• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• talisa
    replied
    @duoranger
    FTEqw supports replacing models with MD3 models

to be able to use md3 models, in 'texture options' enable the 'load replacements' option

FTEqw can also use pk3s just like darkplaces,and the way of replacing models is nearly identical, except that you dont need to manually change file-extension
    http://quakeone.com/forums/quake-tal...tml#post143289

Leave a comment:

• duoranger
    replied
    guys, there's no way to replace hexen II Player Models with high poly ones like Quake?

Leave a comment:

• dfsp_spirit
    replied
    The Q2W/quetoo map is definitely not the map you are looking for. It is a new DM map jester made specifically for our Q2W game.

Leave a comment:

• ETTiNGRiNDER
    replied
    Originally posted by Mirrorman95 View Post
    I think the website formerly known as Quake2World keeps the Multiplayer map Gehenna at Map: Gehenna | Quetoo BETA.
    Are you sure that's the same map?

Edit: I was able to get in touch with the author of the map I was looking for, who sent it to me, but it has a bug that prevents it from being completed, so nevermind.
    Last edited by ETTiNGRiNDER; 06-12-2015, 08:45 AM.

Leave a comment:

• xaGe
    replied
    Its never going to happen, but YES I wish the same thing. Just prefer the feel of DP and content created for it. Always have.

Originally posted by duoranger View Post
    i would like to see Lord Havok Working on a Hexen 2 DarkPlaces someday

but a man can dream

Leave a comment:

• golden_boy
    replied
    @Seven: You may be right there

my own experiences crossing Hexen and Quake code are limited to a reckless plan of including Hexen 2's hub system in a QuakeC codebase. I'm pretty confident it would have worked, but alas, I never got to implementing it because of switching engines.

GB

Leave a comment:

• Henry
    replied
    May I ask what kind of benefits compared to existing Hexen2 engines you are thinking of?
    Or is it the amount of replacements specially made for Darkplaces that came to your mind and that you also want to have for Hexen2? Something like "Hexen2 HD Pack"? In that case, you dont need DarkPlaces for it.

Leave a comment:

• duoranger
    replied
    i would like to see Lord Havok Working on a Hexen 2 DarkPlaces someday

but a man can dream

Leave a comment:

• Seven
    replied
    Originally posted by golden_boy View Post
    (...) FTE does realtime lighting and custom textures without moving a muscle (..)
    cough cough. You may want to rethink the realtime lighting and muscle part.

Originally posted by golden_boy View Post
    (...) its real power lies in the things it allows you to do with QuakeC/HexenC.
    Do not forget, several fte features are Quake exclusively. They do not work in Hexen2. I spoke with Spike about it once.

Originally posted by Rino View Post
    Hi everyone!
    My works here
    Great ! Thank you Rino for sharing your work.

Leave a comment:

• Henry
    replied
    Originally posted by Rino View Post
    Hi everyone!
    My works here
    I didnt find a link to your Hexen2 page first time I saw your post.
    In your signature´s link there are only houses and furnitures from europe.
    You seem to be a rich salesman for luxury goods

Now I found it. Maybe better post a direct link next time:
    Download: https://www.facebook.com/RINO3Dartis...667509/?type=1
    Screens: https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...0246732&type=1

I tried your demo and want to say Thank you.

Some feedback as you requested in your readme:

It suprised me that the sheeps in your intro map have different sizes. Some of them are really huge. Much bigger than the player. That looks weird. You maybe want to change this.
    First I thought it was the engines fault and I tried all of your mentioned ones: FTE, HoT and UQE.
    If you do not add the -portals extension, the sheeps will sink into the floor in HoT and UQE. FTE has issues when changing maps. It crashes around 50% of the time and could not load a saved game.
    The player also gets blocked from the grass models. That should not be I think.
    At the end of the intro map I almost had to cheat because I didnt know how to open the giant door with your extra texture to the next map. I dont want to spoil it here. In the end I accidentally found out how to open it Nice idea of you but it really can confuse and bug people.

The main map rinoxxxevo was really nice. The sheeps had the correct size as well, lol. Some texture scales are really big. That makes them blurred and it also looks wrong somehow.
    It was a nice idea to use latin in game texts and hints (or is it italian?). But for the most people it should be english.
    I liked it that you can access almost all map areas from the big stone passage and also can go back from other areas to previous ones. That makes the level special.
    I spotted an imp after using the high elevator, but he never attacked me. You should position him more towards the upper end of the elevator.
    I loved your ideas for the dark areas. No spoiler again at this time, but it is better to use the torches that you placed there. Great!
    Near the end I almost cheated again because the draw bridge was pulled in, lol. But after some time everybody should find the alternative way. Nice.

Overall, the map has too few large areas in my humble opinion. It has a lot of edges and narrow passages. Some more space here and there would be nice. The area I will keep in my mind when thinking about your demo map is the end area with the 2 bridges.

Cannot wait for your next maps. Great job!

