Trouble with MP1 using DarkPlaces

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Seven View Post
    I wish LordHavoc would be around more often (just like all the other engine devs are)...
    He's a busy guy. And like I've said before, he's outnumbered 1853 to 1.

I don't think it is fair to ask LordHavoc to be around more, I think what would be more fair is for more people with an interest in DarkPlaces to step up to the plate and cut their teeth in engine coding.

Kind of like how you and others like you have managed to start to conquer QuakeC, CSQC and such.

On topic, either way I just wanted to communicate what I know and what I have experienced as a great solution. But I'm not always right about these things.
    Quakeone.com - Being exactly one-half good and one-half evil has advantages. When a portal opens to the antimatter universe, my opposite is just me with a goatee.

So while you guys all have to fight your anti-matter counterparts, me and my evil twin will be drinking a beer laughing at you guys ...

Comment

I have also a problem with Darkplaces Scourge of Armagon, in the first level you cannot open the yellow door even if you got the yellow key.
      Contradiction is truth. Fear is freedom. Rights are privileges. Job is a commodity. Ignorance is strength.

Comment

@ezzetabi

turn your back to the door, and strafe left and right backwards against the door a bit, after a moment of strafing against the door that way it should open

its a known bug, and that is the work-around

in another map of MP1 there is a similar bug, the map where you start falling out of a huge pipe followed by a bunch of gremlins.
        in that map a set of doors isnt opening at all, and the only work-around for that is using noclip to move through the door and then use noclip again
        are you curious about what all there is out there in terms of HD content for quake?
        > then make sure to check out my 'definitive' HD replacement content thread! <
        everything that is out there for quake and both mission-packs, compiled into one massive thread

Comment

Yeah... I stopped using darkplaces in that level ``the catacombs'' and now I am playing with quakespasm...
          Contradiction is truth. Fear is freedom. Rights are privileges. Job is a commodity. Ignorance is strength.

Comment

Working...
          X