Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• torgrim: for use jsH2 1.21 effects load this file (23Mb), extract in hexen 2 directory and be happy.

In music folders you can add your music tracks for game.
    Small jsHexen2 and retex project http://hexen2retex.narod.ru/

Comment

• P.S. Spike, what happens with your fteglqw release file?

Comment

• Jeank You are doing a greeeeat Job!
        I suggest you to break you project in pieces, as you did with the effects files... Maybe more people will download JSHexen if they can choose what feature to download.

Look at my "DP PK3s for Dummies" post.

That is my way. Many pieces, so people can "build " his own game =)

I'm sorry for long times in texture developing, but work and study are overtaking me
        Ia! Ia! Shubb Niggurath!

"Not dead is what forever can wait" (HPL)

Comment

• FTE's nightlies are cross compiled from linux, on the same machine that builds for all platforms.
          actual development tends to be done with msvc.
          when builds vanish from the nightlies location, it means there's some difference between gcc/mingw and msvc, either in libs or the compiler itself (eg: gcc erroring on a #pragma breaking an else... imho a gcc bug, but it stops the build).
          the minimal builds, and servers, have less dependancies and are thus more likely to build correctly.
          Some Game Thing

Comment

• Jeank: so there I was fighting Eidolon...destroyed the Chaos Sphere...unloaded on him...Eidolon kneeled and...
            I got kicked to the console with these messages:
            Address -3948(?) 171(think).think -3947(?)
            EIDOLON.HC: EIDOLON_READY_GROW
            {NO FUNCTION}
            ASSIGNMENT TO WORLD ENTITY
            HOST_ERROR: PROGRAM_ERROR

I'm using the latest version from your site (the really small one), from what my brother could translate for me, the one that fixes some video not showing?

On another note:
            Could it be possible to pause the game on ESC? The menu shows, but the camera is still able to move and such.
            Same on intermissions, the intermissions play, but I'm still able to move, collect powerups and such...(except the mouse is inverted).
            Also, what is the "Show Intro" option supposed to do? It doesn't do anything for me ATM.

Comment

• Hello everybody, i am new here, but a old quake and hexen veteran.

@jeank,

you 've done a great job with your jshexen2. Got a large bug. Let me short explain: i started a new game with jshexen2 1.21, paladin, skill 1 (2). The first level was normal (blackmarsh). After entered the second level - what ? No monsters ?! All puzzles were solved ?!
              I don't know why. This is the truth. Have you an idea ?

@inkub0 ,

you've done a great job too. Your textures are wonderful
              - thank you very much

Comment

• inkub0: there be added install script, and i leave 2 versions, full and parts of full for low speed connections.
                And i hope you continue develop your texture pack, there lot and lot of very cool textures.

Spike: thanks for explain.
                So, as i understand, we need use svn client, roll back to previous versions and compile project... I try use RapidSVN but there was some problems, conections absent, which client easy use for FTE?

Bloodbat and flake100: little question - its a constant error or one case crash?

Comment

• Spike, and one more little question: you use <texture name>_norm for normal map textures?

And what suffix for specular textures?

Comment

• jeank:
                    _norm or _bump for normalmaps/heightmaps (engine will only try _bump if _norm fails)
                    specular textures are _gloss apparently.

if you're using svn in windows, tortoisesvn is probably the nicest option, which is what I use.

flake100:
                    firstly, try restarting the engine for each new game, that might fix it. alternatively, and just a hunch, but if you delete the .sav files from your gamedir somewhere (there should be one for each map) then the engine will have no choice but to reset those maps. sounds like it thinks you've previously visited/completed the map and just reloaded the 'old' map instead of spawning it afresh.

regarding bloodbat's post, there are some fairly nasty bugs in the hexenc code. Are there any properly cleaned-up mods anywhere?... I seem to remember newhexen had some progs for using the missionpack version of the engine without the mission pack.
                    Some Game Thing

Comment

• Ok, this time it worked and Eidolon is dead (we can finally rest...at least until Praevus )
                      But the text on the ending cutscenes is not centered on the images and is...brown...kinda hard to read.
                      As for the game not pausing on menu and the character being able to move on intermissions, that is a constant, just happened too, after Eidolon died and the final intermission played.

Comment

• thanks, i will try it.

Comment

• jeank, use sourceforge.net site, its probably best choice for developers.
                          Hexen:Edge of Chaos: News - my most awaiting game
                          Qtracker - for easy searching of Quake and HeXen II servers
                          HeXen II: All Source Ports List - i am collecting everything for HeXen II
                          HeXen II Files - under development
                          Me at Facebook - want play hexen2 multiplayer write me
                          hexen2 ftp
                          hexen2 maps, mods, addons, etc, torrent

Comment

• A question for jeank:
                            I've been trying to download your jshexen2 project for some time now to no avail. mabey i am just doing it wrong, but if i could get some help i would be very grateful. i click on the link for the download (i cant read Russian so i have to translate the page) and then it takes me to a page where i have to enter some numbers (which cant be done without putting the page back in Russian) so i enter the numbers and it takes me to another page but i dont know what to do from there if you could help me out i'd appreciate it

Comment

• Originally posted by tReed View Post
                              it takes me to another page but i dont know what to do from there if you could help me out i'd appreciate it
                              There should be the link in the middle. Sometimes I have to click it more times before the window pop up.

Comment

• Spike - ok, thanks!!!

Bloodbat - ok, i see about that.

WhiteMagicRaven - any migrations may be in future, for now project stay in old locations, because now i have small time, and better i use that time for complete some textures or some part of engine...

tReed - when you enter digits and click green button, you come to page with timer, and after 10 second file must be load. If nothing happens, just click on link under timer, and download file.

So, there direct link for file
                                http://07.dl7sf-narod.yandex.ru/disk...20II%20V25.rar

I dont sure how long that link be active for download...

Comment

Working...
                                X