No announcement yet.

"DP New-Lava" Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My only idea would be forced on graphical options. Like on ATI Cards - you can use the Cataylst software to force on 8x Anti Aliasing and other various options - would you have something like that enabled as forcing it to a certain value and then using ingame options to again set it to the same thing can cause massive drops. In UT2k4 I had this issue, 8x AA and 16x AF forced on my card, UT2k4's options set to same - about 20fps - set the ingame options to lowest - 60fps steady (V-Sync enabled). Could be the same situation if you have these.

Comment

I noticed that I only have this issue when I'm running it with "DP new teleporter". Separately the game runs fine.. o.o
      200 aņos de mi querido PARAGUAY
      14/05/1811

Comment

Hello daniocampo1992,

You will have a FPS decrease when using these:
        - "DP pretty water"
        - "DP New teleport"

You will have no FPS decrease when using:
        - "DP New Lava"

You can mix them just as you want, there will be no problem. The game will run fine.
        Just be aware, that when you use one of the above two, your FPS will decrease.

Have fun.
        Seven

Comment

Oops! You right Seven.. It's just the teleport that severely drops my fps..
          I'll have to play without them..
          Thanks anyways!
          200 aņos de mi querido PARAGUAY
          14/05/1811

Comment

Im posting this just as a question and in no way to be a jerk. Can we please cut down to 1 thread about Darkplaces Weather & Beauty effects?
            Rambo[RuM]
            I support:
            Quakeone.com ..... of Course!
            Qrack - Thank You r00k
            Yayo Industries - Thank you frenzy
            Zero CTF - Thanks mono

Comment

I see them as fine. They replace different things. It'd be the same as asking someone to release their SP map and DM map in a single thread. Same thing (a map) but different purpose (gameplay). His weather effects needed a separate release because him adding them itself was a mod - he had to edit the source code and then add the "effect spawner" to each map manually.
              This here, is something completely different from weather - so having it in a thread about weather effects doesn't make too much sense.

I have suggested this in the past of a more divided releases thread:
              Models (Reskins/monsters/weapons/powerups/items)
              Textures (World Textures ala QRP/Water/Lava)
              Other (HUD/Sounds/ect)

Comment

Maybe I am ignorant or just plain blind, but is there a way to filter them? I am not being mean but I could care less about darkplaces and its multiple mods for eye candy. What Im getting at is i like to check "new posts" but I guess I'm just irritated with the "weather effects" being a newly posted topic everyday. Thats in no way to be mean or not to say it isnt awesome. I just dont use darkplaces/cannot use darkplaces and therefore dont honestly care about it at all. I know the simple solution is do what I been doing and just ignore them cause the majority does care but when you dont come on for a couple days and theres 150 new posts, its just tedious to filter out the "ones you dont care for." Sorry for being winded just trying to explain myself without painting a "d-bag" attitude about my persona. Also yes for anyone that was going to comment, I do realize im going against what im trying to fight by posting to this thread.
                Rambo[RuM]
                I support:
                Quakeone.com ..... of Course!
                Qrack - Thank You r00k
                Yayo Industries - Thank you frenzy
                Zero CTF - Thanks mono

Comment

It's something I do feel we do need to expand on. However this is mainly the decision of Solecord or Baker. I will bring it to their attention again - as the community IS expanding and judging from amount of releases in 2010 compared to 2009 is HUGE. So 2011 can easily have more releases and we already do have a fair amount of releases out in this year alone.
                  Filtering would be hard to do, simply because that would require a tagging system and if we added tags for "Darkplaces compatible" "Qrack compatible" if someone checked off "Darkplaces Compatible" they will also then not get mods that are compatible with Qrack AND Darkplaces. So right now the best option, click new posts - check all the ones that interest you and then click "Mark forums read"

Comment

This looks awesome, thanks seven. I wish that I had seen this earlier.

Comment

Absolutely beautiful Seven, keep up the good work
                      uakene.com

Comment

Yeah it looks very nice !
                        My servers for the gamers:
                        bigfoot.servequake.com / damage.servequake.com

port 26000 EuroQuake
                        port 26001 EuroQuake Coop

newyork.quakeone.com
                        Offline ATM
                        fvf.servequake.com
                        flanders.servegame.org / flanders.servequake.com
                        Offline ATM
                        newdm.servequake.com
                        port 26010

http://bigfoot.servequake.com (EuroQuake)
                        sigpic

Comment

Hello

this lava looks very good and the shader effect is nicely done.

id like to also see heat haze or some other effect.

good work Seven

regards

Sean

Comment

Originally posted by seanstar View Post
                            id like to also see heat haze or some other effect. good work Seven
                            heat haze would be incredible

Comment

UPDATE 20111031:

Dear all,

A shader modification was necessary due to usage of new Lava haze effect.
                              (available in a different download)
                              In previous V0.2 the "blendfunc" command prevented the nice visual haze effect.

Please find new update in 1st post.

Best regards,
                              Seven

Comment

Hello Seven,
                                your Screenshot looks amazing!

Comment

Working...
                                X