Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

the 'definitive' HD replacement content list!

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• talisa
    replied
    @ritzbitz
    sure thing, glad to be able to help

@lightning
    no, the mummy from ROGUE/DOE is one of the only few remaining monsters for which no HD textures have been made sadly...

nergal from reforged has been busy making HD textures for monsters from ROGUE lately , and he has made nearly all of them except for mummy.
    so hopefully in the near future he'll make one for the mummy as well
    Last edited by talisa; 08-03-2014, 09:22 AM.

Leave a comment:

• RitzBitz
    replied
    @Talisa, got it thanks!

Leave a comment:

• Lightning_Hunter
    replied
    Did anyone ever make a high-res skin for the Mummy in Rogue? The Mummy is just a different skin for the zombie.

Leave a comment:

• talisa
    replied
    @ritzbitz
    this would be related to webangel's animated-reflecting-overload pack
    http://quakeone.com/forums/quake-mod...-overload.html

you can find the reason for your problem right in the first post in webangels thread
    Originally posted by webangel View Post

You have to enable your DDS feature with:

"r_texture_dds_load" "1"

Type this into the console or into your config.cfg AND RESTART your Darkplaces!!!
    webangels pack uses DDS textures, and if you dont enable this cvar darkplaces will show these checkered stand-in textures instead
    Last edited by talisa; 08-02-2014, 01:19 PM.

Leave a comment:

• RitzBitz
    replied
    Missing textures?

So, I need a little help here, kinda new to the modding thing... I've installed a lot of the files from this "definitive set", and I run it through DarkPlaces, and it looks AMAZING(great work guys!!!) but with a couple exceptions. It seems there are certain wall textures that won't load... Namely some of the "tech" and "twall" textures, I noticed this in E1M1 and E2M1, the more "installation" like maps I have sections with the grey and white checkerboard... I took a few screenshots of what's happening, any help would be much appreciated.

imgur: the simple image sharer

Leave a comment:

• talisa
    replied
    just added pringles man's alternate version of OoPpEe's lasercannon to the list of weapons in MP1:SoA/HIPNOTIC thread

Leave a comment:

• talisa
    replied
    sure thing, glad to be able to help

if you're new and arent familiar with all the features from the SMC it can be confusing at times. im a long-time user (and biggest fan) of seven's SMC so if you need help with features of it you can always ask me for help as well

Leave a comment:

• Krymzon 45
    replied
    Got it.

Thank you! I never even thought about the glowing axe feature being enabled.

Leave a comment:

• talisa
    replied
    you probably have the extended glowing feature of the axe enabled, which forces you to use a different axe-model included with SMC

in your autoexec.cfg find the line set zombieaxeanimation and set it to 0
    then the SMC will use the default model again and you'll be able to use my sword and axe

Leave a comment:

• Krymzon 45
    replied
    Hey there Talisa.

I have a problem when trying to use the Shambler's Castle Axe and your sword. Neither one shows up. I keep getting my default axe that appears in Seven's SMC. I even made copies of my weapon pk3 and removed all axe modles and textures but I still keep getting the axe from Seven's SMC. Is there a way I must disable it or do I have to remove it from his SMC?

Leave a comment:

• talisa
    replied
    thanx, its a model i made myself. its based on the skyforge steel sword from skyrim

Leave a comment:

• Krymzon 45
    replied
    Nice Job!

The sword looks pretty wild I'm going to try it out.

Leave a comment:

• talisa
    replied
    @krymzon
    check back at top the second post in this thread, there you will find all available weapon-models

there's ruohis' HD models, plague's HD models and orion's debugged models

and there's also the axe from the shamblers castle doom3 mod, which OoPpEe converted for use in DP
    you can find link to that axe over at 'monsters' section

oh, and almost forgot.... there is also a medieval axe i made myself:
    http://quakeone.com/forums/quake-mod...other-axe.html

just realized i completely forgot about adding link to that axe i made myself

EDIT: and i also completely forgot i also made a sword replacement for the axe:
    http://quakeone.com/forums/quake-mod...tml#post140072
    Last edited by talisa; 07-13-2014, 04:12 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Krymzon 45
    replied
    Well His models are ok.

The thing I like about hid models pack is the muzzle flash that shoots the flame out of the barrel lol. As far as other model packs for weapons how many are there to choose from? If you know of a few I would appreciate a point in the direction as I am always looking for something different that may suit my tastes a bit better.

Leave a comment:

• talisa
    replied
    ah yes that doesnt surprise me at all that taht model would be in plague's pack,
    seeing all of his weapon-models all are more blocky-looking as well

suppose it all comes down to preference... if you want something that looks more authentic and rough,
    or a model which looks more fancy and looks like an actual nail like the ones used in construction.

i personally love the idea of them being actual huge nails.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X