Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Grzybiarz
    replied
    I just beaten this and here is what i think about this mod.

It is awesome. I think you all should try it out. When you launch the mod you are welcomed with nice demo, and changed default map (so you dont have to put anything in console or autoexec). Map that is loaded when you choose to start the next game is a really nice skill level choosing level. Looks awesome, and shows, how much mappers care about details. You need to see it yourself.

When you choose Difficulty you start the game (of course :p). First two maps are made just like First levels of original episodes of Quake. Millitary bases, slipgates, textures like from science fiction, and stuff. Next levels resembles episode two, and then EP three. There is even a level with those pipes, we all love. Worth noticing is that there is not much flying monsters, and there is no piranhas, at least on normal Difficulty, but there is a ton of shamblers and vores at the last levels.

When you reach the last level, you'll be suprised by how much it resembles original last level, from 1996. You dont fight shub-***** but this level is still the most difficult, just as the last level should be.

When you beat the last level you are took back to the skill chosing level. It is a shame, for me, because there is no epic text, which we all love, just at the end of each episode of original quake. This is the only issue of this mod though.

To be honest, i dont really like any games made by machine games, but this mod is propably my new favourite mappack for the original quake. Not only because of nostalgic and beautiful level design, but also for it's compatibility with vanilla quake, and even the PSP Proquake.

Highly recommended.

Leave a comment:

• Adam
    replied
    Was playing on Nightmare.

Just got to Dark Days.

I am rethinking my difficulty choice.

Will return to it in a while.

Nice map design, balanced well, textures all lined up. Awesome.

Leave a comment:

• Dutch
    replied
    This gets better and better!! Thank you machine games!

Leave a comment:

• ArrrCee
    replied
    This is awesome! I Just added it to the growing crop of news. If you guys see more 20th Anniversary news, let me know!

Leave a comment:

• Patrol1985
    replied
    That's a superb gift from Machine Games! Make sure to add that info to the news about Quake's 20th anniversary

Leave a comment:

• Hipnotic Rogue
    started a topic Dopa

Dopa

Happy birthday Quake!

Here's some slightly more interesting news than the imminent release of Quake Live 2...

https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2016/06/24/free-quake/

I haven't played it yet but as soon as I hit the "Submit New Thread" button I'll be booting up Quakespasm for a new bit of official Quake.
Working...
X