X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• adib
    replied
    Rule number one.

Kudos for the new rules. Great to see specially the #1. It's time for the forums to take action.

Leave a comment:

• Mindf!3ldzX
    replied
    I guess my current ISP said "U can not haz Quakeboard.net" , iunno.I'll try accessing it from a wifi hotspot next time im in gulfport see what happens.

Leave a comment:

• MadGypsy
    replied
    when I ping it I get the same thing but when I go to the site it works.

Leave a comment:

• Mindf!3ldzX
    replied
    must just be me, the only difference here is I use google dns I suppose.

can you ping quakeboard.net and get responses ? Whenever I ping quakeboard.net it resolves to the IP 216.128.99.154 , 100% timed out

Leave a comment:

• MadGypsy
    replied

Not sure if this matters but, I'm using firefox and avast. I have no popup blockers or any other safety features. I also don't have any of the default settings customized. This is my online computer and if I get some mal bullshit I just reset the whole thing. There is nothing on here for me to protect or back up.

Leave a comment:

• Mindf!3ldzX
    replied
    Originally posted by Baker View Post
    I went to quakeboard.net earlier in the week, it is up.
    Can you check again? I just tried, I get Connection took too long to respond everytime.

Leave a comment:

• Baker
    replied
    I went to quakeboard.net earlier in the week, it is up.

Leave a comment:

• Mindf!3ldzX
    replied
    Favorite Mindzy quote ever ...

I'll even let you have the "last words".

Btw ... your troll hard graphic, funny stuff!
    I'm pretty tame now days The most entertainment I get out of Quake lately, is sometimes I go to Shmack and get really snazzy compliments (actually more like sly off the wall cheater accusations).

btw I noticed the other day, that GameStatus is back, but Quakeboard.net is not back. I hope JackHole is doing okay. Last time I talked to Yugo2hecK he had gotten married and had a kid on the way. I think I'll email him and JackHole tomorrow.

Leave a comment:

• Baker
    replied
    Originally posted by Phenom View Post
    Really!

The internet gives people so many options and chances to escape situations that Almost anyone can be a 'troll' and get away with it these days.
    Favorite Mindzy quote ever ...

I'll even let you have the "last words".

Btw ... your troll hard graphic, funny stuff!

Leave a comment:

• Phenom
    replied
    ... "Why not just walk away?" ...
    Really!

The internet gives people so many options and chances to escape situations that Almost anyone can be a 'troll' and get away with it these days. It's staggering to think there are people who will willingly blast bast those saftey barrier just to get the last word in. Makes me think of the movie Die Hard only Bruce Willis is the internet troll and the bad guys would be admins... Come in, F'up the program and blow up the whole building if necessary... whatever it takes to put a speed bump in the 'evilness of men'. Troll Hard.

I made a graphic for forum trolls check it out! Just in time for Christmas!

Leave a comment:

• Baker
    replied
    Originally posted by Phenom View Post
    can't stop every argument
    Arguing isn't bad, it's awesome. The internet allows people to talk about things that maybe have a 2% chance of happening in real life.

You can grow from reading a good argument. And people can grow from participating in a bad argument too.

Any site worth visiting doesn't try to stop arguing Func_msgboard has some great mapping argument threads. I used to be on the receiving end of "bad coding practices" at Inside3D in my newbie coding days from MH and Spike and others.

Now flaming is a different story ... the use of profanity indicates a small mind or someone with feeble self-control. If someone flames, it is someone screaming "I am getting owned".

In that case, the right thing to do is to calmly keep irritating the person enough that they keep flaming until they learn self-control.

I mean, if you are flaming then apparently you don't have enough self-control to participate in that conversation, so keep annoying that person until they get that self-control. And if they don't, tough luck! I control me, if you can't control you then sucks to be you, I'm not responsible for you.

[So in my humble opinion, neither the intelligent argument nor the dumb one should be interfered with. Phenom -- obviously you remember a certain someone who I won't name that kept getting in over her head with arguments with Omicron and then demanded he be banned --- well, I was like "Why not just walk away?" or why don't you use "ignore member".]

Leave a comment:

• MadGypsy
    replied
    @Welcome Back - Thanks , welcome back to you, too :p.

I knew the mod/admin situation for the most part. My last post wasn't trying to imply we need more. I was just saying it shouldn't show their online status. I know this is mega small beans but, I personally believe viewing that page with straight "offline"s leaves the impression there is no enforcement. Possibly even a sense of abandonment.

edit: (lol I never stop editing) - Maybe instead of online status it could display the join date. This way the impression is more like "lifer" vs inactive.
    Last edited by MadGypsy; 12-19-2015, 01:36 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Phenom
    replied
    Originally posted by MadGypsy View Post
    It works and looks great but, primarily that is going to show people that most mods and admins are never online. I know there are other very easy ways to see if a person is online but that page is like an advertisement for "cat's away". Understand, I am of the belief that just the assumed presence of a mod/admin deters a portion of the garbage.

probably small beans, but there is my 2 cents.
    Welcome back MadGypsy!

Something else about the admin/mod list...
    2 out of 5 admins are active, unless Efess is still around? Frenzy was only briefly seen a while back and Yellow no.5 hasn't been active in years which basically leaves Sole and myself as admins.

2 out of 4 mods are active, Canadian*Sniper is a dirty lurker at best, and Rampage is rarely on... that leaves Mindz and Planetnine for mods.

The way I see it is the forums usually have fair weather with it's periodical bursts of storms that usually are handled by the current mods/admins. Sure we can't stop every argument but we may not need a lot of extra help, I get emails directly sent to my phone when there's a "Reported Post" and I'll check out the situation A.S.A.P, I don't catch every reported post before it's dealt with and sometimes it's a false positive but what would be the benefit of adding more mods at this point other then having the "Better to have it and not need it then to need it and not have it" mentality.

It's all up to Solecord though, just my thought.

____

As for the new rules, I like them, simple and easy to follow, good job Sole!

Leave a comment:

• ArrrCee
    replied
    Originally posted by Solecord View Post
    Added to the left Site Navigation block. I created a new section called "Site Info" with links to the rules and moderator list.

Let me know if you are unable to see the Moderator List.
    Originally posted by MadGypsy View Post
    It works and looks great but, primarily that is going to show people that most mods and admins are never online. I know there are other very easy ways to see if a person is online but that page is like an advertisement for "cat's away". Understand, I am of the belief that just the assumed presence of a mod/admin deters a portion of the garbage.

Sole, due to this if you're in need of more moderators to help out, I'm usually here daily looking for news and such anyway.

Leave a comment:

• MadGypsy
    replied

Leave a comment:

Working...
X