Abyss of Pandemonium

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nice work.

The original had error messages galore on the first map (but worked mostly) and crashed at some point on the 2nd map. I look forward to trying to play this through.
    Quakeone.com - Being exactly one-half good and one-half evil has advantages. When a portal opens to the antimatter universe, my opposite is just me with a goatee.

So while you guys all have to fight your anti-matter counterparts, me and my evil twin will be drinking a beer laughing at you guys ...

Comment

!!! that gun..with the big spike [i already forgot wut it called] but

i was thinking of somthing like that earlier for my mod, was gonna call it "the cruz3fiyer" and.. well make things gib on contact [well enought to kill a shambler, but i was gonna exparament with it and make it do 40000000 or so damage to kill shub! ... they took my idea before i thought it up!!

oh its the "Rocket Powered Impaler" ... hmm thats a much better name

hehehe u dont need to rocket jump!, u can fly across the levels with the impaler if u keep shooting!! AWSOME
      Last edited by metchsteekle; 08-16-2008, 12:16 AM.

Comment

Hello, I experienced a bug when playing with the new AOP running with nehquake. It is the fiend that is guarding the gold key door. I let fiend see me, then I quickly step back. The fiend lunged at me. However, it freezed at the corner at kept it's lounging pose. Then I could shoot it until I killed it. This bug did not happen when I ran AOP with DPnehahra.exe

Comment

This is a bug in Quake. Stubgaard (a speedrunner) has had this happen to hmi a few times in the past, I remember seeing demos and saved games of this happening on e4m3 and e2m7. DP doesn't allow this bug to work, although I don't know why.

Also... DPnehahra.exe? That sounds like it could potentially be a very old build...
          16:03:04 <gb> when I put in a sng, I think I might need nails
          16:03:30 <gb> the fact that only playtesting tells me that probably means that my mind is a sieve

Comment

We occasionnally found custom monsters stuck in walls during the tests.
            It is listed as a known bug.

But, there's also a list of preferred engines for this mod.
            Using an old or inappropriate engine may increase the risk of malfunctions...

Comment

Is it legal to use the custom monsters and weapons of AOP to create other maps now? I always wanted to see more of them. Maybe mix them with quoth and SOA and DOE stuff?

Comment

Do you mean map directly for AoP or to use the content in another mod? Yes to the first, and I'm not sure about the second...
                16:03:04 <gb> when I put in a sng, I think I might need nails
                16:03:30 <gb> the fact that only playtesting tells me that probably means that my mind is a sieve

Comment

Originally posted by Lardarse View Post
                  Do you mean map directly for AoP or to use the content in another mod? Yes to the first, and I'm not sure about the second...
                  Well, I was wondering if there are more maps that used AOP stuff, and one of the custom monsters from travail seems to be based on a monster from AOP.

Comment

Been a while!

I haven't been around lately so I thought I'd check in. Anything I can help with?

Comment

Yeah, I've unzipped all the files, but how do you actually run the mod?

Comment

crux: To run, use the following command-line string:

<insert name of Quake port of choice here> -game impel

It will probably be easiest to just insert that into a batch file. Have the big funs!

In other news, I actually bought this online right after it was released to retail. Had to get it shipped in from the UK, but I was psyched. After all, this was an (unofficial) retail mission pack, and by the time AoP was released the commercial market for Quake add-ons had mostly dried up.

I wasn't (and am still not) nuts about the music, but there were a lot of really great ideas that shined through. Overall I give it a solid 7/10, and wouldn't mind mixing and matching some of the creatures in this mod with the Quoth bestiary...

Comment

Cheers! Just had to rename the folder in the quake directory too.

Comment

This is an awesome release, but it would be nice if the original Abyss soundtrack was uploaded somewhere, so I can play it with the original music!

Cybermind, if you are still around - could we get the original soundtrack uploaded somewhere?

Comment

Originally posted by Cybermind View Post
                              For us, it was a real victory, doing our very first commercial boxed game [...]. We fought against a huge company half way around the world, and with the help of the development and gaming communities we kicked their asses and made it front page news.
                              Way to put yourself in the right nostalgic light, Cybermind.

If I remember correctly, upon closing the project you flipped out and released the whole addon for free on your webpage without discussing it with the team. At least I was never consulted about this. Doing so you screwed us from ever being paid. Well done.

Even if the whole deal would have turned out to be a ripoff, your immature behaviour was the most annoying event that happened in my whole quake1/2 modding days.

Anyway, thanks to everyone on this forum who still enjoys my quake1 work. It even made me reinstall the game and revisit it.

Regarding AoP, I still have my copy including the audio tracks. Not sure about the legal status about uploading them somewhere thou. I don't remeber who was responsible for the audio work.

Marcus 'mexx' Dromowicz

Comment

Oh dear, that explains why it is so rare.
                                Quake 1 Singleplayer Maps and Mods

Comment

Working...
                                X