Insomnia ProQuake 4.71 Engine + MOD Compilation [Sony PSP]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

https://youtu.be/3y1hJadXgQU
    Here is a brief video video showing all the settings and how the game runs on it.

Comment

Originally posted by Grzybiarz View Post
      https://youtu.be/3y1hJadXgQU
      Here is a brief video video showing all the settings and how the game runs on it.
      Thanks! This is very helpful. What version of Frogbots are you using?

Comment

QuakeOne - Quake 1 Resurrection - Quake 1 File Downloads - Frogbot (199 this one. It even works with juraj Styk version.

Comment

QuakeOne - Quake 1 Resurrection - Quake 1 File Downloads - Frogbot (199 this one. It even works with juraj Styk version.
          Thanks! You know the "add bot" and "remove bot" commands that are in the multiplayer menu? Going to link them for this mod! Trying it now

Comment

Here give this a try: https://www.dropbox.com/s/bqa5yqgwm2...EBOOT.rar?dl=0

It's a development version, but I linked the "Add Bot" "Add Team Bot" and "Remove Bot" button functions under the multiplayer menu to the same commands for frogbots. Let me know if it works for you! If you don't mind being a DEV tester, I'll keep sending more revisions your way! Better to get the bugs out in advance and you're good at reporting the issues. For the revision I'll add in some botskill functionality into the multiplayer menu. Any ideas of options you'd like to see?

EDIT: Don't add bots very quickly hahahaha. It will crash the PSP. Just add one every 10 seconds or so
            EDIT 2: When in teamplay mode "No Friendly Fire" addbot and addteambot both exclusively add teambots. Woops.
            Last edited by Dark_Duke; 06-22-2016, 11:50 AM.

Comment

All the functions that are needed for regular user are Difficulty Settings and adding/removing bots. You can add some other, but i think it will be a bit pointless because regular player wont know what these stands for, and advanced players, will just put it in console. You dont need to add any Difficulty option, because it is there already. Skill of the bots is being choosed in the settings of new multiplayer game. Easy stands for low AI and nightmare for the highest. I dont have any crashes while adding bots quickly. I just cant add any for about one second after i summon previous one. If you want to add this mod to your main game files, remember to switch off dynamic lights at default in config or autoexec.

Anwsering your question: add bot, add teambot and remove bot options works fine for me, without and crashes

Comment

Ahh good point, didnt know that the difficulty option affected bot skill.

In general, any other options/features you'd like to see in the next official revision?

Comment

I think the option to disable crosshair in menu is something i would like to be added, and is not hard to make. I think. :p

Also, I would love if you put texture filter switch off option (pixeleted textures like in original quake for Dos), but i heard from kurok creator that you would need to change some things in code, so it is not something that is nessecary.
                  Last edited by Grzybiarz; 06-22-2016, 02:44 PM.

Comment

Unfortunately, I believe that MDave is right and the filter you are talking about is hardcoded into code for the Kurok engine. In fact, I tried doing a build of his "software" render, but it absolutely refuses to compile.

Comment

Ok. It is not that big problem for me. Thank you for checking that

Comment

No problem man, I was curious myself!

Development Build Update for Testing: Revision 2.1

===CHANGELOG===
                        Bot Options under Multiplayer tab are now linked for FROGBOTS
                        Bot Options will autohide when not in FROGBOTS

Added Crosshair Enable/Disable Option under OPTIONS > SUBMENU MISC OPTIONS
                        Added Autoaim Enable/Disable Option under OPTIONS > SUBMENU MISC OPTIONS
                        DOWNLOAD: DEV Insomnia ProQuake 4.71 Revision 2.1

Comment

crosshair and autoaim options works perfectly, but bot options doesent show up even when playing frogbot mod.

When you switch on the Standby mode on your PSP and then switch it back to normal mode, bgmtype automatically changes to "none". I belive that happened also in regular proquake. I suggest you adding option to change music type, simmilar to that from jurajstyk version. It will solve the problem, as soon as another music start playing. Or you can just put "bgmtype cd" in autoexec that will solve the problem as well.
                          Last edited by Grzybiarz; 06-23-2016, 11:37 AM.

Comment

crosshair and autoaim options works perfectly, but bot options doesent show up even when playing frogbot mod.

When you switch on the Standby mode on your PSP and then switch it back to normal mode, bgmtype automatically changes to "none". I belive that happened also in regular proquake. I suggest you adding option to change music type, simmilar to that from jurajstyk version. It will solve the problem, as soon as you another music start playing. Or you can just put "bgmtype cd" in autoexec that will solve the problem as well.
                            Will look into adding option for setting bgmtype in menu! On similar note, is your frogbots folder called "frogbot", "frogbots", "FROGBOT" or "FROGBOTS"? Regardless, I'll be sure to make sure it applies to all of them

Comment

My frogbot folder is just called "frogbot".

There is a problem with moving using analog. When you are moving forward with analog, your strafe speed becomes very limited and it is almost like you cant strafe while using analog to move forward.

Also i just discovered that if you try to exit the game while in prompt menu, your PSP freeze.

Thank you very much for making this port better. You are awesome.
                              Last edited by Grzybiarz; 06-23-2016, 01:40 PM.

Comment

Ah! My frogbot folder was "frogbots" with an s at the end. I'll adjust it so that it only looks for either and make sure its not case-sensitive.

Interesting with the analog movement. Was this an issue in the other versions?

When you are leaving the prompt menu, are you hitting HOME > EXIT or are you using the Circle to quit button?

Comment

Working...
                                X