Leave a comment:

• golden_boy
    replied
    I generally use JeanK's textures (with some extra textures from other packs) with jsHexen2 when playing Hexen II. I was just curious because someone mentioned something in an earlier post about invalid JPGs. Are there any key features UQE and/or FTE have that jsH2 does not, besides being able to play Quake as well?
    Well, FTE has a lot of engine extensions for modders, just like Darkplaces. Things like CSQC but also extended programming stuff. So if you were to make a serious HexenC mod with things like a custom HUD, FTE would be the one to make it with.

-> FTE provides a lot of behind-the-scenes programmer stuff that's probably not interesting to people who just want to play. It's an engine for modding experiments. Since no one makes HexenC mods, all those features go unused...

It's just like Darkplaces. Eyecandy is the smallest thing these engines can do. It doesn't even scratch the surface. FTE does realtime lighting and custom textures without moving a muscle, its real power lies in the things it allows you to do with QuakeC/HexenC.

Leave a comment:

• Mirrorman95
    replied
    Originally posted by Henry View Post
    What most people do not know is, that the jsHexen 2 compilation created by jeank includes only textures in .tga format. That makes his compilation compatible to all supporting engines (also UQE) !

On top of that, jeank´s compilation includes more high res replacement world textures compared to inkub0´s. inkubo remade around 83% of the Hexen2 world textures. jeank remade almost all Hexen2 and Portals world textures. I do not speak about the simple rescaled ones.
    They both teamed up during development, so that you will find a large amount of identical or only slightly different textures in both packs. See their readme files and this thread for more info.
    You can also diff them to see them side by side and can quickly identify the missing ones.

Furthermore jeank also included replacement textures for a lot of model skins in his pack. As well as soundtrack and a lot of particles. The .lit files for H2 + Portals are included as well. Same for menu textures and conchars as well as others.

This makes jeanks compilation the most complete Hexen 2 compilation available.
    You can use most of it in other supporting engines as well, such as FTE, if you do not like the jshexen2 engine.

As far as I know only UQE, FTE and jshexen2 are supporting those (please read text above).
    You should try them by yourself to see which one you like the most.
    As all of them has its pros and cons.
    There is no general statement for everyone.
    I generally use JeanK's textures (with some extra textures from other packs) with jsHexen2 when playing Hexen II. I was just curious because someone mentioned something in an earlier post about invalid JPGs. Are there any key features UQE and/or FTE have that jsH2 does not, besides being able to play Quake as well?

Leave a comment:

• Henry
    replied
    Originally posted by Korax View Post
    UQE Hexen II supports external textures. Although inkub0's texture pack crashes the engine as his JPG files seems to be unsupported/non-standard. UQE uses the same JPG decoding library that is being used in Quake III Arena & Doom 3.

I've also confirmed that those engines gets crashes/issues with those JPG files. The only solution would be to re-save those JPG files or convert them to TGA, which would fix the issue.

UQEH2's documentation explains how to get external textures/skins working.

What most people do not know is, that the jsHexen 2 compilation created by jeank includes only textures in .tga format. That makes his compilation compatible to all supporting engines (also UQE) !

On top of that, jeank´s compilation includes more high res replacement world textures compared to inkub0´s. inkubo remade around 83% of the Hexen2 world textures. jeank remade almost all Hexen2 and Portals world textures. I do not speak about the simple rescaled ones.
    They both teamed up during development, so that you will find a large amount of identical or only slightly different textures in both packs. See their readme files and this thread for more info.
    You can also diff them to see them side by side and can quickly identify the missing ones.

Furthermore jeank also included replacement textures for a lot of model skins in his pack. As well as soundtrack and a lot of particles. The .lit files for H2 + Portals are included as well. Same for menu textures and conchars as well as others.

This makes jeanks compilation the most complete Hexen 2 compilation available.
    You can use most of it in other supporting engines as well, such as FTE, if you do not like the jshexen2 engine.

By the way, which would you say is the prettiest Hexen 2 source port that supports Inkub0's jpgs as valid texture replacements?
    As far as I know only UQE, FTE and jshexen2 are supporting those (please read text above).
    You should try them by yourself to see which one you like the most.
    As all of them has its pros and cons.
    There is no general statement for everyone.

Leave a comment:

• Mirrorman95
    replied
    Originally posted by ETTiNGRiNDER View Post
    Thanks, glad the map's still out there.

So I just finished going through all of the single player maps/map sets for Hexen II that I could get my hands on, which in addition to the official campaign and expansion are:

* Black Plague
    * Mission Pack by Rino
    * Mission Pack by Rino 2
    * The Temple of Chaos
    * Fortress of Four Doors
    * Buried Spire
    * Ahumado's Skull
    * Speeed's Imagination

Which is quite possibly "all of them".

Or is it? It seems that the same guy who did Ahumado and Speeed did a third thing called "Gehenna", but the download doesn't work, Wayback Machine failed me, and so did Googling for an alternate download. Probably a long shot, but anyone happen to have it lying around?

(If you wonder about Amok, that's for the original Hexen and can be found here.)
    I think the website formerly known as Quake2World keeps the Multiplayer map Gehenna at Map: Gehenna | Quetoo BETA.
    By the way, which would you say is the prettiest Hexen 2 source port that supports Inkub0's jpgs as valid texture replacements?

Leave a comment:

• Rino
    replied
    Hi everyone!
    My works here

Leave a comment:

Working...
X