Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Syluxguy28O3
    replied
    ah i was trying to remember the cvar to fix the pretty water. thanks.

Leave a comment:

• Condor-2-4-2
    replied
    I tried to activate the water effect directly in the ingame console and now it works!

Is there a command to deactivate the visibilty of the players body when I walk in the water?

Leave a comment:

• Condor-2-4-2
    replied
    Hello Talisa,

the mod is already activated in the config file, but the green slime doesn't appear.

Leave a comment:

• talisa
    replied
    open console and type
    r_water 1

Leave a comment:

• Condor-2-4-2
    replied
    green slime

Hello,

in the picture below you can see that there is no green slime visible.
    I use the DP Pretty Water Mod v0.55 with the Darkplaces Epsilon-Build. The transparent water is shown normal.

My system is Windows 7 Home 64bit and the graficscard is GeForce GTX 470.

Can anyone tell me how to activate the slime texture?

Thanks for your reply,

Condor-2-4-2
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• talisa
    replied
    webangel has made a shader for MP1 SoA aka HIPNOTIC blood liquid
    http://quakeone.com/forums/quake-mod...n-liquids.html

you could mod that shader so it gets used for zerstoreres blood

Leave a comment:

• IronWarfare
    replied
    Some mods (Zerstorer for example) uses blood as liquid. Would be great to have it in high quality as these water/lava/slime

Leave a comment:

• Seven
    replied
    Originally posted by sock View Post
    I still can't believe how difficult it is to get documentation on DP, having to guess what things do is extremely frustrating.
    Hello sock,

I was in the exact same situation when I first tinkered with dp_water shader or effectinfo syntax.
    I didnt know about the DP-Wiki at that time and I had to change every value one after the other to see what has changed in-game...

But the DP-Wiki (as it was in the condition when Error hosted it) explained everything pretty well. Since it went down, Chip hosts an older backup copy on his page. It only lacks a few things.

An engine coder would suggest you to read the individual features inside the .c files
    What means a lot of to *normal* persons like us, who are not familiar with .c files and their language....

But you are correct, all the "not-so-much-used" features are not well documented.
    This also applies to all other engines by the way.
    And lets not start talking about CSQC here

Best of luck,
    Seven

Leave a comment:

• sock
    replied
    @Seven, thanks for the thread link, it is perfect. I wish I had found that forum post last weekend, it would have saved me hours of trying to guess what the parameters do! I still can't believe how difficult it is to get documentation on DP, having to guess what things do is extremely frustrating.

If there was ever a good reason for a sticky thread it would be for links to stuff like that thread over at inside3d. As much as it is awesome to see the example water effects and other DP downloads, it would have been more useful to me to understand what the parameters do!

Leave a comment:

• Seven
    replied
    Hello sock,

Urre and Zombie started the developement of the "DP pretty water".
    That was 2007 as far as my memory goes...

There is a very interesting thread at inside3d, which you might want to read: here
    It covers many of DPīs r_water 1 shaders.

The DP wiki had some more explanations, but it is down
    Chipīs backup of it lacks this part unfortunately. But you should read the "Material creation" chapter nonetheless.
    There is also a "darkplaces.txt" file which comes with the DP engine download in main folder.
    Scroll it completely down to read some explanations.

I am sure you will be able to do wonderful stuff with it.
    Just be careful and keep an eye on your fps-counter when using these shader-keywords.
    (just in case you didnt do it yet, you need to enable "r_water" to "1")

Best of luck,
    Seven

Leave a comment:

• sock
    replied
    @Seven, awesome stuff! Is there documentation anywhere on the internet that explains what all the parameters do for dp_water, dp_reflect and dp_refract?

Leave a comment:

• webangel
    replied
    Sevens Pretty Water pack

Leave a comment:

• Thuriam
    replied
    Can't download pretty water!

Quaketastic is down can you fix the download link?

Leave a comment:

• talisa
    replied
    haha yeah its awesome, innit?

Leave a comment:

• webangel
    replied

I love this smiley.

Sorry again for hijacking your thread Seven. I wont make a new one for things which so few people are using...

Leave a comment:

Working...
X