Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

the 'definitive' HD replacement content list!

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• talisa
    replied
    just added the reworked weapon-models from Dwere(da werecat) to the list
    http://quakeone.com/forums/quake-mod...tml#post169248

Leave a comment:

• Mugwump
    replied
    Originally posted by Seven View Post
    LOL
    Well I installed XOlve's edit because the readme said the slime looked thicker - I find it too transparent in the original DPwater.

Those conflict with each other.
    Authentic Model Collection is also the reason for your armor texture misalignment.
    But I like Ruohi's weapons! And I like NightFright's monster models! My rig is not powerful enough to replace all creatures with hi-poly models and keep a decent framerate, so I figured I'd go with these as they look much better than vanilla. So I should delete the armor and weapons from the AMC pack? What about the ammo and megahealth boxes? I haven't seen anything wrong with these but they're also in the AMC pack.

I think I talked to you already about it.
    I don't remember any specific talk about Ooppee's barrels. About the SMC, yes, but not about the barrels.

Put the SMC just for fun into your id1 folder
    Alright, alright, I hear you! I didn't want to install it just yet because I'm in the middle of beta-testing a whole bunch of RTlights and I didn't feel like delaying things by taking time to install and configure your SMC.
    Last edited by Mugwump; 09-25-2016, 09:38 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Seven
    replied
    Originally posted by bfg666 View Post
    dpwater_xolveedited-high
    LOL

Weapons-down_no-norm-bump
    Weapons-equip

Plus the pak file from NightFright's Authentic Model Improvement Collection v1.3
    Those conflict with each other.
    Authentic Model Collection is also the reason for your armor texture misalignment.

What did I do wrong?
    Hello bfg666,

So you have your explo boxes look like this:

But you want to have them look like this:

I think I talked to you already about it. Put the SMC just for fun into your id1 folder, restart your Quake and see if it is fixed
    You will see that it is...
    The SMC is not only a mod. It fixes almost all original Darkplaces bugs in Quake.
    Read the readme.txt from SMC and you will see what needs to be done to fix your issue.
    Chapter 4.) in the readme is exactly what you are looking for.

Regards,
    Seven

Leave a comment:

• Mugwump
    replied
    Thanks!

On an unrelated note, I'm having trouble with Ooppee's barrels. They're looking somewhat offset, hovering above the ground and apparently displaced in the XY plane as well in relation to their hitboxes (so I have to figure out where they really are despite what my eyes are seeing if I want to shoot them). Armors also look weird, with their texture shifted to the side.

Here's what I currently have installed in \id1:
    deluxemaps_id1
    DP-New_Teleport-V1.23_DP-new_Seven
    dpwater_xolveedited-high
    Inkub0-rtlights-2.0
    Lava-W@_2013-05-04 FIXED
    ooppee-barrels-with-shaders
    QRP_DoE_map_textures_add-on_v.1.00
    QRP_DoE_normal_map_textures_add-on_v.1.00
    QRP_health_10and25andRuohis100_textures_plus_norma ls
    QRP_item_textures_v.0.73_dp
    QRP_map_textures_v.1.00
    QRP_normalmap_textures_add-on_v.1.00
    QRP_SoA_map_textures_add-on_v.1.00
    QRP_SoA_normal_map_textures_add-on_v.1.00
    shader-animated-b_boxes-ID1
    Weapons-down_no-norm-bump
    Weapons-equip
    zzz FCZ glossy pack v1.2 id
    Plus the pak file from NightFright's Authentic Model Improvement Collection v1.3, an effectinfo.txt by Seven, a bunch of HD texture packs and RTlights for custom maps, as well as Seven's particlefont.tga in \id1\particles.

What did I do wrong?
    Last edited by Mugwump; 09-25-2016, 05:55 AM.

Leave a comment:

• talisa
    replied
    Blood Vengeance's "insomnia HD improved" pack contains a copy of it
    http://quakeone.com/forums/quake-mod...-improved.html

or alternately, WebAngel has also made a gorgeous shader for blood:
    http://quakeone.com/forums/quake-mod...n-liquids.html

Leave a comment:

• Mugwump
    replied
    Hey Talisa, I was looking for DP-Pretty Blood but the link on the mod's page has been removed by IronWarfare and I don't see it here either. Do I have a chance of getting lucky?

Leave a comment:

• talisa
    replied
    just addded the skies, hud icons for makke's armor, and plaque's by phineas to the list:
    http://quakeone.com/forums/quake-mod...tribution.html

Leave a comment:

• Judicator
    replied
    Originally posted by talisa View Post
    @judicator

oooh... i thought the links that you posted were the broken links.

i didnt realize that you were giving me the updated links in your post

anyway, thanx again for pointing out those links,
    ive updated the links with the new ones
    You are welcome.

