Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello all. I'm AEnoch. Been playing Quake since I ordered it directly from id the day it was available for order. Used to be known as Creed back in the day but that band came and stole my name. Getting back into playing and modding again, or at least trying to. I've been lurking for a little while and i thought I'd register and say hi!

Comment

• new to quake0ne

hi im munson ive been quakin since 96
      not much online these daze but im havin a blast qrackin
      sp custom maps. i get a kick outta all the eye candy on qrack.
      im running vista with a nvidea 9600gt.

Comment

• Hey Munson.. I know that name well. !!!! Are you family or what?

Originally posted by munson View Post
        hi im munson ive been quakin since 96
        not much online these daze but im havin a blast qrackin
        sp custom maps. i get a kick outta all the eye candy on qrack.
        im running vista with a nvidea 9600gt.
        www.Net-Tyme.com
        Lifes a game.. It's time to Play!
        Quake.net-tyme.com Pick your Poison.

Comment

• whats up all i have been on and off q1 for years now thought i would play anyone on here i know some of my quake nicks are slug,kantou,saint,razor,overkill

Comment

• Greetings All,

I use to run several DM Servers WAY back.
            One ran a Highly Customized DMPlus.
            We called it TSAVO back then.

Figured I'd re-do some old stuff using some of the newer Engine releases
            for the heck of it.

I've also become quite good at 3D Model work since then
            and may just re-build an unreleased Mod I had
            back then.

I haven't lost my touch for Modding over the Years.
            Just changed Games.

Here's a link to some things I've done.
            Silent Hunter Stuff

Now I'm off to find the needed Tools
            and start messing about.

Regards,
            Privateer

Comment

• whassup peoples, i'm back. been living in india for 6 months--internet there is achingly slow
              looking forward to fragging you all
              -spooky

Comment

• reguards

and welcome back the creepy and spooky TU tag team champs
                "

Comment

• wow, I had to pull out my old QUAKE cd case and install it again. to this day, it's still the best online experience i had in my life. so much fun..still better than Left 4 dead, counter-strike, COD 4, team fortress 2, and tons of countless games i've played since..... plus, back then, not many games in the market to compete with QUAKE anyway...and even if there were, Quake in 1996-1998ish was KING of the world.

LOL@ Netscape dialup advertisement during cd install ...such memories

anyway, I used to go by Who DaMan and THE JANITOR

primarily a CTF player. Used to play on HELL-CTF ran by a guy named Terrorist and some other CTF server that used to play the e4m3 type maps....

played in a 3wave CTF league a few times, also played in a regular CTF league too

anyway, hi. i'll be frequenting these forums now

Comment

• sup fellas. It seems that I have found my way back to quake and now I remember why I was so addicted back in the day to this damn game.

You will mainly see my on dm hdz server because of the ping

Comment

• Hi all,

I just subscribe on this forum, while it's been already several years I'm acting onto the Quake scene, particularly onto func_ forum.

I started playing Quake in 1996, during my University time, and I had in mind to map for the game, but I never found time... 5 years ago, I got a brand new PC, and I decided to check whether Quake community was still alive or not, and what a surprise to see how much people were still playing Quake.... So I decided it was time for me to test mapping, and I discovered with a lot of luck QuArK editor. Then mapping became my second hobby after Windsurf...

You can check my small "portfolio" at my website (http://lambert.jeanphilippe.free.fr/) in the Quake section.. for those who are more curious, there are more to see

Here it is... Now I have to work (I'm at office... ), but this evening, I will map for sure

Bye
                      What Does Not Kill You, Makes You Stronger

Comment

• Originally posted by JPL View Post
                        Hi all,

I just subscribe on this forum, while it's been already several years I'm acting onto the Quake scene, particularly onto func_ forum.

I started playing Quake in 1996, during my University time, and I had in mind to map for the game, but I never found time... 5 years ago, I got a brand new PC, and I decided to check whether Quake community was still alive or not, and what a surprise to see how much people were still playing Quake.... So I decided it was time for me to test mapping, and I discovered with a lot of luck QuArK editor. Then mapping became my second hobby after Windsurf...

You can check my small "portfolio" at my website (http://lambert.jeanphilippe.free.fr/) in the Quake section.. for those who are more curious, there are more to see

Here it is... Now I have to work (I'm at office... ), but this evening, I will map for sure

Bye
                        And what a fine map-maker he is. The Cheyenne Mountain Complex and the Slime Refinery Complex are 2 of the coolest levels ever. And Event Horizon.

And Hellchepsout, which is the awesomest DarkPlaces effects level ever. [It looks incredible in DarkPlaces).

And CDA, Castle of the Dark Ages.

I didn't like Five Rivers Land, but others liked it quite a bit.
                        Quakeone.com - Being exactly one-half good and one-half evil has advantages. When a portal opens to the antimatter universe, my opposite is just me with a goatee.

So while you guys all have to fight your anti-matter counterparts, me and my evil twin will be drinking a beer laughing at you guys ...

Comment

• Baker,

Oh, I'm honored by what you just wrote.. Thanks a lot... I do not deserve it... though...
                          Anyway, you missed my latest release (while it happened in March) in your list: tha map is titled "Fort Driant" .. (yet again) a giant base map Quoth-based with plenty of new sounds... Check my website

Bye
                          What Does Not Kill You, Makes You Stronger

Comment

• Shok

wazzaa,

Im at work - the names Shok, aka Shokker. I've had many funny aliases before like DIXIE NORMOUS, PEACEFUL SNAIL and APOON MUGABE.

Started playin in 1996 and have been on/off since. A co-worker got me into it and we used to FFA all the time. I got better than him eventually and he accused me of botting one time...a little awakard at work..errr ROFL.

Old Server hangouts: Iserve, Headhunters, Elohim, Bta.Avana, scourge, erols and Clanberries.

Used to FFA, CA for a long time, now DM/CA.

Some Clans I have been in: -RW- Rogue Warriors, BTA (Brotherhood of The Axe) D3M (Demolition) - IOV (Icons Of Vanity)

For me the attraction to quake is its simplicity, (join, and go, etc) playability and now its most nostalgic when the players you knew over the years keep coming back and you see them every now and then.

So ya thats about it for now.

Comment

• Well, lets see here.... I started playing quake in 97' and played on Heat.net under the name of JeRkFucK. Bounced in between Mplayer and Heat mostly and got on net servers every once in a while.

Comment

• Hi all

Used to play very often way back in 99 then people began getting better internets and I stayed at dialup lol. I think I played under Sadie a fair bit. Usually hung out in Rocket Arena, Quake Shmack and the Deadzone.

It's so nice to see that this is still around and going strong.

See you out there

Comment

Working...
                                X