Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I feel a Quadcast coming on...

Comment

I feel a request reminder being reminded *cough I come From the Water / The Toadies cough*
      Want to get into playing Quake again? Click here for the Multiplayer-Startup kit! laissez bon temps rouler!

Comment

Haven't forgotten

Comment

I was going to write a reply to this earlier, but got distracted when I saw MH reply as I super-admire him as a role model and has expended great effort to teach me and push me to do better. I'm cut from the same cloth as Mindzfield and I never forget these kinds of acts.

Originally posted by Seven View Post
          It is good to see that you fight back...
          ...to all those people who didnt believe in you anymore
          It isn't important. Not to me. I am the kind of guy that gets ideas in my head and I am that stubborn that I'll see it to the end.

I'll destroy hopes, crush dreams and break hearts if that is what necessary to cross the finish line and I'll do it unapologetically and without remorse if that is what I feel is needed to win for the greater good. But for benign reasons. Last year several times I want to do a release, but thinking things through I logically reached the conclusion that the timing was wrong or that I felt the result would be ineffective (which to me seems useless, I imagine most will agree). This disappointed some, at the same time getting to the desired result is sometimes a messy business with detours and that desired result is more important than holding hands.

This game, maybe more than any other, had something on the right track. The idea of consigning that idea to dustbin of history is an idea I find offensive and after all the things id Software has open sourced more for this community than any other game, if we cannot do something productive with that ... what are we? I've expressed this kind of sentiment and reasoning before, but occasionally I feel it is important to say. Talk is all well and good, the concrete results are where it is at and that is where I go Thursday.
          Last edited by Baker; 04-16-2012, 10:05 PM.
          Quakeone.com - Being exactly one-half good and one-half evil has advantages. When a portal opens to the antimatter universe, my opposite is just me with a goatee.

So while you guys all have to fight your anti-matter counterparts, me and my evil twin will be drinking a beer laughing at you guys ...

Comment

*fires my nailgun wildly into the air*

Comment

Originally posted by Amon26 View Post
              *fires my nailgun wildly into the air*
              You know ... there is something important here I hope that never gets lost even in the kind of times that challenges ones resolve.

We have each other. We inspire each other. We are not alone.

Perhaps Amon26 represents this in an interesting way ... a picture he drew was featured in QuakeOne.com news item #1. We never really knew for sure whether or not this would take off back in 2005 during planning or in 2006 during a desperation launch of the site (Yellow No. 5 emailed me -- who was MIA at the time --- that a site important to Quake at that time had closed and we better move quick).

We were rather shocked back then. It sure reinforced my convictions as to why this game is important. I know Solecord was equally shocked at the time. I couldn't believe my eyes how many people registered and wondered where everyone came from.

In my heart, somewhere that lives in me. I know very few registered now were here to see that moment in 2006.
              Quakeone.com - Being exactly one-half good and one-half evil has advantages. When a portal opens to the antimatter universe, my opposite is just me with a goatee.

So while you guys all have to fight your anti-matter counterparts, me and my evil twin will be drinking a beer laughing at you guys ...

Comment

Originally posted by Baker View Post
                In my heart, somewhere that lives in me. I know very few registered now were here to see that moment in 2006.

I still remember the frantic email from mindz informing me in 06

Once I was banned from the quakeboard.net...
                I needed a new place to troll my way to the top.
                QuakeOne.com
                Quake One Resurrection

QuakeOne.com/qrack
                Great Quake engine

Qrack 1.60.1 Ubuntu Guide
                Get Qrack 1.60.1 running in Ubuntu!

Comment

Originally posted by Phenom View Post
                  I still remember the frantic email from mindz informing me in 06

Once I was banned from the quakeboard.net...
                  I needed a new place to troll my way to the top.
                  When this site started, we thought maybe 40 people would register (I worried it might be 15 to 25). Within a week it was over 100. A few of us knew each other, most of the people didn't know anyone else including the other people that no one else knew.

I wasn't alone in wondering where everyone was coming from or how they knew of the site. But everyone sure seemed to like Quake.

Comment

Huh, i Love Quake, i finished this again right now using FTEQW 3343 with old ATI TruForm and i love it much and much, i am dreaming to become programmer, i learning, i want to make source ports for my interest in games Quake, HeXen II, Quake III, Doom III. I love these games. HeXen II community raised, thanks to Baker who opened section Other Games, thanks to Inkub who maked first steps into retexturing of hexen2, and i found it and reported to everyone. QuakeOne is my home.
                    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Wx0Y_rQyqM]Quake with Ati TruForm and Bloom using FTEQW source port - YouTube[/ame]
                    Hexen:Edge of Chaos: News - my most awaiting game
                    Qtracker - for easy searching of Quake and HeXen II servers
                    HeXen II: All Source Ports List - i am collecting everything for HeXen II
                    HeXen II Files - under development
                    Me at Facebook - want play hexen2 multiplayer write me
                    hexen2 ftp
                    hexen2 maps, mods, addons, etc, torrent

Comment

Originally posted by WhiteMagicRaven View Post
                      thanks to Baker who opened section Other Games, thanks to Inkub who maked first steps into retexturing of hexen2, and i found it and reported to everyone. QuakeOne is my home.
                      When everyone saw the passion the Hexen II guys had and how there wasn't a centralized Hexen II community, it just looked like the right thing to do to share and help you guys.

Comment

Sooooo, thought I would let you know Baker, I'll be camped outside Quakeone.com Site News starting at 00:01hr Thursday.

Want to get into playing Quake again? Click here for the Multiplayer-Startup kit! laissez bon temps rouler!

Comment

You made my day Raven. Your video gave me a laughing "spell"

~er silver key door - nope still not open (LMAO)
                          ~oops lava
                          ~cmooon grenade, get up there
                          ~let's Close Quarters Battle some Demons with a GL

Funny stuff bro...
                          http://www.nextgenquake.com

Comment

Thanks =). I know it funny
                            Hexen:Edge of Chaos: News - my most awaiting game
                            Qtracker - for easy searching of Quake and HeXen II servers
                            HeXen II: All Source Ports List - i am collecting everything for HeXen II
                            HeXen II Files - under development
                            Me at Facebook - want play hexen2 multiplayer write me
                            hexen2 ftp
                            hexen2 maps, mods, addons, etc, torrent

Comment

Erm, theatralic much?

Anyway, I guess any kind of improvement is good. But will it give me proper lighting, a better map format and per poly collision?
                              Scout's Journey
                              Rune of Earth Magic

Comment

What?

No Linux version!?
                                WARNING
                                May be too intense for some viewers.
                                Stress Relief Device
                                ....BANG HEAD HERE....
                                ---------------------------
                                .--------------------------

Comment