Leave a comment:

• talisa
    replied
    @judicator

oooh... i thought the links that you posted were the broken links.

i didnt realize that you were giving me the updated links in your post

anyway, thanx again for pointing out those links,
    ive updated the links with the new ones

Leave a comment:

• Judicator
    replied
    ive just edited the list for ID1 to add more stuff that seven linked
    in his 'this and that' thread to the list so it can be found more easily

@judicator

i looked and im afraid i dont have a copy if the numbers & charsets by moondrunk

if someone here happens to have a copy of them,
    please throw them my way in a PM and ill create a dropbox mirror for them
    Why don't you get them from MD's Site?

Leave a comment:

• talisa
    replied
    ive just edited the list for ID1 to add more stuff that seven linked
    in his 'this and that' thread to the list so it can be found more easily

@judicator

i looked and im afraid i dont have a copy if the numbers & charsets by moondrunk

if someone here happens to have a copy of them,
    please throw them my way in a PM and ill create a dropbox mirror for them

Leave a comment:

• Judicator
    replied
    Originally posted by Seven View Post
    Hello Judicator,

what talisa wrote is not quite correct.
    In your screenshot you seem to have realtime lighting enabled, as the bboxes are casting shadows. Every bbox will be drawn according to the lighting then. It only depends on the diffuse textures brightness how bright they are in-game. Also "original bboxes from ID" will get dark. It only depends on the light property.

When you turn off realtime lighting every side of a bbox, independent if original or replacement will be lit equally. And Again: It only depends on the textures brightness how bright they are in-game.

That beeing said, you can change this behaviour in DarkPlaces & FTE to your personal likings:
    Make bboxes brighter all the time and indipendent to realtime lighting. Or make them dark all the time and indipendent to realtime lighting.

Example screenshot from Ruohis bbox models in the dark corners of starting point map E1M3. It shows their regular visual and lit visual (achieved by a simpel shader):

Anyhow, you maybe have noticed that Ruohis“ models are not animated. While some original bboxes are. You can bypass all of the "brightness" trouble from above and even have them animated when you are using this bbox compilation.
    It uses the same models as base and was developed to fix exactly those issues.

There are of course also many other HD bbox models available that are not listed in this thread if you want to try others as well....

Have fun,
    Seven
    Hello Seven and thank you for the useful infos. Yes RT lighting is enabled (Romi's rtlights file for Quake from DP site), I'm still trying to get DP modded to my liking so is an ongoing process which I'm relatively new at so is likely that I'm going to try more models and stuff like the ones you are referring to along the way.

Leave a comment:

• talisa
    replied
    Originally posted by Judicator View Post
    OK then.
    Talisa I've noticed that the links to moondrunk's stuff in the first post are broken, you may want to replace them with the working ones.

Conbacks: http://www.moondrunk.se/files/moondrunk_numbers.zip
    Charsets: http://www.moondrunk.se/files/moondrunk_charsets.zip

Thanks for your work.
    Currently on vacation till thursday.

I'll look at making dropbox mirror when I return home thursday.

@seven

I am aware I might not have everything listed in this thread,
    But ive already bumped the character-limit twice

to be able to add even more to the list I would have to go about splitting the ID1 list
    over into A third post to be able to add even more stuff Like the models from your "this and that" thread

Ill look into doing that when im Back home and are able to be on A computer again
    Currently on A tablet and the keyboard and functionality from this thing isnt good enough to do that

Leave a comment:

• Seven
    replied
    Hello Judicator,

what talisa wrote is not quite correct.
    In your screenshot you seem to have realtime lighting enabled, as the bboxes are casting shadows. Every bbox will be drawn according to the lighting then. It only depends on the diffuse textures brightness how bright they are in-game. Also "original bboxes from ID" will get dark. It only depends on the light property.

When you turn off realtime lighting every side of a bbox, independent if original or replacement will be lit equally. And Again: It only depends on the textures brightness how bright they are in-game.

That beeing said, you can change this behaviour in DarkPlaces & FTE to your personal likings:
    Make bboxes brighter all the time and indipendent to realtime lighting. Or make them dark all the time and indipendent to realtime lighting.

Example screenshot from Ruohis bbox models in the dark corners of starting point map E1M3. It shows their regular visual and lit visual (achieved by a simpel shader):

Anyhow, you maybe have noticed that Ruohis“ models are not animated. While some original bboxes are. You can bypass all of the "brightness" trouble from above and even have them animated when you are using this bbox compilation.
    It uses the same models as base and was developed to fix exactly those issues.

There are of course also many other HD bbox models available that are not listed in this thread if you want to try others as well....

Have fun,
    Seven

Leave a comment:

• Judicator
    replied
    Yeah thats how they're supposed to look.
    The area they're in is dark, so the boxes become darker with the lighting.

Unlike the original ammo-boxes from ID, replacement ammo-boxes are NOT fullbright
    OK then.
    Talisa I've noticed that the links to moondrunk's stuff in the first post are broken, you may want to replace them with the working ones.

Conbacks: http://www.moondrunk.se/files/moondrunk_numbers.zip
    Charsets: http://www.moondrunk.se/files/moondrunk_charsets.zip

Thanks for your work.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X