This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by inkub0 View Post
    Using BSP lights as RTLIGHTS is a right way to kill your GPU =)
    and the final effect is ugly :/
    Maybe, but darkplaces do it. And do good in many cases
    Hexen:Edge of Chaos: News - my most awaiting game
    Qtracker - for easy searching of Quake and HeXen II servers
    HeXen II: All Source Ports List - i am collecting everything for HeXen II
    HeXen II Files - under development
    Me at Facebook - want play hexen2 multiplayer write me
    hexen2 ftp
    hexen2 maps, mods, addons, etc, torrent

Comment

• Having edited some rtlights in Darkplaces for a map I made, all I can say is that what you get (mostly) are coronas and some speed gains if you do disable some of the lights in the map and so and such.
      Displacement mapping does not need .rtlights, nor does testing my map over and over has killed my GPU (Starcraft 2, from what I've heard, if left unchecked in the main menu with a poorly cooled GPU can though ), .dlit files could indeed be useful, but something tells me what you really want is a lighting system akin to Darkplaces' for Hexen 2, if that includes .rtlights, even better
      Real time lighting is done in engine (Darkplaces) for whatever you throw at it, regardless of the presence of .rtlights.
      In the attached screenshots below from said map, I disabled realtime world lighting for the second one (yes, it looks rather ugly, the map's designed to be run in Darkplaces with real time lighting on) but neither of the two use an .rtlights file.

What doesn't show, but is there...is displacement mapping, it's rather notorious if you approach a wall with the crucified texture waaaay back in the screenshots.
      Attached Files

Comment

• but... can darkplaces edit an Hexen2 map?
        i thought that color palettes was different...
        Ia! Ia! Shubb Niggurath!

"Not dead is what forever can wait" (HPL)

Comment

• I think : no. Different palette and bsp structure.
          Hexen:Edge of Chaos: News - my most awaiting game
          Qtracker - for easy searching of Quake and HeXen II servers
          HeXen II: All Source Ports List - i am collecting everything for HeXen II
          HeXen II Files - under development
          Me at Facebook - want play hexen2 multiplayer write me
          hexen2 ftp
          hexen2 maps, mods, addons, etc, torrent

Comment

but... can darkplaces edit an Hexen2 map?
            i thought that color palettes was different...
            No, but as I said, you probably want a lighting system akin to Darkplaces', so...let's hope devs. Implement it at some point

Comment

• darkplaces has that support, but Lordhavoc said to me that Hexen2 has copyright problems, and he dont want to put that code in darkplaces for now
              Ia! Ia! Shubb Niggurath!

Comment

darkplaces has that support, but Lordhavoc said to me that Hexen2 has copyright problems, and he dont want to put that code in darkplaces for now
                Damn! That bites :S

Comment

• Today i upload beta build 1.21 , sorry about size, its a full pack.

??????.?????

Test it
                  Small jsHexen2 and retex project http://hexen2retex.narod.ru/

Comment

• Originally posted by jeank View Post
                    Today i upload beta build 1.21 , sorry about size, its a full pack.

??????.?????

Test it
                    Well, it does work, some stuff seems a bit prettier...still the ATI problems.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bloodbat View Post
                      Well, it does work, some stuff seems a bit prettier...still the ATI problems.
                      Bloom?

Comment

• Nice!
                        I noticed underwater colours and lightning very saturated and bright... maybe the srtong of the effect is too high...
                        Ia! Ia! Shubb Niggurath!

Comment

• inkub0 - you can adjust it - move sliders of underwater fog to left

Comment

• Originally posted by jeank View Post
                            Bloom?
                            Yeah...if I disable bloom this time the picture in picture effect goes away...but I do miss it :S

Comment

• Maybe it's a problem with ATI's shaders
                              Ia! Ia! Shubb Niggurath!

Comment

• I try use fbo for bloom, in that case bloom be fine on any videocards.

For now i make other little changes - transparent hud and now i want add new font like font in Diablo. There very good visual effect for zoomed cases, but bad seen in small size.

I want know, in 1.21 exist some big bugs except bloom on ATI?
                                All movement interpolations work correct?

Comment

Working...
                                X