This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Mathuzzz View Post
    I remember that happened to me in the official maps also. Donīt know the reason though. Isnīt the brush/poly on which the golem stays broken?
    Tried a few other configurations without luck, even recompiled one of the official maps and wound up with the same problem. With further testing, it looks like the Bronze and Iron golems are the only monsters with this issue, the others all display at the proper height.
    MapConv - A tool for building quake engine based levels in Hammer. Updated FGDs and in-editor models also available.

Comment

• the bronze and iron golems implicitly use hull 5. the crystal and stone golems explicitly use hull 1.
      sounds like the engine's gl_model.c:Mod_LoadClipnodes: (hull = &loadmodel->hulls[5]hull->clip_mins[2] = -50; line is incorrect and does not match the value in the qbsp that you're using.
      Some Game Thing

Comment

• Originally posted by Spike View Post
        the bronze and iron golems implicitly use hull 5. the crystal and stone golems explicitly use hull 1.
        sounds like the engine's gl_model.c:Mod_LoadClipnodes: (hull = &loadmodel->hulls[5]hull->clip_mins[2] = -50; line is incorrect and does not match the value in the qbsp that you're using.
        Sounds like a likely culprit, thank you! Can't say I've managed to find a compiler that makes this work with original Hexen II or UQE yet however.
        MapConv - A tool for building quake engine based levels in Hammer. Updated FGDs and in-editor models also available.

Comment

• Originally posted by Amran View Post
          Tried a few other configurations without luck, even recompiled one of the official maps and wound up with the same problem. With further testing, it looks like the Bronze and Iron golems are the only monsters with this issue, the others all display at the proper height.
          Originally posted by Spike View Post
          the bronze and iron golems implicitly use hull 5. the crystal and stone golems explicitly use hull 1.
          Spike seems correct. If you haven't already, try using qbsp from the original "h2_utils" instead of the one from "h2mputil" or from hexen2utils from uhexen2 or uqe.
          Link for Raven's original h2_utils for original hexen2 game: http://www.gamers.org/pub/idgames2/h...l/unsupported/
          Link for Raven's later h2mputil for the mission pack: http://www.gamers.org/pub/idgames2/hexen2/ravenstuff/

Comment

• Originally posted by szo View Post
            Spike seems correct. If you haven't already, try using qbsp from the original "h2_utils" instead of the one from "h2mputil" or from hexen2utils from uhexen2 or uqe.
            Link for Raven's original h2_utils for original hexen2 game: Index of /pub/idgames2/hexen2/official/unsupported
            Link for Raven's later h2mputil for the mission pack: Index of /pub/idgames2/hexen2/ravenstuff
            Ah, perfect. I had been looking for the official tools to test this and they solve the problem. Thank you for all the help!

Comment

• Originally posted by Amran View Post
              Ah, perfect. I had been looking for the official tools to test this and they solve the problem. Thank you for all the help!
              In uhexen2, I can add a -h2mp command line switch to qbsp: without it it can use h2-orig hull sizes, and with it it can use h2mp hull sizes. Would that be useful?

Spike: any better soulution/suggestion to this mp mess?

Comment

• I seem to remember there being some worldspawn spawnflag to say that a map was made for the missionpack or not. presumably the hull sizes in the engine+qbsp should be inferred from that flag.
                Some Game Thing

Comment

• The worldspawn flag doesn't seem to affect anything immediately noticeable for me, although Eye of Horus alludes to a number of changes.

I've also been busy revising the HexenII FDG to go along with the wads and converter released earlier. I noticed that across the four different entity definition files I could find, they were all missing or had incorrect keys, flags, and entries. (Even Eye of Horus has holes in its documentation) Almost every entity has been redone, but I'm quite certain there's more yet to find and clean up. If anyone sees errors or knows of more missing/excess keys let me know! It can be downloaded here.

Comment

• Originally posted by Legend View Post
                    I noticed on the OP's site ( Hexen 2 Texture Pack )that there is a link to download the lit files for Portal of Praevus, but it doesn't seem to work. When I click the link, I get this:

"FileServe can only be used to download and retrieve files that you have uploaded personally.
                    If this file belongs to you, please login to download it directly from your file manager."

I was wondering if anyone might have them uploaded somewhere else or know where to find a working link?
                    Hello! All the FileServe files there are "dead". I was looking for the Texture Pack, but I can't find it anywhere! Does anybody still got it?

Could you upload it to MediaFire, torrent...? Thanks!!

Comment

• Hello to fans of the legendary Hexen2
                      I just updated my site with a map from the name dm1byrino in deathmatch mod based on the Apocalypse Bots
                      made in the style of Q3dm1 Quake3 from id Software

Quake3 is another game that I was passionate about what I have created a collection of maps by JonnYReds

What do you think of missionpack dedicated to Hexen2

Thanks to all

Rino

Comment

• Originally posted by tretiak View Post
                        Hello! All the FileServe files there are "dead". I was looking for the Texture Pack, but I can't find it anywhere! Does anybody still got it?

Could you upload it to MediaFire, torrent...? Thanks!!
                        ftp://hexen2:[email protected]/h2tp/
                        Hexen:Edge of Chaos: News - my most awaiting game
                        Qtracker - for easy searching of Quake and HeXen II servers
                        HeXen II: All Source Ports List - i am collecting everything for HeXen II
                        HeXen II Files - under development
                        Me at Facebook - want play hexen2 multiplayer write me
                        hexen2 ftp
                        hexen2 maps, mods, addons, etc, torrent

Comment

• Thanks a lot!

Comment

• Originally posted by rino View Post
                            hello to fans of the legendary hexen2
                            i just updated my site with a map from the name dm1byrino in deathmatch mod based on the apocalypse bots
                            made in the style of q3dm1 quake3 from id software

quake3 is another game that i was passionate about what i have created a collection of maps by jonnyreds

what do you think of missionpack dedicated to hexen2

thanks to all :d

rino
                            yes please!

Comment

• Originally posted by Rino View Post
                              Hello to fans of the legendary Hexen2
                              I just updated my site with a map from the name dm1byrino in deathmatch mod based on the Apocalypse Bots
                              made in the style of Q3dm1 Quake3 from id Software

Quake3 is another game that I was passionate about what I have created a collection of maps by JonnYReds

What do you think of missionpack dedicated to Hexen2

Thanks to all

Rino
                              A fun and well detailed level, great work! Thank you for developing new content for Hexen II, and I do hope to see more in the future as well.

Comment

• @metalseed:

Hello metalseed below the links of my site with links to missionpack by rino dedicated to Hexen2 are new episodes in single player classic hub Blackmarsh. enjoy

@Amran:

Amran thank you very much and I'm glad you enjoyed it with missionpack dedicated to Hexen2

Now I put the map dm1byrino available, based on the Apocalypse mod Bots built Q3dm1 style of Quake3 in deathmatch.

Soon I will raise another deathmatch map derived from mp2

I decided to radically change our maps mp1 ... but this I do when I have time.
                                bye

Comment

Working...
                                X