level headedness as I can, but I'm only human.I may make the siutation worse but I'm doing what I can to retain the community I enjoy,not lose them.

-Mindzy

-end snipped wall of text here-

Comment

Originally posted by MadGypsy
                              Let's face it. We all might love Quake and we all might be really talented but we are not really on the same page. R00k modifies QC, I completely rewrite it, Seven overlaps Quake with bling and "mischief", Sock reinvents basic Quake. Talisa makes higher poly items for Drake, Dutch makes more intense animations for Quake, golden_boy uses a BSP hull to encapsulate completely non quake data....it's all over the place.
                              Very valuable, in what way, I do not know. But I see value in this statement. Scrooge McDuck would want that statement tossed into his money vault, thats how valuable I consider the statement.

Comment

Digging into my past , I find more shit that I wouldn't dare slap my name on in todays age...

http://quakeone.com/forums/quake-hel...-module-2.html <- Mindz farted a 3rd time, back in 2009.

Today is apparently my reflecting day on my past, and I don't enjoy what I see guys/gals.

I'm calling it a day, be back later. I think I've had my fill of my own failings.

sorry folks, thats best I can do at this time. doing better is what I can look forward to.

Comment

Working...
                                X