Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hahaha

"if I do not win, at least I tied"
    the invasion has begun! hide your children, grab the guns, and pack sandwiches.

syluxman2803

Comment

Originally posted by Focalor View Post
      That's open carry with a permit though, not plain old open carry like they do in- well, I was gonna say Texas, but it appears they changed that. That's the open carry I was referring to. I've seen the youtube videos of these dumbasses walking around in public with their AR strapped to their backs just hoping a cop will mess with them about it. I'm all for gun owners rights, but I'm definitely not one of THOSE redneck idiots. They invite harassment, which is why I won't open carry. If you wanna protect yourself, fine, but there's no need to freak people out. But honestly I wasn't aware open carry with permit was legal here. I still wouldn't personally do it though.
      The point is, you said you had a permit, correct? So why not OC when riding your motorcycle?

You cant use Texas as a point which you caught yourself as you were thinking of using it. Texas became an Open carry state with a permit for handgun's this year on 1/1/2016. The only open carry they had before that was with long gun's.

This is what I do, I study firearm law's in every state, I said it before and I will say it again, I drive 48 state's legally armed, one of a kind federal permit for the job I do, however when I am not working I must know each state's law's that I travel through or I am in at the present time because the federal permit is only legal during my work duties which is 24 hours a day when I am tied down to my armored 18 wheeler. But let's say I park my 18 wheeler at a truck stop in Illinois and there is a rental car company nearby, I go rent a car in Illinois and take a drive, I am no longer federally permitted to carry a firearm legally in that state as I relieved myself from my duties as an armored merchant guard, It now falls under reciprocity, which NO ONE has reciprocity with the state of Illinois so all 49 state's would be illegal if they visited Illinois with a firearm. However a few law's can protect you such as U.S. Code 926A and FOPA (Firearm Owner Protection Act) when traveling through such state's that do not have reciprocity with your license issued state. So you can pass Illinois from Ohio going to Iowa and as long as you do NOT stop for anything other then gas, bathroom, and a meal you are legal to transport that firearm across state lines. If you stop and get a hotel, visit a friend, go shopping etc, you would now be considered illegal as your travel was interrupted by those activities.

We can go back and forth all day long, However I would rather try and spend time discussing other issue's. I have been very informal on these topic's and you have had your opinion's.

It's been fun, we can chat about something else as I enjoyed this conversation and glad it stayed calm and not heated. Until next time.

Comment

I already said, it invites harassment in my opinion. Police see you with a gun and they're probably gonna stop and question you about it. If other folks riding by saw it, they'd maybe call the police and tell them they saw me with a gun. I have shit to do, and getting interrogated by smokey ain't on the schedule. With or without a permit, open carry just ain't my thing. Nobody needs to know I'm armed, and knowing tends to freak some people out. I don't carry to show off, I carry because I'd rather have it and not need it than need it and not have it. When I got pulled over that time, the cop was clearly executing an illegal stop. Without getting too specific, the reason he gave for doing it was because of what I was wearing, which isn't against the law. Had he noticed my gun, and he would have because he was trying to find anything he possibly could, then I would've been obligated to show him my ID even though the stop wasn't legit. He wouldn't have found anything but... I'm not gonna comply with commands from a cop being a dick to me like he was if I don't have to. And if I were to open carry, I feel like it would invite more incidents just like that one.
        Last edited by Focalor; 10-02-2016, 06:56 AM.

Comment

This is presidential debate chat, not open carry chat. A couple of posts, whoopee doo... on and on and on posts, take that shit somewhere else. @ WL - since you can't read this I sent you a note via negative rep.

On a lighter note
          [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-nQGBZQrtT0[/ame]
          Last edited by MadGypsy; 10-02-2016, 07:25 AM.
          http://www.nextgenquake.com

Comment

I already said, it invites harassment in my opinion. Police see you with a gun and they're probably gonna stop and question you about it. If other folks riding by saw it, they'd maybe call the police and tell them they saw me with a gun. I have shit to do, and getting interrogated by smokey ain't on the schedule. With or without a permit, open carry just ain't my thing. Nobody needs to know I'm armed, and knowing tends to freak some people out. I don't carry to show off, I carry because I'd rather have it and not need it than need it and not have it. When I got pulled over that time, the cop was clearly executing an illegal stop. Without getting too specific, the reason he gave for doing it was because of what I was wearing, which isn't against the law. Had he noticed my gun, and he would have because he was trying to find anything he possibly could, then I would've been obligated to show him my ID even though the stop wasn't legit. He wouldn't have found anything but... I'm not gonna comply with commands from a cop being a dick to me like he was if I don't have to. And if I were to open carry, I feel like it would invite more incidents just like that one.
            Unfortunately there are some LEO's who abuse the job and it's very few who do. Open Carry in GA is not a reason for a stop, as I stated many post ago, refer to HB (House Bill) 60. It clearly states they can not stop you just for open carrying, there must be a primary reason to stop you and then once that has been established they can ask you for a permit and even secure the firearm during the stop. I have carried many time's in civilian clothing in GA in front of LEO's and even associated with them and never once did they ask me for I.D. It all depends on the officer. Just because they wear a uniform does not mean the person wearing it is going to give you crap over it. Human's will be human's regardless of the attire they wear.

Comment

Here is a picture of me Open Carrying in Georgia, This was actually at the Pilot on I-75 Exit 60 in Tifton, GA.

no uniform on, just civilian clothing during that time, no one blinked an eye inside the truck stop even when I went to eat at the steak n shake, sat in there for almost 2 hour's and no one called the police, made a stink about it etc.

I do it all the time in state's that allow it when I am in civilian clothing. When I am in my duty gear/uniform obviously no one cares, all they do is stare, only thing different is my clothing.
              Attached Files

Comment

Yeah, I'm sure if I had your job, I'd opt to belt holster one too since that job automatically makes you more likely to encounter danger. I know not all cops are shady too. I'm pretty friendly with a neighbor who's a swat officer and sometimes he joins me for some target shooting on my property. So I'm not 100% anti-cops.

Anyway, Gypsy's getting pouty over the gun chat and says we should take this shit elsewhere and stay on-topic. Says he knows you got him blocked so he decided to send that message via a down rep. He loves that rep system. Sent me a message with it too once. So, uh... yeah... how 'bout them debates! They's really... debateful. Bunch of master debaters and cunning linguists, they are.

Comment

Anyway, Gypsy's getting pouty
                  Exactly why he is blocked, and he should not be one to tell anyone to not get off topic considering that he has done it many many time's on other post.

I felt like the debate itself was like any other debate, one get's the shit end of the stick while the other hold's the clean end.

Comment

Correction:

I stated Tuesday is debate #2. My mistake. Tuesday is the first VP debate. In all honesty, I am not very enthusiastic about VP debates. I will probably still watch it but, more-than-likely in a "background noise" way.

Comment

23 min til VP Debate (8cn)
                      Last edited by MadGypsy; 10-04-2016, 06:37 PM.

Comment

This debate is already a snooze-fest and it's only 12 minutes in.

Comment

Well, my guy's pretty good...

Well, my gal's pretty ok...

Meanwhile the moderator's prepping the .12 gauge under his table.

YOU'RE GONNA CARRY THAT WEIGHT...

Comment

Presidential Debate #2 in 1 hour 13 minutes - 8pm Central/9pm Eastern

Comment

Should we start a new thread or just keep it here?

YOU'RE GONNA CARRY THAT WEIGHT...

Comment

Well, I see what you're saying and that was an oversight when I started this thread but, I think keeping it here is good.

8 minutes til the debate.

Comment

Working...
                                X