No announcement yet.

Insomnia ProQuake 4.71 Engine + MOD Compilation [Sony PSP]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You can do everything you want with rapture but mipmap shouldnt be switched on. Because it doesent causes these crashes.

I think that config share fir every mod should be switched on at default.

Comment

The code below is set by engine defaults (when no config.cfg supplied):

Code:
      cl_bobcycle 0.6;
      cl_bob 0.02; // said .2 but it was WAY too jarring, I think you meant .02?
      cl_bobup 0.5;

You can delete all the configs in your Insomnia mod folders . It will now load the one in the ID1 folder by default. Be sure there are NO config.cfg folders in your mod folders, because it will use the modfolder config.cfg and overwrite your ID1 config.cfg. Stupid bug, I'll have to figure out a solution for that. I'm removing all config.cfg's from all the mod folders for the next official release.

Also, set vertical aim to an on/off switch! On is "0.93" and off is "1"

If you add "-setmodmusic" to your quake.cmdline, it will default on in the prompt menu. I will add this permanently to the quake.cmdline, unless you suggest otherwise! Same applies if you want texture filtering on by default.

Code:
      -prompt -cpu333 -heap 33 -setmodmusic -linear
      That will set the cpu speed to default to 333 on prompt menu, heapsize 33 on prompt menu, will set modmusic to be default on prompt menu and will set Texture Filtering "On" on prompt menu.

DOWNLOAD DEVELOPMENT INSOMNIA PROQUAKE 471 REV4.1

Comment

I just discovered that this "texture scale down" option in Misc menu, doesent do anything but by that, it makes both expansion packs work properly when it is on. I think you should remove an option to disable it.

Heap can be set to 36. I played every mod on that set and all of them (except rapture, and those new ones (i didnt checked them yet)) seems to be in order. When heap is set to 33 Dissolution of Eternity will most likely not load, so you should set it to 36 as default.

Also, put -zone 1024 in quake.cmdline. Frogbot recommends to do so, so i dont see a reason not to do it

Everything else you put in quake.cmdline is all good.

Tommorow i'll check that new eboot (in Poland it is actually a 1:40 AM so i wish all of you good night).

Comment

Sounds good and good night!

Little note: I noticed that easyaim is dependent on vertical aim being enabled, so in the menus now, easyaim is a bit indented under the parent of sv_aim, and when its turned on, it will auto turn on sv_aim.

Comment

Originally posted by Grzybiarz View Post
            put -zone 1024 in quake.cmdline. Frogbot recommends to do so, so i dont see a reason not to do it
            That increases the memory allocation to a buffer --- the higher that number is then the less there is for the actual game. It's in kb so 1024 is 1 mega byte. But playing with that number reduces memory available for the rest of the game.

@Dark_Duke you should do this real quick:

Click Quake Navigator then click Resources then click "Console Commands" then click "Quake console commands" then click Command Line Parameters and scroll to Zone (or smarter press CTRL+F and type "zone". (I intentionally didn't provide a direct link, but rather a method to find the item). And it says what it does.

Anyway:

Search the engine source for case sensitive all upper case "DEFAULT" --- one of them is something like DEFAULT_ZONE_MEMORY (I think) --- it may already be 1024 or maybe it isn't.
            Quakeone.com - Being exactly one-half good and one-half evil has advantages. When a portal opens to the antimatter universe, my opposite is just me with a goatee.

So while you guys all have to fight your anti-matter counterparts, me and my evil twin will be drinking a beer laughing at you guys ...

