Seems like the anti cheat...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by the_f0qer View Post
    Wow, people really do cheat at Quake 1. Sad.
    sad, sad, sad
    Thank you for not attributing "Holidays" as a cause.

Conveniently enough, during Holiday season Quake was actually running full swing. I vividly remember servers being a lot more packed during holiday season as people spent more time at home, and around their computers.

Interestingly, I would think its the opposite, work nights, fatigue from work, or nights before work people SHOULD play less.

Not that there are any facts to back any of these thoughts up, but throughout my time I remember Quake during holidays was more popular.

Oh well, we can only wait and see, but so far the outlook is bleak.

Comment

Doom.
      "It may disturb you. It scares the willies out of me. " -Slartibartfast

Comment

Originally posted by IEEE 802.11 View Post
        Holidays.
        I hate Madonna. er um i mean pre-2000...now she's just a mom, hmm but then so is Brit nevermind.
        Last edited by R00k; 01-04-2008, 10:05 PM.
        www.quakeone.com/qrack | www.quakeone.com/cax| http://en.twitch.tv/sputnikutah

Comment

I have to go out on a limb here. Most of us have been playing quake together for the better part of 10 years. In that time we know the talented vs those week-end warriors (me). We see pics on this site of each other, we talk on irc, forums and mm1. I must say, this is a family; if a lil loose nit. But, what the hell. Why, after all this, should anyone be compelled to cheat? It's like cousin Larry balled as my ass wearing a toupee to the family reunion. Maybe its the ego. Surely its not the newbie factor cause newbs cant code cheats nor get the underground leverage of clan hacks. Pfft. I say this to the cheaters out there dragging down the community. FUck You!

For the rest of us, chin up! Play Quake!
          www.quakeone.com/qrack | www.quakeone.com/cax| http://en.twitch.tv/sputnikutah

Comment

Ha Ha! I never understood why such a good player like me would be in the lower ranks of the scoreboard on those CA servers. Now the anti-cheat/hack module is installed and the CA pros dissapear into thin air with no explanation. Which brings me to the conclusion that the whole CA games were rigged and full of cheats and hacks all this time. ROFL.

I played recently on CA servers (Dredd) and all of a sudden it did not feel as difficult, LOL, *poof* cheats dissapear.

Comment

I have a different theory.

The server is just full of jerks who hate newbs and now the newbs feel they have a better chance so they're playing there more.

The jerks threaten them with statements like "We should be able to use vote-kick" and calling them retards, then, when it seems the newb is going to be there for more than 5 minutes the jerks disconnect to do whatever else it is they can do with their so-called lives.

Comment

Originally posted by IEEE 802.11 View Post
                I have a different theory.

The server is just full of jerks who hate newbs and now the newbs feel they have a better chance so they're playing there more.

The jerks threaten them with statements like "We should be able to use vote-kick" and calling them retards, then, when it seems the newb is going to be there for more than 5 minutes the jerks disconnect to do whatever else it is they can do with their so-called lives.
                This is a complete joke and thats what makes it far from the truth..

rook, i agree and I hope this doesn't damage the game.. but it had a little steroids in baseball feel to it.. it might not be as grand a stage, but it certainly is some powerful evidence as one of the few reasons why such a large chunk of the server is gone abruptly after playing there night in and night out prior to the anti-cheat..

Assume what you will, at least now I know whoever I'm playing with is legit..
                funny enough, some players I've played with now all of a sudden have regressed in talent tremendously after years of being much better than what they are now.. I cannot name names.. but its very noticeable..

Comment

too many players were just "very good"

i'm sorry but a minority of the players in any game is usually that good.
                  then the middle is mediocre
                  and you have your bad players

the problem with ca is that theres a shitload of people who are good but like half of them are cheating and most of us know it - and this totally revealed it.

owned.

Comment

For once I agree with omi
                    e|------------------------0---------------
                    B|---------------0^1----------------1----
                    G|---------------2------2------0^2-------
                    D|---------------2-------2--2-------------
                    A|---------------0------------------------
                    E|----------------------------------------

Comment

Originally posted by Rampage View Post
                      This is a complete joke and thats what makes it far from the truth..
                      Actually, that just happened to me word for word when I played there before I posted it. Far as if that's why there would be few players, that's just the guessing part.

I hate those "retarded anti-newbs" who think they own the game.

Comment

We're not anti-newb, the problem is my friend there is a great rift between the bad players and the great players at CA, it makes the best players in CA a little impatient in terms of who they play.

Comment

it wasn't too hard to notice, many of the regulars are now gone..

When the anti cheat went up a few people predicted it would kill the server.. so far so good..

I don't really understand why there were so many cheaters in the first place, it's an old game, there is no competitive league, and there is no reputation to behold..

I think it's great this anti-cheat came out, am I happier to find out that a quarter or more of the server regulars were most likely cheating? .. not exactly, but regardless.. at least now I know whoever I play with is legit..

I was hoping this would help entice people to play CA more or Quake for that matter but it appears the complete opposite has happened.

edit: shok imagine what will happen if the anti-cheat goes up on rage?
                          NQ as we know it will be over..

for all u dumbass's.... u can still use several exe's on speaknow... dont know who said u cant or who supposivly installed an "anti cheat"

Comment

Originally posted by al-dond View Post
                            for all u dumbass's.... u can still use several exe's on speaknow... dont know who said u cant or who supposivly installed an "anti cheat"

Oh yea, you must've tested it huh?

Since the anti-cheat came out, you haven't been on the server once, so I like your false claims, just like in the other thread.

Think before you type, it might make a world of a difference.

Comment

Oh yea, you must've tested it huh?

Since the anti-cheat came out, you haven't been on the server once, so I like your false claims, just like in the other thread.

Think before you type, it might make a world of a difference.
                              i play everynight you moron... haha

Comment

maybe u should think before u type.

Comment

Working...
                                X