Comment

Ahhh, well lookey there! It's already set :-)

Code:
              #define	ZONE_DEFAULT_SIZE	0x100000   // 1Mb
              /*
              ========================
              Memory_Init
              ========================
              */
              void Memory_Init (void *buf, int size)
              {
              	int p, zonesize = ZONE_DEFAULT_SIZE;

hunk_base = buf;
              	hunk_size = size;
              	hunk_low_used = 0;
              	hunk_high_used = 0;

Cache_Init ();
              	if ((p = COM_CheckParm("-zone")) && p + 1 < com_argc)
              			zonesize = atoi (com_argv[p+1]) * 1024;

mainzone = Hunk_AllocName (zonesize, "zone" );
              	Z_ClearZone (mainzone, zonesize);

Cmd_AddCommand ("hunk_print", Hunk_Print_f); //johnfitz
              }
              Edit: Quake Navigator is awesome! You need to move that one way higher up on the sidebar!
              Last edited by Dark_Duke; 07-04-2016, 07:05 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Dark_Duke View Post
                Edit: Quake Navigator is awesome! You need to move that one way higher up on the sidebar!
                If people actually read stuff then why would there be forums?

People really need other people to help sort stuff out. Just the way it is.
                Quakeone.com - Being exactly one-half good and one-half evil has advantages. When a portal opens to the antimatter universe, my opposite is just me with a goatee.

So while you guys all have to fight your anti-matter counterparts, me and my evil twin will be drinking a beer laughing at you guys ...

Comment

There is a bug with switching the vertical support on and off. When it is off you cant change it by pressing X, only by pressing left arrow. Every other option in menus are changable by both of this methods. Vertical support itself works just as it should.

Comment

Is it normal i cannot switch to previous weapon ? I can switch to next weapon.

Comment

Originally posted by WarDrone View Post
                      Is it normal i cannot switch to previous weapon ? I can switch to next weapon.
                      I noticed that a few times before, though at some point it had corrected itself for me. I'll have to dig and look at what may be causing it

EDIT: "Some mods don't support previous weapon (such as vanilla quake), but it should normally be impulse 12." Ah. Apparently the original vanilla Quake did not support previous weapon switching. It is supported in a lot of mods however, as well as one of the official expansions. If you wanted to, you could download "pakexplr" , navigate to your id1 folder, open up pak0.pak with pakexplorer, and simply drag this file and overwrite your old progs.dat

I just compiled it... gotta love QuakeC
                      Last edited by Dark_Duke; 07-05-2016, 11:46 AM.

Comment

There is a bug with switching the vertical support on and off. When it is off you cant change it by pressing X, only by pressing left arrow. Every other option in menus are changable by both of this methods. Vertical support itself works just as it should.
                        I'll have to write up a little code for that one. Currently, it's only capable of doing that because the values are not simply "On" or "Off" and its really almost a bit of a faux slider with fixed ends, with the visible words "On" being at "0.93" and the visible word "Off" being at "1".

When something is "Off" by general means, its zero. That doesn't work in our situation with sv_aim unfortunately, because 0 is actually on! Hence the faux slider.

I'll write some sort of reference/alias so that when alias_aimvalue is at 1, "ON", sv_aim is at ".93" and when alias_aimvalue is at 0, "OFF", sv_aim equals "1" and then return it from a faux-slider to a real ON/OFF checkbox with the full functionality as the other menu options (that aren't sliders). Between you and me, I didn't think anybody would notice! You are very perceptive

Comment

It sure looks like I am :p

Sorry to make you do so much for a single option in menu.

Comment

It sure looks like I am :p

Sorry to make you do so much for a single option in menu.
                            Hahahaha no its okay. It's the right way to do it, more user friendly!

Comment

Hey Grzybiarz, any other feature requests/bug fixes? Full to-do for revision 4 is now listed on the main thread post. Let me know if there is anything else!

Comment

Ok, but im short of ideas right now :p

You can make picked up keys visible in hud, when you chose a last but one screen size.

You should delete that instruction from the bottom of the screen in menu that says "press Square to open a console" because it lies.

You can also try to repair that hud in Dissolution of Eternity. In scourge of armagon it works, if you play in hypnotic mode.

You can also add fov changing slider. That would be nice.

That is all that comes to my mind, right now. I'll let you know if i think of something else

Comment

Working...
                                X